Josh Papali

• http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/raiders/canberra-raiders-star-josh-papalii-charged-with-drink-driving-in-nations-capital/news-story/e9b6f578cacf0320698776a975935e9c

Canberra Raiders star Josh Papalii charged with drink driving in nation’s capital
    Michael Carayannis, The Daily Telegraph
    39 minutes ago

CANBERRA Raiders star Josh Papalii was charged with drink driving in the nation’s capital yesterday.

The Raiders are aware their 24-year-old back-rower was pulled over yesterday. Canberra chief executive Don Furner said he was “disappointed.”

“We are disappointed with his actions,” Furner said. “We will work with the Australian Federal Police.”

REALITY: Tigers recruit at fourth club in four years

REVIVAL: Why Robbie Rochow left the Knights
    Josh Papalii missed Australia’s Four Nations campaign with an ankle injury

The Raiders will investigate before handing down any punishment to Papalii along with the NRL’s integrity unit.

Papalii is in the midst of a recovery program after needing ankle surgery which ruled him out of Australia’s Four-Nations campaign last year.

In 2014 Papalii faced court for allegedly driving on a suspended licence because of an unpaid parking fine, which had seen his licence suspended about seven months earlier. He was fined and banned for driving for one month.
    The Kangaroos and Maroons star has had prior issues with his driving licence

Earlier that year Papalii was involved in a strange road rage incident in which he was forced to apologise to a motorist after throwing a one litre bottle of moisturising cream at him.

The Raiders released a statement this afternoon confirming Papalii’s charge.

Obviously does not fit the raiders culture. They should release him, I know a couple of clubs in need of backrowers.

• @Harvey:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/raiders/canberra-raiders-star-josh-papalii-charged-with-drink-driving-in-nations-capital/news-story/e9b6f578cacf0320698776a975935e9c

Canberra Raiders star Josh Papalii charged with drink driving in nation’s capital
    Michael Carayannis, The Daily Telegraph
    39 minutes ago

CANBERRA Raiders star Josh Papalii was charged with drink driving in the nation’s capital yesterday.

The Raiders are aware their 24-year-old back-rower was pulled over yesterday. Canberra chief executive Don Furner said he was “disappointed.”

“We are disappointed with his actions,” Furner said. “We will work with the Australian Federal Police.”

REALITY: Tigers recruit at fourth club in four years

REVIVAL: Why Robbie Rochow left the Knights
    Josh Papalii missed Australia’s Four Nations campaign with an ankle injury

The Raiders will investigate before handing down any punishment to Papalii along with the NRL’s integrity unit.

Papalii is in the midst of a recovery program after needing ankle surgery which ruled him out of Australia’s Four-Nations campaign last year.

In 2014 Papalii faced court for allegedly driving on a suspended licence because of an unpaid parking fine, which had seen his licence suspended about seven months earlier. He was fined and banned for driving for one month.
    The Kangaroos and Maroons star has had prior issues with his driving licence

Earlier that year Papalii was involved in a strange road rage incident in which he was forced to apologise to a motorist after throwing a one litre bottle of moisturising cream at him.

The Raiders released a statement this afternoon confirming Papalii’s charge.

Obviously does not fit the raiders culture. They should release him, I know a couple of clubs in need of backrowers.

lol maybe that is why lovett is on the outer and its a straight swap.

• At least his skin will be nice n soft……

Why would the Raiders be working with the Federal police in relation to this incident? Weird article.

• @Fade To Black:

At least his skin will be nice n soft……

Why would the Raiders be working with the Federal police in relation to this incident? Weird article.

AFP….haha…suppose Scotland yard and the FBI are also involved!..Telecrap journalism

• ForumSupporter

Will end up at the Broncos on compassionate grounds…

Oh as for the AFP they are the law enforcement officers for the ACT…

• @Geo.:

They’ll be in a bidding war with Easts. Of course both offering the best councilors available.
    Going to Easts might mean doing a stint in Atherton though…

• He will get homesick and we all know what that means

• @Fade To Black:

As Geo said, we police the ACT.

• Yeh But If I Was Done For Dui My Employer Wouldnt Be Working With The Cops

(can Anyone Help Me remove All Caps In Every Word. . . Pressed Something Not Sure What)

• Never mind I think I fixed it

• ^OH GEEZ INK IT MUST BE CONTAGIOUS! Wonder how you managed to do that, you would think every letter would print out in capitals?
    Like you said, strange that the Raiders management would feel the need to liaise in-depth with the police on this issue. Sounds like club spin to minimise damage and make it seem like they really give a rat’s.

• @Sabre:

@Geo.:

……or Thailand.

• @tigerap:

@Fade To Black:

AFP….haha…suppose Scotland yard and the FBI are also involved!..Telecrap journalism

All police in the ACT are Federal police, im not to sure but I think the reason is Canberra doesn’t have its on state government budget and all government services are therefore billed to the federal budget.

Anyway whatever the reason I can tell you that the bloke writing your parking ticket or any other duties in the ACT will be the AFP.

• Who cares. If I got done DUI it wouldn’t be in the media. Once upon a time I would have been up in arms about this but at the end of the day these blokes are human and are prone to making the same mistakes as the rest of us. I was booked speeding last year, where’s my newspaper story?

• @Sabre:

@Geo.:

They’ll be in a bidding war with Easts. Of course both offering the best councilors available.

Beautiful country town Sabre , if you ever go up to Cairns its worth the visit

Recent Topics