Wests Tigers Glory Days

• @stryker:

Thought theyd have the Warriors game where we scored a tonne of points in the second half to steal it.

With Gaz Ellis’ inside flick pass to Benji? That was an unreal game.

Surprised the Cowboys game from last year isn’t there either.

• @Cultured Bogan:

@stryker:

Thought theyd have the Warriors game where we scored a tonne of points in the second half to steal it.

With Gaz Ellis’ inside flick pass to Benji? That was an unreal game.

Surprised the Cowboys game from last year isn’t there either.

Actually CB , makes you think why Fox don’t give us a list of games we can vote on to watch

Would create some interest for desperate fans wanting to get a fix of footy from their clubs

• @Geo.:

I dunno about Glory Days but I will always remember One Magnificent Night,

Probably told this story before but I was going to go to this game but was waiting for my AM to organize relief for me

He organized the relief and then forgot to ring me :bash

I had the last laugh , he is a massive Cowboys fan (and Easts Tiger junior ) 😃

• @WestsBenTigers:

@Masterton:

@TrueTiger:

I was there the night we beat the Cowboys,fantastic atmosphere and great win….geez I hope those days of victories come back this season…

I was there that night also. Very little expectations, but wanted to be there for our first semi, so flew down.

My mate was absolutely giving it to Rauhihi that night. He looked around a couple of times, like, “Gee, that bloke really doesn’t like me.”

I was only 1 at the time :bawling
    I have lived my whole life without really seeing a tigers premiership

Hang in there mate,theres plenty on the way for you to tell your kids about someday… 😃

• @WestsBenTigers:

@Masterton:

@TrueTiger:

I was there the night we beat the Cowboys,fantastic atmosphere and great win….geez I hope those days of victories come back this season…

I was there that night also. Very little expectations, but wanted to be there for our first semi, so flew down.

My mate was absolutely giving it to Rauhihi that night. He looked around a couple of times, like, “Gee, that bloke really doesn’t like me.”

At least you were alive, old wests supporters like myself never seen their team win a comp as the last one was 1952, so I was 39 when Weststigers won.
    Balmain supporters were not much luckier,1969 for them, so in away you are not to bad, hopefully mate things will change in the next few years

• @851:

@WestsBenTigers:

@Masterton:

@TrueTiger:

At least you were alive, old wests supporters like myself never seen their team win a comp as the last one was 1952, so I was 39 when Weststigers won.
    Balmain supporters were not much luckier,1969 for them, so in away you are not to bad, hopefully mate things will change in the next few years

I have watched my team play in 6 grand finals winning 2 (1969 and 2005).The agony of seeing your team lose one is something i would not wish on any genuine supporter especially if you dont make the gf very often.
    Lets hope for good memories from here on in

• I watched the 2005 grand final at wests leagues Campbelltown, where apparently the local constabulary had told them if they served full strength beer all day, they would be shut down at the first sign of any trouble.
    I got to drink “Tigers gold” which was XXXX gold on tap with a tigers emblem stuck over the top. Worst beer I have ever tasted, but it was worth it to watch the victory.

• Administrators

@Geo.:

I dunno about Glory Days but I will always remember One Magnificent Night,

Lol, I made that Video when I was about 17. Typos everywhere.

• The atmosphere was something I’d never experienced… Still get chills watching that.
    The songs a tad too slow and morose tho… Suitable I guess for the dragons fan who I picture watching that with tears streaming down their face

• 5:30pm Wests Tigers: 2000 Rnd 21, Eels v Wests Tigers

I think this is the game Michael Gillet scores a double including a charge down try. Parra score on the siren and miss the conversion from the sideline to draw the game.

• Full list is here

10:00AM FOX Sports 1
    Wests Tigers: 2010 Rnd 5, Cowboys v Wests Tigers

11:30AM FOX Sports 1
    Wests Tigers: 2003 Rnd 12, Bulldogs v Wests Tigers

12:30PM FOX Sports 1
    Wests Tigers: 2006 Rnd 4, Wests Tigers v Storm

01:30PM FOX Sports 1
    Wests Tigers: 2000 Rnd 13, Warriors v Wests Tigers

02:30PM FOX Sports 1
    Wests Tigers: 2005 PF#1 Dragons v Wests Tigers

03:30PM FOX Sports 1
    Wests Tigers: 2011 Rnd 13 Wests Tigers v Knights

04:30PM FOX Sports 1
    Wests Tigers: 2009 Rnd 21 Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles

05:30PM FOX Sports 1
    Wests Tigers: 2000 Rnd 21, Eels v Wests Tigers

06:30PM FOX Sports 1
    Wests Tigers: 2005 GF, Wests Tigers v Cowboys

07:30PM FOX Sports 1
    NRL Team Review: Wests Tigers

• Fitzy hatrick at 12:30pm

• @innsaneink:

The atmosphere was something I’d never experienced… Still get chills watching that.
    The songs a tad too slow and morose tho… Suitable I guess for the dragons fan who I picture watching that with tears streaming down their face

The roar when Marshall scored in the first few minutes was the loudest noise i’d ever heard at a game. The crazy thing about that night was Wests Tigers had 30% of suppprt tops. But we drowned them out.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@innsaneink:

The atmosphere was something I’d never experienced… Still get chills watching that.

The roar when Marshall scored in the first few minutes was the loudest noise i’d ever heard at a game. The crazy thing about that night was Wests Tigers had 30% of suppprt tops. But we drowned them out.

Best game I’ve been to and I’ve been to many. Had it all atmosphere, emotions, intensity, adrenaline.
    I remember watching the Swans Grand Final a couple of hours before and the nerves I was experiencing was like never before, I couldn’t eat as my stomach was going into a knot.
    The Dragons supporters leaving the ground with 5 minutes to go from the Northern stand was priceless 😃

• Looking back, the Dragons game meant more to me than than the gf, just because of the atmosphere. The atmosphere at the gf was non existent.

Recent Topics