Kyle Lovett gone?

• Just read on Twitter that Channel 7 have reported Kyle Lovett has been pushed out due to the club being over the cap for this year.

I didn’t see the news report, has anyone else?

Edit:
    https://twitter.com/7newssydney/status/819815638927482880

• Yes $200,000 over the cap this year Lovett told to leave immediately.
    Maybe Taylor aint so bad after all.

• Kyle was alright, ran his line, played hard and straight when he got the ball and never offloaded. Did the job that was asked of him. Unfairly unpopular I thought when most of his shockers were in the centres.

Wasn’t an essential inclusion for 2017 but we’ll have to dump him at a bargain basement price and probably have to pay him to play elsewhere. Probably on his way to England, no NRL club’s going to splash on a fringe player at this stage.

• If this is true, and he has a contract for this year… Wouldn’t he have grounds to sue the club?

Im guessing the media are putting their own dramatic (ordered to leave immediately) spin on things.

• @marzie:

Just read on Twitter that Channel 7 have reported Kyle Lovett has been pushed out due to the club being over the cap for this year.

I didn’t see the news report, has anyone else?

Edit:
    https://twitter.com/7newssydney/status/819815638927482880

I saw the news report. Short and to the point said that Kyle Lovett has been ordered to immediately leave wests tigers as they are over the cap. Nothing else mentioned at all.

• How on earth are we over the cap?

• Lol you can’t order any player who has a contract to leave. Nice bit of sensationalism there. Would be a shame to lose Lovett, better than most give him credit for. But it’s definitely not the end of the world.

• @Milky:

How on earth are we over the cap?

and did they just work it out?

• Tigertorch now works for seven?

• @Milky:

Cos we’re paying $750,000 dollars for Robbie to play for Souths.

• Lovett did what was expected of him , you could never accuse him of not giving 110% every week

Club obviously thinks it has enough cover in the back row , I’m not so sure

Any chance we might be releasing him for another signing (he asks hopefully )???

• @happy tiger:

Lovett did what was expected of him , you could never accuse him of not giving 110% every week

Any chance we might be releasing him for another signing (he asks hopefully )???

I’d personally be looking to offload Rankin or Kev before Lovett.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@happy tiger:

Lovett did what was expected of him , you could never accuse him of not giving 110% every week

That’s why I asked the last question Gunners , letting someone go where we have a perceived weakness doesn’t make sense in my opinion ….

• @GNR4LIFE:

@happy tiger:

We have depth in the forwards and not in the backs. If you assume we start with:

8. Woods
    10. Sue
    11. Aloiai
    12. Lawrence
    13. ET

14. Ava
    15. Grant

…the last bench spot is then between JJ Felise (talent), MCK (ability to play in the centres), Edwards (defensive impact), Marsters (talent and attacking flair) and Paseka (raw impact), all of whom arguably offer more than Lovett in a bench role playing limited minutes.

• @Milky:

Paying 20% of it to Robbie. Can’t expect to compete when doing that.

Recent Topics