All the Tigers needed hopefully
    A lot of clubs running around with no nonsense hookers

• This is an attempt at sarcasm right?

• He’ll be solid enough in NSW Cup
    Looked awful in defence this weekend

• @ricksen:

He’ll be solid enough in NSW Cup

I remember Blake Austin being written because of his defence in 9s. Then everyone realised it is a completely different game then 13 a side football.

• His dummy half passing was worse than Robbie’s. Very slow service and not sure on of the passes actually hit the mark. 1st receiver was constantly reaching to take his passes. Rankin is a better dummy half!!!

• @Harvey:

His dummy half passing was worse than Robbie’s. Very slow service and not sure on of the passes actually hit the mark. 1st receiver was constantly reaching to take his passes. Rankin is a better dummy half!!!

You’ve just described most third string hookers. Good thing he’s our third string hooker.

• ForumSupporter

Yeah…nah

I’m hoping Ballin and Liddle stay fit…

I think as back up maybe OK…could have been trying to hard perhaps…or better suited to the 13 man game…named Hooker of the Year in ISP so I don’t think he is a complete dud…

• Seeing our 3rd in line to the hooker throne has NRL experience you can’t complain

He mightn’t be the best , but I don’t expect him to be the best either

• Watched the Broncos game from last year (Ballin at hooker) Man - Brooks and Moses really cut loose with him there… It was fantastic.
    Doubt we’ll see much McIlwrick in firsts this year - That’s why he’s at the 9’s

• @batboy:

Watched the Broncos game from last year (Ballin at hooker) Man - Brooks and Moses really cut loose with him there… It was fantastic.
    Doubt we’ll see much McIlwrick in firsts this year - That’s why he’s at the 9’s

Absolutely! How do I like this post?

• @southerntiger:

@ricksen:

He’ll be solid enough in NSW Cup

I remember Blake Austin being written because of his defence in 9s. Then everyone realised it is a completely different game then 13 a side football.

His defence still isn’t very good, but he’s a half so it’s mostly hidden. McIlwrick is a hooker so will need to do a mountain of defensive work.
    I can’t see him playing FG unless there are a few injuries.

• Yeh Reggies Level

• Hunt looked better when he went to 9 for a bit and Hunt isn’t a hooker, ditto for Rankin.
    Hooker is a big concern for us this season, don’t let the fact that we have 3 hookers and a few utilities in that position fool you, none of them are ready.

Balin has missed 2 seasons now, coming off busted knees and isn’t getting younger.
    Liddle is, well (little) and IMO not ready (especially stepping into a team who’s defense is fragile)
    McIIrick isn’t NRL standard

Taylor’s future hinges on this position working better than it did with Robbie, I bet Taylor is having nightmares about it.

• I thought he looked very average and ordinary.

• Hit hard in D.

Recent Topics