Proud

Geez I was proud of the way the boys defended and put in tonight. Sure we lost and the grub got 2 tries off kicks. But the boys really put in and if we can keep defending like that, then we’ll be top 4 for sure.

Hopefully the boys can keep their chins up, even though as a fan I’m disappointed, I’ll be keeping mine up!

:sign:

It’s hard not to be proud of the boys effort tonight. Brilliant defense on the back of 2 tough away trips. We are in for a good year. Bring on the Panthers!

They did really put in.

Gibbs for mine has improved so much - he just plays with a lot of passion. Fulton wasn’t far behind him either.

that defensive effort in the first half was quite brilliant, not doubt about it. im extremely proud of how they defended. without a couple of quick tries in the second half there was always going to be little left in the tank in the second half. still after the 2 road trips that we’ve had and a dogs side desperate to win it was going to be tough ask tonight without KG and TP.

It was impressive, and very unfair they scored those last two tries.

12-4 would have been a much fairer scoreline.

We busted our rings out there tonight, but when you complete 59% of your sets (our attack was woeful), make 50+ more tackles than the opposition (again) and have a majority of 50/50 calls going against you (refs, especially in the first half, were very ordinary), late tries are bound to happen.

@tiger05:

They did really put in.

Gibbs for mine has improved so much - he just plays with a lot of passion. Fulton wasn’t far behind him either.

they both are going well. :wahoo:
it could be plain and simple they just happy playing in same team together, or they are being looked at as senior members of the team, and setting good example for younger blokes in top 25.
😃

first half was great… 2nd half was terrible Farah kicks a 40/20 and there was no emotion at all I dont know if we were tired or what it was

first half was great… 2nd half was terrible Farah kicks a 40/20 and there was no emotion at all I dont know if we were tired or what it was

it was tiredness obviously. are people forgetting the last 2 rounds where we’d travelled and won?
also the refs were crap as usual tonight, few costly calls that didnt go our way. is there one ref out there that is more favourbale to our win %? i think they all hate us.

i watch most games on fox and the refereeing is abysmal……the boys in pink are having an influence on the game…you just scratch your head and ponder , what was that penalty for ? or why isnt thata penalty … they lack consistancy and just seem to even up the ledger later on in the game

traveled?? that sounds like a Tim Sheens line just like Mondays is a short week, I guess we played Saturday so playing Friday was a short week too right? if we make the 8 where gotta win in 3 different places in 3 weeks if its out of the top 4

Tonight was a loss that i think will do us good.

Plenty of positives to take out of it.

Tiredness in attack and a bit of inexperience from the young guys. Twice we were pushing crazy passes trying to score early in the tackle count, instead of taking the tackle and setting up the play again. Also, the missed kick at 12-4 put massive pressure on to have to score twice, which induced a bit of panic and took a bit of wind out of the sails.

I cannot recall a set in the entire game where we even found the in goal with a kick. Yes, the refs didn’t help because they were allowing a slow ruck, but we need to work out how to get down the field and apply some more pressure in attack and not rely on 50m + tries.

That said, I think it was a GREAT effort. If we can defend like that and get our fair share of territory and possession, not many teams will beat us.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme