Tigers $3.5m Roster Plan

• THE Wests Tigers have rolled out $3.5 million reasons to lock down the signatures of captain Aaron Woods, fullback James Tedesco, five-eighth Mitchell Moses and halfback Luke Brooks for 2018.

The catch is — it won’t be all about the money for the four best mates who are Wests Tigers local juniors.

With rival clubs circling since last November, the players are guaranteed to get good money wherever they go.

The biggest telling factor will be Wests Tigers performances over the opening couple of months and who is coaching the club beyond this season.

The Wests Tigers “big four” aren’t the only gun players’ off-contract at the club, with local junior winger David Nofoaluma also a free agent.

Still at Wests Tigers, Jamal Idris looks set to start the season in the centres after dropping 10kgs since joining the club. Idris is currently weighing in at 115kg.

• I so hope that that plan is a mill for Woods, Teddy and Mitch and 500K for Brooks… But I have no doubt that it will be woods and Teddy a mill and 750K a piece for the halves…

I just feel like we should let Brooksy go and be like the Storm and bank all your money in one half then have another half like JLJ, as a cheap but very solid half.

• The problem is that the NRL hasn’t set a salary cap past 2017 even now so actual amounts mean nothing when you don’t know how much you have to spend on how many players. I mean $3.5m is heaps if the cap is still $7m but if its $20m then its not enough

• @Born tiger:

I so hope that that plan is a mill for Woods, Teddy and Mitch and 500K for Brooks… But I have no doubt that it will be woods and Teddy a mill and 750K a piece for the halves…

I just feel like we should let Brooksy go and be like the Storm and bank all your money in one half then have another half like JLJ, as a cheap but very solid half.

Woods a mill

Nah not likely

750-800 max

Tedesco 1 000 000 , Moses 900 k , Woods 800 k , Brooks 500 k and change to pick up someone else

(Not including TPA’s of course )

• Very informative thanks ever so much James hooper

• ForumSupporter

@innsaneink:

Very informative thanks ever so much James hooper

Was going to say who wrote such an insightful article Innk…thanks…

• I think they are worth:
    Tedesco - 1 million a season
    Woods - 750k a season
    Moses - 700k a season
    Brooks - 450k a season

If the NRL allow Harry T to provide TPAs (from a legal standpoint there is no reason why he can’t. Completely BS they are blocking him) the remaining 500k can be covered

• Anyone else think Teddy would attract more than $1 mil? Wouldn’t surprise me. Every team we play try to knock him out.

• @greatodensraven:

Anyone else think Teddy would attract more than $1 mil? Wouldn’t surprise me. Every team we play try to knock him out.

Easily with TPA’s

Moses is the No 3 5/8 in the comp , he is close to a million dollar player as well , probably over with TPA’s as well

• Teddy 1.2 million
    Moses 900k
    Woods 800k
    Brooks 700k

• Banned

If Benji could be on $300K last year than so can be Brooks.

• Wow some breaking info there

So allegedly they’re going to see what results are like before committing?….Umm hello, that’s where they come in. They are what is going to determine the results because they are the clubs 4 biggest players. It’s the club that is depending on them to get results, not the other way around.

• @Born tiger:

I so hope that that plan is a mill for Woods, Teddy and Mitch and 500K for Brooks… But I have no doubt that it will be woods and Teddy a mill and 750K a piece for the halves…

It has to be an option surely. Naturally the club will make it known all 4 are priorities but behind closed doors surely there has to be discussions over which of the 4 is most expendable and is most worth sacrificing should it come to it to save the other 3. Brooks is the obvious candidate. You don’t need 2 gun halves, most clubs get by with one with the other being serviceable. Look at the last couple teams to win the comp. Sharks won last year with Chad Townshead at 7. In 2006 Shane Perry, who couldn’t even crack the miserable Magpies side of 1999 was the Broncos halfback when they won the comp. Because he Darren Lockyer next to him.

If the club sees Moses as the true gun of the two, great. Go all in on him, let him take ownership of the team and throw in a JLJ or another journeyman to wear the no 7. Or no 6 if they decide to push Moses to 7. Bottom line is Brooks has the ability to be a distraction and quite honestly he isn’t worth the risk of losing the other 3.

• Moses had a better second half of the competition last year, but I’d rather see whether he continues that form, at least for the first 7 or 8 games before throwingthat sort of money at him. And unless Brooks stands up and gets a bit of authority into his game , instead of standing back and watching, he’s nowhere near a million dollar player,( no matter what the Cap is.) the ability is there, but he’s letting others dominate him.
    A pity really, as he’s shown when he’s had his best games ( including his debut).

Tedesco is the real deal , great in attack and defence, and it will take more than a million to keep him, but worth it

• Woods,Teddy and Moses would be my first options to fork money out to….If Brooks wants to command big money,then this year he has to have a standout year,he has had plenty of time to understand what’s needed at this level…as many have said before,a lot of very,very good kids dominate NYC,but can’t graduate to the big arena…time will tell…

Recent Topics