Ben Te'o, a study in loyalty!

• About an hour or so ago, Ben Te’o, one time Wests Tiger, scored the winning try for ENGLAND against France in the opening round of the annual Rugby Six Nations series in the northern hemisphere. The six nations involved are England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Italy and France, and its a great series.

Ben was born in Auckland NZ. My recollection, with some help from Wikipedia, is that Ben played for Samoa early in his career, was selected in a squad for NZ but never played. He did play in 3 or 4 State of Origin series for Queensland, thus pledging allegiance to Australia in international Rugby League. I don’t think that he actually ever played for Australia. Anyone know?

A couple of years ago he went to England to play Rugby and now plays for the Worcester Warriors, and for England. His heart clearly belongs to whoever has the best offer for him at the time.

BTW, his try was classic Te’o, running an angle that sliced between the French centres, then outpacing them to the line. He’s big and fast. He’d still look good in Tigers colors if you ask me.

• All good until the ultimate sentence Cobbs. Yeah, nah, not for me.

• Did the dirty on the Tigers.

• Still to this day I remember his half arsed attempted tackle, near wests tigers try line on a warriors player at Leichhardt oval one day. 😊 Warriors player brushed past him and scored a very soft try. 😈
    Maybe Teo should have been doing a study in effort and commitment on playing footy. 💡
    I think it was Hino who had words with him behind the goal posts.
    Not long after that Teo was replaced.

It was around the time Teo was shopping himself around to the highest bidder.
    Enough said. 😒

• The thing is he can apply the effort to get selected for major rep teams in multiple codes, but with us…like many, the culture here doesnt augur really well it seems for these outcomes

Hes a great player, theres no loyalty in RL these days…very very little…players have a minimal window to make an earn from the game

• @westTAHger:

Still to this day I remember his half arsed attempted tackle, near wests tigers try line on a warriors player at Leichhardt oval one day. 😊 Warriors player brushed past him and scored a very soft try. 😈
    Maybe Teo should have been doing a study in effort and commitment on playing footy. 💡

Enough said. 😒

That was an epic spray, and Heighno wasn’t known for them.

• @westTAHger:

Still to this day I remember his half arsed attempted tackle, near wests tigers try line on a warriors player at Leichhardt oval one day. 😊 Warriors player brushed past him and scored a very soft try. 😈

Enough said. 😒

Cos he was “The only” Wests Tigers player to attempt a tackle half arsed….

Watched that game a while back, Teo’s attempt wasn’t what it should have been - but it was more the guy that went down in front of him.
    shouldn’t have missed him, But it wasn’t his man…

Was still one of our better back rowers at that time… (before Ellis)

• How many clubs did he not play for in the NRL (probably as easy as naming the ones he did). Is an absolute mercenary and think the reason he has moved around so much is that he thinks that he is better (and therefore worth more) than what he actually is.

• @westTAHger:

Enough said. 😒

This was at Leichhardt? My memory is that it was in their half and he sort of just let them go past without even making an effort. Everyone at the ground could see what happened.

• @Harvey:

How many clubs did he not play for in the NRL (probably as easy as naming the ones he did). Is an absolute mercenary and think the reason he has moved around so much is that he thinks that he is better (and therefore worth more) than what he actually is.

Played for 3 in 8 years - Yeah…. Real mercenary!!
    Starting origin player in most of the years they beat NSW - barring injury.
    Won a premiership and added real aggression to the Souths pack that hasn’t been replaced since he left.

The only reason Tigers fans are jaded is because he WAS actually too good to want to play for us - And he knew it.
    Can’t blame a bloke for looking after himself…

We were too busy paying and playing Danny Galea out of position at the time to give our up and coming stars the starting position and money they deserved.

ps: We’re not still talking about the Lolesis, Corey Paynes and David Gowers that moved on?

• Again, The only reason Te’o is still relevant here is because he was a top quality player and we didn’t treat him as such - So he left.

• He shopped himself out to the highest bidder with us. I still remember a photo in the paper of him posing with his teammates training in the background. The article that accompanied the photo consisted of him talking about how he’d been emailing other clubs telling them he was on the market.

• @GNR4LIFE:

He shopped himself out to the highest bidder with us. I still remember a photo in the paper of him posing with his teammates training in the background. The article that accompanied the photo consisted of him talking about how he’d been emailing other clubs telling them he was on the market.

Think it was because his Shite manager had agreed to a Shite deal for him to stay….
    He thought he was worth more - And as it turned out, So did some other clubs.

• @westTAHger:

Enough said. 😒

Yes you are correct I do remember Hino giving him a big serve behind the goal posts, I think that it didn’t end there.

• @bathursttiger:

@westTAHger:

Enough said. 😒

Yes you are correct I do remember Hino giving him a big serve behind the goal posts, I think that it didn’t end there.

Yeah probably the 2nd worst attempted tackle I’ve seen WT’s player attempt to make

Nick Graham still holds that title , and I reckon he will hold that title until they carry me off in a big wooden box

• @batboy:

@Harvey:

How many clubs did he not play for in the NRL (probably as easy as naming the ones he did). Is an absolute mercenary and think the reason he has moved around so much is that he thinks that he is better (and therefore worth more) than what he actually is.

Played for 3 in 8 years - Yeah…. Real mercenary!!
    Starting origin player in most of the years they beat NSW - barring injury.
    Won a premiership and added real aggression to the Souths pack that hasn’t been replaced since he left.

The only reason Tigers fans are jaded is because he WAS actually too good to want to play for us - And he knew it.
    Can’t blame a bloke for looking after himself…

We were too busy paying and playing Danny Galea out of position at the time to give our up and coming stars the starting position and money they deserved.

ps: We’re not still talking about the Lolesis, Corey Paynes and David Gowers that moved on?

• Again, The only reason Te’o is still relevant here is because he was a top quality player and we didn’t treat him as such - So he left.

Christ is he your brother or something? The above is rubbish. He had every chance but he made it clear when his contract was up that he was up for auction to the highest bidder. What annoyed fans was that he was representing himself and his form and commitment nosedived during that time. He came across as totally unprofessional.

Recent Topics