WT 2017 leadership team

• Wests Tigers have today confirmed a new-look leadership group for the 2017 NRL season.

The club is pleased to announce a seven-man leadership team which includes Aaron Woods, Chris Lawrence, Matt Ballin, Tim Grant, Mitchell Moses, Elijah Taylor and James Tedesco.

Woods will continue as captain of Wests Tigers after impressing during first season in charge, with Lawrence joined by Ballin as the team’s two vice-captains following the retirement of Dene Halatau at the end of 2016.

Grant, Moses and Taylor are the new additions to the group for the 2017 season.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said the group includes a good mix of players who have been identified as having strong leadership qualities.

“I would like to congratulate the seven players who have been chosen to form the club’s leadership group,” he said. "Aaron did a great job leading the team in 2016 and he is joined by a well-balanced group of players who will continue to emphasise the importance of building a positive culture at Wests Tigers.

"I’m confident that this group can drive the club’s core values of team, internally and externally.

“The leadership team includes a good mix of experience and youth; it’s also an exciting group of players who I’m looking forward to working with closely over the course of the season.”

Read more at weststigers.com.au

http://www.nrl.com/wests-tigers-announce-2017-leadership-group/tabid/10874/newsid/103330/default.aspx

Its clear that Brooks is ranked #4 of the big 4!.

Needs to pull his socks up in 2017 IMO…Teddy and Moses have kicked lengths clear of him now

• Only one of those going to NZ

• A lot of leaders

• ForumSupporter

Good Group …

It’s clear that Matt Ballin will play 27 80min games this season after being named Vice Captain…

• Another indication that Brooks isn’t valued as highly as the other three. I’m starting to think they’re willing to sacrifice him to save the other three.

• @Telltails:

A lot of leaders

It is. There’s some fine leaders there.
    And it’s clear we can’t use the ‘inexperienced’ excuse any more.

• @Geo.:

Good Group …

It’s clear that Matt Ballin will play 27 80min games this season after being named Vice Captain…

My sarcasm meter just died(R.I.P).Does the club merchandise them they would be a best seller.

• Only surprise there is Sue being dropped after he was in last year’s team.

• @Masterton:

Only surprise there is Sue being dropped after he was in last year’s team.

yeh…was thinking about that myself

im not so sure this is anything real important tbh…more PR than anything

• You would be pretty disappointed if you were in the starting 13 but not the leadership group…. seem just about everyone gets a go.

• Interesting about Sue - hopefully the coaching staff have told him that he can show his leadership with consistent performances each week.

• @Geo.:

Good Group …

Was thinking the same thing, not about Ballin mind you, we’ll be seeing plenty of Liddle in FG this year 😎

• Moses is defo the future captain.

• @Demps:

Moses is defo the future captain.

I’d put money on the club including this carrot in his retention negs… He’s a natural

• Some players prefer to do their talking on the field , unless Sausao has said he is leaving there could be a number of reasons he mightn’t be in the leadership group

Recent Topics