Halves Pairing Ranking in 2017??

• Hi all,

Who do you think are the Top 8 halves pairings in the games from 8 to 1 in terms of who you’d have for 2017 if possible??

You would have to consider the Cowboys, Sharks and Storm pairing. What about the new look Roosters, Warriors pairing. What about the exciting young combination in Canberra, Penrith and the Titans

How about our young pairing, where do they fit in? Do they make the Top 8?

Which teams has the worst.

Listen to my podcast where I rank the teams halves combination from 16 to 1 and see if agree with me……

http://www.eye-of-the-tiger.org/everything/2017/1/31/who-is-the-best-halves-combination-in-the-nrl-in-2017-i-rank-the-pairings-from-16th-to-1st

• I haven’t listened to it yet Eddie but this is how I’d roughly rank them (without giving it much thought):

1. JT/Morgan
    2. Johnson/Foran
    3. Cronk/Munster
    4. Maloney/Townsend
    5. Milford/Hunt
    6. Brooks/Moses
    7. Pearce/Keary
    8. DCE/Green
    9. Norman/Gutherson
    10. A Reynolds/C Walker
    11. Cleary/TMM
    12. Elgey/Taylor
    13. Austin/Sezer
    14. J. Reynolds/Mbye
    15. Widdop/Mann
    16. Hodkinson/Lamb? Cogger?

• Another cracking Podcast Eddie. Loved the Halves Rankings Podcast. Lots of attention to detail and better knowledge than me about halves. The Sharks halves did a great job in 2016 but I think they’ll dip in 2017. You ranked the NZ halves very high, they could kill it this year but then again they are NZ.
    I probably would have put the Raiders lower than where you had them and kind of agree with where you had the westsTigers halves.

• @Nelson:

I haven’t listened to it yet Eddie but this is how I’d roughly rank them (without giving it much thought):

1. JT/Morgan
    2. Johnson/Foran
    3. Cronk/Munster
    4. Maloney/Townsend
    5. Milford/Hunt
    6. Brooks/Moses
    7. Pearce/Keary
    8. DCE/Green
    9. Norman/Gutherson
    10. A Reynolds/C Walker
    11. Cleary/TMM
    12. Elgey/Taylor
    13. Austin/Sezer
    14. J. Reynolds/Mbye
    15. Widdop/Mann
    16. Hodkinson/Lamb? Cogger?

I have listened to it and you’re quite close to Eddies

• Enjoying the podcasts Eddie good stuff!

Recent Topics