Your Top 25 for 2017

• In the past couple of seasons we have had all sorts of troubles debuting a player who was not in our original Top 25.
    I’m pretty sure we had to plead with the NRL last year to debut Liddle. And when injuries strike people are often asking “why can’t playerX play?” and the answer is often “because he wasn’t in our Top25”. Tiger Touch highlighted this point a couple of times. So it must have caused problems for the club.

With that in mind. I think you need to include a mix of youth and experience with those that are out of the 17 but in the Top25.

Here’s my Top 25. I’ve tried cover all positions ( eg Prop, Backrow, Halves, Outside backs) in my 18-25.

1. Tedesco
    2. Nofoaluma
    3. Simona
    4. Idris
    5. Naqaima
    6. Moses
    7. Brooks
    8. Woods ©
    9. Ballin
    10. Ava
    11. Taylor
    12. Lawerence
    13. Sue

14. Grant
    15. Ailoai
    16. Felise
    17. Liddle

18. Chee-Kam
    19. Joel Edwards
    20. Watson Heleta
    21. Matt McIlwrick
    22. Moses Suli
    23. Esan Marsters
    24. Taniela Paseka
    25. Jack Littlejohn

geez that’s hard. had to leave out Rod Griffin, Wesley Lolo, B Siro, Lovett, Jordan Rankin, Justin Hunt.
    would have liked to include Rankin but i’d prefer Heleta & Suli in the outside backs. Also would have liked Griffen, but once again went for youth in Paseka.

• I thought that dollars decided the positions, regardless of preference.

• Banned

Just goes to show that 25 players isnt much at all when u break it down.

• @formerguest:

I thought that dollars decided the positions, regardless of preference.

yes, that’s my understanding as well. which makes it harder for the club as well in choosing the Top25 paid players.

• @Tigerdon:

In the past couple of seasons we have had all sorts of troubles debuting a player who was not in our original Top 25.
    I’m pretty sure we had to plead with the NRL last year to debut Liddle. And when injuries strike people are often asking “why can’t playerX play?” and the answer is often “because he wasn’t in our Top25”. Tiger Touch highlighted this point a couple of times. So it must have caused problems for the club.

With that in mind. I think you need to include a mix of youth and experience with those that are out of the 17 but in the Top25.

Here’s my Top 25. I’ve tried cover all positions ( eg Prop, Backrow, Halves, Outside backs) in my 18-25.

1. Tedesco
    2. Nofoaluma
    3. Simona
    4. Idris
    5. Naqaima
    6. Moses
    7. Brooks
    8. Woods ©
    9. Ballin
    10. Ava
    11. Taylor
    12. Lawerence
    13. Sue

14. Grant
    15. Ailoai
    16. Felise
    17. Liddle

18. Chee-Kam
    19. Joel Edwards
    20. Watson Heleta
    21. Matt McIlwrick
    22. Moses Suli
    23. Esan Marsters
    24. Taniela Paseka
    25. Jack Littlejohn

geez that’s hard. had to leave out Rod Griffin, Wesley Lolo, B Siro, Lovett, Jordan Rankin, Justin Hunt.
    would have liked to include Rankin but i’d prefer Heleta & Suli in the outside backs. Also would have liked Griffen, but once again went for youth in Paseka.

Nice work, I agree with your 25 but I wouldn’t mind Justin Hunt in the top 25. It is hard to fit all the youth within our club.

I love how much talent we have at the club :sign:

• Top 25 isn’t a matter of preference, it’s the top 25 money earners.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Top 25 isn’t a matter of preference, it’s the top 25 money earners.

correct. which is why i’d pay say Heleta more than Hunt.

• I think the problem occurs when a player shifts into the top 25 based on match payments or upgrades, putting us over the cap. The top 25 is what the cap is based on.

You can get exceptions based on injury or unavailability (origin). Which is what liddle was last year.

So you can use players from state cup or NYC, as long as it doesn’t have a flow on effect to the top 25

I could be wrong though.

• I believe hammertime is correct

Either way it’s a rubbish system - the squad size is too small & the cap regulations are counter-intuitive.

From the OP list, Rankin and Lovett* are almost certainly in that top bracket, hard to say with some of the other guys.

• question marks over Lovett’s future, obviously.

