Green V Mundine 2

• Can’t believe there’s not a thread for this already.

Straight DQ in the first round against Mundine, but excluding that he won the fight in a tight decision (Green dominated first two, won the following three, Mundine won 6/7 and dominated the last three.)

I can’t stand Mundine’s attitude and he should have been DQ’d but if he weren’t disqualified he was clearly the winner of that fight.

Much ta to the heroes of Facebook who decided to share the love.

Thoughts?

• Banned

I thought if the fight had gone a few more rounds than Mundine would have knocked Green out. The way that Green was wrestling all night I would not have minded a few more illegal hits by Choc.

• Agree and agree.

Not much of a fight…. 98-90?
    Yeh right

Green campaigns against coward punches and becomes the victim of one

• Maybe it’s the wrestling fan in me, but I enjoy Mundine playing the bad guy and people hating him so much. It’s showmanship. As for the fight, lol. Mundine won it comfortably.

• I was going to go with few blokes I know and watch it at a local watering hole , did I miss anything ??

Was it a bludger of a fight or a true war ……

• Banned

Ruddy Green ruined it because kept charging in as if a front row forward with all arms constantly getting tired up and wasting time and style. That was when Mundine gave him a knock-out punch when the ref was separating them - best part of the fight in my opinion. After that and other head punches by Mundine I think Greens has a glass nut. Was worth going for that punch alone. The fight was temporarily stopped whilst the doctor checked Green. Green through pure power and aggression probably won most of early and middle rounds but by round 7 he had it and Mundine was beginning to pick him off with head punches and even had him against the ropes a few times. Beginning of round 10 final round they hugged in appreciation of each other they another solid round. Would have loved for it to go 12 rounds with a title on the line. Green’s body looked massively stronger and heavier than Choc’s. In the final rounds Mundine proved that he is the sharper, quicker and better boxer. Was definitely worth going- the Byron club was completely packed out like was for their first fight. The Club stopped screening boxing after their first fight due to the multi-coloured audience almost coming to blows on racial lines. With more than a few drinks under their belts both sides both sides needed little provocation. Remind me of the Philippines where the audience takes guns with real bullets and shoot the bad guy on the screen.

• BBF - you thought the coward cheap shot was the best part of the fight? That’s a pretty embarrassing statement TBH, doesn’t really say much about you as a man.
    Didn’t bother watching the fight, was reluctant to shell out any of my hard-earned to line the pockets of these 2 has beens. From the highlights I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a bit of a fix, for such a supposedly close fight that most people believe Mundine won- when the final score was read out and Green was announced winner Mundine just smiled- very odd IMO. I suppose 5 million bucks eases the mind anyhow.
    Quade Cooper is the real deal, can’t wait for his next stoush on his way to a world title. Who will his opponent be? Early candidates are Kyle Sandilands, Bob Hawke or the yellow Wiggle……all worthy opponents.

• A decent fight ruined by delusional judges. Boxing makes the NRL look like geniuses.

• The betting agencies would of cleaned up last night. Not many people would have picked Green to win by decision, a KO would of been the majority prediction. With betting agencies having such a massive input into sporting events these days, it really does make you wonder how many events are on the nose credibility-wise. Especially in an already shonky sport like boxing. How the hell did that 3rd judge’s scorecard differ so greatly from the other two? Suss.

• Banned

Terrible undercard and garbage main event.
    Boxing these days really upsets me.

• It has been a long time since professional boxing was genuine.Last night just reinforces that.

• Can’t believe people would even be bothered watching these 2 pensioners.

Mundine is a smart operator cause he runs his mouth which draws people to pubs and it sells pay TV.
    Really this should be a Charity fight cause these pensioner’s aren’t worth the Millions they got for last night.
    But if your Mundine and can anger Australian’s by saying your sitting down during the Anthem well there’s more people that are going to rock up to Pubs.
    He copied what the 49’s quarterback did.

• I liked the moloney twins, thought they both went well…. Also Broadhurst looks promising

• Banned

@foreveratiger:

Can’t believe people would even be bothered watching these 2 pensioners.

Mundine is a smart operator cause he runs his mouth which draws people to pubs and it sells pay TV.
    Really this should be a Charity fight cause these pensioner’s aren’t worth the Millions they got for last night.
    But if your Mundine and can anger Australian’s by saying your sitting down during the Anthem well there’s more people that are going to rock up to Pubs.
    He copied what the 49’s quarterback did.

41 and 43 arent pensioners.

• @stryker:

Terrible undercard and garbage main event.
    Boxing these days really upsets me.

A great sport ruined by greedy bastards.

Recent Topics