Could/should Farah have transitioned to the forwards/second row

• Something I have been thinking about for a long time.

Luke Lewis was moved from Halfback to the second row. He definitely has the size, but he also had the work rate. His ball handling skills make him a try scoring machine for the sharks, like Anthony Watmough.

Farah ran too much for JT’s liking. He has a huge work rate and I think could potentially be better in the front row then Chris Lawrence and others.

Either way glad 2017 will be without the dramas with him going. Sad though that he has left after all he has done for the club. Glad to be loosing another Sam Ayoub managed player.

• Banned

Drugs are bad….m’kay.
    Take it easy man.

• Banned

Due to Marshall’s statement that Farah was the best man in the comp. at reading play up the middle for noticing a weakness I thought that Farah’s talent would be wasted in another position, also that curtailing his running up the middle would also waste his talent. He proved this by scoring the occasional try up the middle when he did have a run.

As well how well could Robbie’s body take the heavy hits of being a full on forward?

• Transfering Robbie to be a forward would have been a bad move because he is to light to take the runs that other forwards do.Going from dummy half does a lot less impact to the body and he is still one of the best at it.

• We have a pop gun back row now, putting Farah in there would be madness. Anyway he was not removed from the club on his football ability. We are told his style was holding the development of the 6 and 7 back.So it was nine or nothing and ended up nothing.

Time will tell if it was a good call or a bad call but one thing is for certain we could not go on another season with the club and Farah and visa versa at loggerheads

• @supercoach:

We have a pop gun back row now, putting Farah in there would be madness. Anyway he was not removed from the club on his football ability. We are told his style was holding the development of the 6 and 7 back.So it was nine or nothing and ended up nothing.

Time will tell if it was a good call or a bad call but one thing is for certain we could not go on another season with the club and Farah and visa versa at loggerheads

Agree. His press conference after his first ISP game sealed his fate imo.

• No Col, you are doing way too much thinking.

• Sorry I thought he said he’d been drinking for a long time…

• Farah wasnt moved on because of his football… That was just the ‘story’ we were all fed!

• ForumSupporter

Bears will kill it this Year…

• I reckon he coulda made a good #13 for sure.

• Robbie woulda done a good job of anything reqd…. Just need to ask him

• @innsaneink:

Robbie woulda done a good job of anything reqd…. Just need to ask him

Unfortunatley for Robbie,this is a classic case of " self praise is no recommendation "…he should stick to just playing football,he hasn’t a lot of time left in the NRL arena so he should make the best of his lifeline…

• He no longer plays for us. Move on, just as he did by mutual agreement eventually.

• @Demps:

I reckon he coulda made a good #13 for sure.

Absolutely he could, shame he wasn’t tried as a lock. His personality finally did him in at our club, in all honesty it was a surprise that he seemingly had his way for as many years as he did. Loved what he did for WT on the field but off it he seemed to be the catalyst for bucket loads of drama. We can only be better off as a club without that BS surrounding the squad.

Recent Topics