Marsters, paseka, suli

• The club reportedly fended off lots of interest in the likes of marsters and suli but Will these guys end up playing first grade this year?

In my humble opinion:

• marsters has to be on the bench in round 1

• paseka needs to eventually find his way into the 17, but as whose expense? Perhaps t grant

• suli need to be in the backline, or even at centre round 1 assuming simona is moved on.

Appear to be bright young prospects for the tigers and clearly we’ve invested heavily in them. But have they chosen to stick by the club with the reassurance from coaching staff that they’re on track to debut in 2017?

realistically what are their chances of pulling off an ‘aloiai’ and being named in round 1? Anyone got any intel?

• I don’t think any of them are in the 25 man squad so I doubt we see much of them this yr. Definitely won’t see them round 1.

• You’d think with the money Suli is now on we’ll see him in First Grade at some stage this year.

• @Sabre:

You’d think with the money Suli is now on we’ll see him in First Grade at some stage this year.

I would think Marsters might be in the top 25 as well having signed up for a further 2 years. Would have needed reasonable coin to keep him.

• @Martymcfly:

The club reportedly fended off lots of interest in the likes of marsters and suli but Will these guys end up playing first grade this year?

In my humble opinion:

• paseka needs to eventually find his way into the 17, but as whose expense? Perhaps t grant

• suli need to be in the backline, or even at centre round 1 assuming simona is moved on.

Appear to be bright young prospects for the tigers and clearly we’ve invested heavily in them. But have they chosen to stick by the club with the reassurance from coaching staff that they’re on track to debut in 2017?

realistically what are their chances of pulling off an ‘aloiai’ and being named in round 1? Anyone got any intel?

Bayley Sironen is the flying under the radar in terms of NRL selection. We need a second row forward with his style of play.

• Banned

@Pawsandclaws:

@Martymcfly:

The club reportedly fended off lots of interest in the likes of marsters and suli but Will these guys end up playing first grade this year?

In my humble opinion:

Bayley Sironen is the flying under the radar in terms of NRL selection. We need a second row forward with his style of play.

Looking at Bailey physically i think he’s a couple years off. He’s only 95kg and has fair bit of puppy fat.

• Whether any of these guys debut in FG will come down to injuries etc. Marsters could be a chance if he plays well in State Cup and an injury hits Rowdy or Josh. Likewise Paseka. Both players are big enough to handle it and size isn’t a problem for Suli either, but the weekly grind of FG probably would be. Let’s see how some of them go in the 9’s and trials.

• @king sirro:

@Pawsandclaws:

@Martymcfly:

In my humble opinion:

Looking at Bailey physically i think he’s a couple years off. He’s only 95kg and has fair bit of puppy fat.

Hes the same size as rowdy, dunno about a couple years off….maybe one…hes pretty solid now

• Banned

@innsaneink:

@king sirro:

@Pawsandclaws:

@Martymcfly:

In my humble opinion:

Hes the same size as rowdy, dunno about a couple years off….maybe one…hes pretty solid now

Rowdy is seasoned and hardened though. Standing next to Bayley its really is hard to imagine him being an NRL backrower at the moment. It may only take another 12 months though like u say. I hope so because i really like what i see in him.

• Yeh thats just jnr development…physical along with mental and football…time

I was surprised at his size though next to CL, thats why I took the pic

• Marsters, paseka, suli,
    Liddle could be added to that list of young guns signed up for a few years.
    Don’t know wether it’s by “design or luck” that we have these good RL prospects that happen to play in positions that we are currently weak in.
    TE MAIRE MARTIN is one that was understandably let go because Moses was in front of him.
    Maybe it became an easier choice to sign Suli and Marsters because of the positions they play in, as well as their talents.

• Paseka will get a run during SOO you’d think off the bench

Injuries could quite easily change everything though

• ForumSupporter

@happy tiger:

Paseka will get a run during SOO you’d think off the bench

We play 1 game against Cronulla during Origin and have BYE’s in the other 2…

Marsters is the guy most likely to see FG sooner than later of the 3…IMO…

• @Geo.:

@happy tiger:

Paseka will get a run during SOO you’d think off the bench

We play 1 game against Cronulla during Origin and have BYE’s in the other 2…

Marsters is the guy most likely to see FG sooner than later of the 3…IMO…

Yeah possibly , might depend a bit on how we play certain players and how many minutes they play

• I’d say Marsters would be last of those 3 to see first grade. I believe the others have a better attitude and higher work rates in training and on the field. Coaches always like to reward the kid who’s a sponge at training and busting a gut on the field. I see that moreso in Paseka and Suli but there’s no reason Marsters couldn’t mature given his new contract too.

I think all 3 will see a bit of FG this season. Suli would have been upgraded to maybe 100k this season so he’d likley be 2nd tier, as are the other two i’d imagine. Didn’t stop Aloiai or JAC last year though.

Recent Topics