CEO Update 2017....

• ForumSupporter

Happy New Year and welcome to the first Wests Tigers CEO Update for 2017.

I’m sure you’re all as excited as we are at Wests Tigers to have football back this weekend! The Auckland Nines provide us a great opportunity to showcase our young talent of the future and provide them with a chance to experience playing in front of a big crowd at a major event.

I’d like to wish our team the best of luck for the coming two days of football, I’m sure you’ll do yourselves, our Club and our Members proud. I’d also like to congratulate Elijah Taylor on being named Captain of our side and Sauaso Sue on being named Vice-Captain. This is a great reward for two outstanding young men who continue to embody our Club values in everything they do.

One of those young men heading to Auckland with us is Moses Suli. We were thrilled to announce on Sunday that Moses will be staying with Wests Tigers until at least the end of 2020 in a new 4-year deal. He’s an exciting young player who has committed himself to this Club and we look forward to seeing him develop in the years to come. Moses was heavily pursued by rival clubs so it was pleasing to have him chose to remain here and add to the exciting future that lies ahead.

You would have noticed a new partner on the back of our Auckland Nines jersey and also present at the Members and Fan Day, I’d like to take this chance to welcome playon products on board with the Club. playon products will be our upper back sponsor for the Auckland Nines jersey and we thank them for their support of Wests Tigers and look forward to building a long-term relationship with their team.

Thanks to all of you who joined us for our recent Member and Fan Day at ANZ Stadium. I hope that all of you who attended enjoyed yourselves, got the opportunity to spend time with our players and gain an insight into the year ahead. As always we appreciate any feedback that you may have on our events and I encourage you to contact our Membership Department if you have anything you’d like to share.

I’m pleased to announce that we now have more than 11,000 committed Wests Tigers Members for 2017. We’re well above where we were at this time last year and are on track for another record breaking year. I encourage you all to spread the word to any family and friends that may be holding off renewing their Membership, or haven’t thought of it before, to get involved and be a part of this great Club.

In the coming weeks we are making a change to our retail presence in the South-West of Sydney with the closing down of our Macarthur Square store. The closing down of this store is another step forward in creating business efficiency and high standards of operation across the whole organisation. I’d like to thank those of you who have visited the store over the years for your ongoing support. We’re pleased to announce that we’re moving into a new store, as a part of League Zone Sports at Gregory Hills. The response to our 2017 merchandise range has been great so far and we look forward to this continuing at our new premises.

With the 2017 season just around the corner our next major off-field event is our season launch. This year we’re holding it at the Museum of Contemporary Art on Sunday 19 February. This is a great opportunity to celebrate the coming year alongside fellow Members, our Corporate Partners, staff, coaches and of course the playing group. I look forward to seeing many of you there for what should be a great evening.

Following this weekend’s Auckland Nines we return home before making the trip to Wollongong next Saturday to take on the Dragons at WIN Stadium. This game provides a chance for our players to get back onto the field and off the training paddock after a long pre-season. It gives our coaching staff the opportunity to put into action the structures and game plans that they’ve been working on and I for one am looking forward to seeing the boys take to the field.

The following Friday night we have our final hit out at Campbelltown Sports Stadium against the Cowboys. This will provide the chance to see how we measure up against one of the leading sides in the NRL and welcome some of the superstars of the game to Campbelltown. As always this game is free for our Members and I encourage you to get out and enjoy a night at the football. For those of you who aren’t able to make it I pleased to announce that once again we’ll be live streaming the game through our website. This marks the third straight year that we’ve done so and the response each time has been great from our Members and fans. Triple M commentator Anthony Maroon will be joining us once again for what will surely be a light-hearted call of the game.

The live stream of our final trial match is another example of the way that we’re looking to bring you closer to the team than ever before through our digital channels. If you haven’t had a chance yet make sure that you check out the Unfiltered series currently running on the website. This series is designed to show you more than the usual interview and we hope that it gives you an insight into our players’ personalities and their preparations for the coming season.

Before we know it it’s going to be Friday 3 March and we’ll be running out onto the field at ANZ Stadium for Round 1. Rest assured that no stone has been left unturned during the pre-season and every player in our squad is ready to take to the field and take on the best teams in the NRL. It’s great to see that the broadcasters are also excited about our side with our free-to-air game coverage very impressive. This commitment from the broadcasters towards our team shows that they think we have a product that will draw viewers to the screen, and we look forward to exciting you all. Always remember that the experience you get attending live sport is always going to be far greater than that you get while watching it on the TV so please turn up and support our team and let’s continue to build on the significant increase in crowd numbers that we saw last year at our games.

This week we’ve been proud to representing the NRL in the Armidale region as a part of the 2017 Community Carnival. I’d like to thank Matt Ballin, David Nofoaluma, Ryland Jacobs and Taniela Paseka for taking the time to travel to the region to spread the NRL Respect message with thousands of children, your presence means a lot to these children and is something that will stay with them long after you’ve left. In the coming weeks we’ll be out and about in our own local community, spending time with schools students in the Inner-West and South-West of Sydney. Myself and Shaun Spence (Community and Fan Engagement Manager) spent some time last week in Goulburn Jail, working towards developing a program aimed at both the guards and inmates with a focus on wellbeing and I will keep you updated on that imitative as it evolves.

On Sunday 12 February we’re launching an exciting initiative with the first ever playon products Wests Tigers Kids Triathlon at Leichhardt Oval. This event provides a great opportunities for boys and girls aged 5 to 15 to get out, get active and have fun. I encourage you to check out the details on our website and join us for what will be a great day.

As you would have seen Kyle Lovett was recently charged by the police for possession of an illegal substance. Once again I’d like to reiterate that the Club is working with the NRL Integrity Unit on the issue and working through the correct processes and won’t be commenting further until a resolution has been determined.

Thank you once again for your ongoing support of Wests Tigers, I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible a games and events throughout the coming year.

Justin Pascoe, Wests Tigers CEO

Source : Members email…

• Interesting comment on Lovett, we are working with the NRL on the issue - not we are working with Kyle on the issue….

• @Mighty Tiger:

Interesting comment on Lovett, we are working with the NRL on the issue - not we are working with Kyle on the issue….

Not unless they are his supplier!

• Good update and great to see the membership base grow….lets hope we see some great football played by our boys and end up in the finals…on Lovett I think Pascoe is playing the be careful card untill more comes out from the integrity unit…

Recent Topics