Records and milestones set to fall in 2017...

• ForumSupporter

Records and milestones set to fall in 2017

Dan Talintyre (Twitter: @dantalintyre)

Sun 1st January, 10:00AM

As another rugby league season fast approaches, we take a look at all the milestones and records that could be set to fall at Wests Tigers in season 2017.

Perhaps the biggest milestone to watch for is with vice-captain Chris Lawrence, who requires just three more tries to pass Benji Marshall for the most tries all-time at the Club.

Since his debut in 2006, Lawrence has scored 74 tries in 194 games, with the City Origin captain also in the running to record his 200th NRL game in the Club’s Round 6 away match against the North Queensland Cowboys at 1300 SMILES Stadium.

In terms of tries, Dally M Fullback of the Year James Tedesco is closing in on a number of records as well, having already passed Brett Hodgson last year for the most tries by a Wests Tigers fullback (currently 45). Tedesco requires five more tries for 50 NRL tries, two tries to pass Beau Ryan for fifth most tries all-time at the Club, and eight tries to pass Pat Richards for fourth most tries all-time at the Club — all in just his sixth season.

A number of players will be looking to record their first try for Wests Tigers in 2017, with the likes of Watson Heleta, Jamal Idris, Jack Littlejohn, Joel Edwards, Bayley Sironen, JJ Felise and Matt Ballin all yet to cross the line in Wests Tigers colours.

After finishing 2016 as the Club’s equal top-try scorer (14), Samoan international David Nofoaluma requires just five more tries to pass Tim Moltzen and Chris Heighington and move into the top 10 all-time try-scorers at the Club. Nofoaluma also requires 15 more tries to record 50 NRL tries — again, a remarkable achievement in just his fifth season.

Having spent time previously at the Newcastle Knights and Penrith Panthers, Fijian captain Kevin Naiqama also requires just 14 more tries to record 50 tries in the NRL.

Several Wests Tigers players are closing in on the 100-game NRL milestone, such as Joel Edwards (currently 96), Ava Seumanufagai (87), Sauaso Sue (79) and Tim Simona (79).

New recruit Jamal Idris also requires 19 games in 2017 to record 150 games in the NRL.

Kyle Lovett (currently 43) and Jordan Rankin (39) could also reach 50 games in the NRL.

Having taken over as full-time captain in 2016, Aaron Woods will pass Scott Prince (29) for the fourth most games as Club captain in the Round 6 match against the Cowboys.

In total, five players in the Club’s extended NRL squad are yet to score a try for Wests Tigers, three are yet to score a try in the NRL, while nine are yet to make their NRL debut.

Yet to score a try for Wests Tigers
    Jamal Idris
    Joel Edwards
    Matt Ballin
    Matt McIlwrick
    Justin Hunt

Yet to score a try in the NRL
    Jack Littlejohn
    Michael Chee Kam
    JJ Felise

Yet to make their NRL debut
    Watson Heleta
    Bayley Sironen
    Ryland Jacobs
    Matt Eisenhuth
    Esan Marsters
    Junior Tatola
    Rod Griffin
    Wesley Lolo
    Taniela Paseka

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/01/01/records_and_mileston.html

• Well if the boys all target their own personal milestone,then they will be a busy side in 2017…
    wish them all the best personally and the club as a whole…. very interesting stats…

• Can’t wait for the banner for Woodsy becoming the 4th highest games as captain

Inspirational stuff , well found Geo

On a personal note , if we get pumped again I will have kicked the dog for the 50th time , a personal record for pets I have owned

• Lawrence was 21 when he scored his 50th try, but he’s slowed down considerably. Might take him a while. If all things go well, Teddy will pass him soon enough.

• @happy tiger:

Can’t wait for the banner for Woodsy becoming the 4th highest games as captain

On a personal note , if we get pumped again I will have kicked the dog for the 50th time , a personal record for pets I have owned

And your proud of that personal achievement Happy…???
    try belting some cane toads,theres plenty up your way… 😆

• @TrueTiger:

@happy tiger:

And your proud of that personal achievement Happy…???
    try belting some cane toads,theres plenty up your way… 😆

Blame the WT’s , don’t blame me , if they won every week this would have never happened in the first place 😃

And secondly I can’t remember the last time I saw a cane toad TT , they are all over the border now :roll

And people say Qlders aren’t smart , we introduce a noxious pest and it emigrated to our greatest nemesis

You deserve them :master:

• @happy tiger:

Poor dog must be retarded to stay must be a queenslander i guess

• @jadtiger:

@happy tiger:

Poor dog must be retarded to stay must be a queenslander i guess

Its like when Smiths first bought out the thin chips…the ad was made in NSW…because they couldn’t use the catch phrase in Qld…“not as thick as some”… :roll

• ForumSupporter

Wests Tigers also sit at 198 First Grade players (*Mosese as honourable)

At a guess I would say Idris will be #199…

I’ll stab and say Heleta #200…

P.S. RSPCA Helpline…Cruelty Complaints & Animal Emergencies (including Wildlife) 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625),

• Stats for stats sake

• @Geo.:

Wests Tigers also sit at 198 First Grade players (*Mosese as honourable)

At a guess I would say Idris will be #199…

I’ll stab and say Heleta #200…

P.S. RSPCA Helpline…Cruelty Complaints & Animal Emergencies (including Wildlife) 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625),

I’d have thought McIlwrick would be 200 - Possibly even Paseka, Tatola, Marsters or one of the young forwards. Reckon Teddy would need to go for Watson to get a start.

• Banned

Typical off season nonsense article.
    Those stats are meaningless.
    Can we also get the number of dumps each player takes per day?
    My bet woodsy blocks the bowl.

• @innsaneink:

Stats for stats sake

Just off-season content, don’t be too hard on the media guys.

• Hope we’re not about set a new record for our longest run without making it to the GF

• We only need another 15 wins to reach 200 wins for the club. That would be nice to bring up this year…

Recent Topics