• ForumSupporter

Here is the Top 25 listed in the NRL Official Guide to the 2017 season…

Wests Tigers 2017 Top 25 Man Squad – Josh Aloiai, Matt Ballin, Luke Brooks, Michael Chee Kam, Joel Edwards, Jacob Junior Felise, Tim Grant, Watson Heleta, Justin Hunt, Jamal Idris, Chris Lawrence, Jacob Liddle, Jack Littlejohn, Kyle Lovett, Mitchell Moses, Kevin Naiqama, David Nofoaluma, Jordan Rankin, Ava Seumanufagai, Tim Simona, Bayley Sironen, Sauaso Sue, Elijah Taylor, James Tedesco, Aaron Woods ©

As list in 2017 NRL Official Handbook

• ^^^ Well if that’s our squad for this year, given concerns around fitness, injury recovery, inexperience etc, I’d go with the following for round 1:

1. James Tedesco
    2. David Nofoaluma
    3. Michael Chee Kam
    4. Tim Simona
    5. Kevin Naiqama
    6. Mitchell Moses
    7. Luke Brooks
    8. Aaron Woods ©
    9. Jack Littlejohn
    10. Ava Seumanufagai
    11. Chris Lawrence
    12. Sauaso Sue
    13. Elijah Taylor
    14. Josh Aloiai
    15. Tim Grant
    16. Jacob Liddle
    17. JJ Felise

18. Jamal Idris
    19. Matt Ballin
    20. Joel Edwards
    21. Watson Heleta
    22. Justin Hunt
    23. Kyle Lovett/Moses Suli
    24. Jordan Rankin
    25. Bayley Sironen

• @greatodensraven:

^^^ Well if that’s our squad for this year, given concerns around fitness, injury recovery, inexperience etc, I’d go with the following for round 1:

1. James Tedesco
    2. David Nofoaluma
    3. Michael Chee Kam
    4. Tim Simona
    5. Kevin Naiqama
    6. Mitchell Moses
    7. Luke Brooks
    8. Aaron Woods ©
    9. Jack Littlejohn
    10. Ava Seumanufagai
    11. Chris Lawrence
    12. Sauaso Sue
    13. Elijah Taylor
    14. Josh Aloiai
    15. Tim Grant
    16. Jacob Liddle
    17. JJ Felise

18. Jamal Idris
    19. Matt Ballin
    20. Joel Edwards
    21. Watson Heleta
    22. Justin Hunt
    23. Kyle Lovett/Moses Suli
    24. Jordan Rankin
    25. Bayley Sironen

If Liddle is fit I would start him at hooker, swap JLJ for Heleta, play Heleta in the starting 13 in place of MCK and put MCK on the bench

1. James Tedesco
    2. David Nofoaluma
    3. Kevin Naiqama
    4. Watson Heleta
    5. Tim Simona
    6. Mitchell Moses
    7. Luke Brooks
    8. Aaron Woods ©
    9. Jacob Liddle
    10. Ava Seumanufagai
    11. Chris Lawrence
    12. Sauaso Sue
    13. Elijah Taylor

14. Josh Aloiai
    15. Tim Grant
    16. Micael Chee-Kam
    17. JJ Felise

• @Geo.:

Wests Tigers 2017 Top 25 Man Squad – Josh Aloiai, Matt Ballin, Luke Brooks, Michael Chee Kam, Joel Edwards, Jacob Junior Felise, Tim Grant, Watson Heleta, Justin Hunt, Jamal Idris, Chris Lawrence, Jacob Liddle, Jack Littlejohn, Kyle Lovett, Mitchell Moses, Kevin Naiqama, David Nofoaluma, Jordan Rankin, Ava Seumanufagai, Tim Simona, Bayley Sironen, Sauaso Sue, Elijah Taylor, James Tedesco, Aaron Woods ©

So with all that cash we are paying Suli and he’s not in the Top25?

• @Tigerdon:

@Geo.:

New deal is from next season perhaps?

• @innsaneink:

@Tigerdon:

@Geo.:

New deal is from next season perhaps?

Someone confirmed that it includes this season, can’t remember where.
    I suspect the guide was printed before the deal was confirmed, though no idea if it’s supposed to be gospel on this stuff anyway.

Recent Topics