Unfiltered: Chris Lawrence

• A good listen. Seems to give a good honest opinion of where the boys were at compared to the top 4 by the end of '16 & what this has done for the pre-season training.

In particular have a listen around the 45 second mark. In my opinion (for what it’s worth), these are the traits of a club legend. All the best this year Rowdy:

Unfiltered: Chris Lawrence http://yi.nzc.am/bwyBFV

• What a legend. If everyone in the team had Chris’s attitude, we would be in top 4 year after year.

I’m very happy with ballin, woods and Lawrence leading and setting the culture around the club.

• Hopefully he is up for a big year this year. He’ll be better for the run he had in the second row last year.

Well spoken and honest, not to mention renegotiating his contract to stay with the club and help them out with the salary cap mess. The mark of a true club legend. No one at the club is more deserving of a premiership win than he, hopefully he will get to experience that before he retires.

• Rowdy has always been a very good clubman,if he didn’t get that horrific injury to his hip,he would of been one of the great centres to have played the game…it is a testament to his courage and internal fortitude that he has overcame that injury and applied himself to keep participating in the game he loves…he is also a man of honour and loyalty as he has proven with helping the club with the cap issues. .on Ballin,although he is fantastic off the field,don’t be surprised if he has a great year on the field,he is a champion and if his injuries don’t arise he will give 200% when out there…

• ForumSupporter

To think he has come from that shy kid we remember getting a double on debut against the Broncos…another memory was of him catching a bomb a a few metres out from the line against Penrith and going the length of the field to score giving Joe Williams a facepalm in the process…who could forget burning Slater down the sideline at Leichhardt or the combination he formed with Tuiaki in 09 giving us a lethal left edge…

Was there that fateful night when he suffered that debilitating hip injury at Cambo in 2011 against the Raiders which was so surreal it was like time stood still… the fact it took 5 people to get the hip back in place and not for some hours later is almost unimaginable…he then fought back courageously to represent Australia …

His first full season as a forward last year was a success IMO although it took it’s toll towards the back end of the Year he was still there to take the dirty hit ups and run the crash test dummy lines in attack…Hopefully the experience gained holds him in good stead for the coming season as we need stability in that position…

You’ve come a long way Rowdy …a true asset to our Club…

• Only half a dozen games off 200. Good chance he finishes his career with the highest number of games for the club. There’s no one more deserving of that honour than Rowdy.

• I remember going to Gosford to see a game against the Storm and Benji went down. This kid call Chris Lawrence came on and smashed them with pure pace. Good memories.

• I get Invalid Content Specified trying to watch the video.

• ForumSupporter

@upthetigers:

I get Invalid Content Specified trying to watch the video.

Try this link…
    http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/01/16/unfiltered_chris_law.html

• Great young man, asset to the club. I hope he is a part of the club long term.

In the interview he talks about Teddy passing his try scoring record - i hope that is because he has some inside knowledge that Teddy is going to stick around.

• I love Rowdy the man ,his attitude and wish the rest of the squad shows his commitment and loyalty but unfortunately he isn’t the answer in the back row

At best he is a bench utility

• @happy tiger:

I love Rowdy the man ,his attitude and wish the rest of the squad shows his commitment and loyalty but unfortunately he isn’t the answer in the back row

I think loyality at the level he has shown, attitude, courage and giving 100% every game earns him his spot alone… And he is a decent player on top of that.

I’m happy him lining up in the run on side

• Banned

Let’s not forget before his hip injury he was probably our most valued player and one of the best centres running around

Always loved him around the team, great clubman and great asset. Deserves to be captain but I guess woods being the bigger icon gets the nod

• @happy tiger:

I love Rowdy the man ,his attitude and wish the rest of the squad shows his commitment and loyalty but unfortunately he isn’t the answer in the back row

There’s still plenty of scope for improvement in him in the position and it’s not like we’ve recruited any better options so we might as well persist with him as a starting, long minute second rower and reevaluate at the end of the season.

• @happy tiger:

Sad but true.Injury stopped him from reaching the heights he should have made.

Recent Topics