Hayne weighing up Rugby switch

• Hayne weighing up Rugby switch
    AAP on February 7, 2017, 7:00 am

Gold Coast NRL star Jarryd Hayne says he may follow the lead of Ben Barba and chance his arm playing rugby in Europe.

Just six months after Hayne was trumpeted as the greatest signing in Gold Coast history, the Titans face an enormous battle to retain the two-time Dally M superstar. In an interview with Newscorp Australia, Hayne said he’s keeping an open mind on his professional sporting options.

The former San Francisco 49ers player revealed he has interest from French rugby and has not ruled out emulating Toulon recruit Barba by again heading overseas.

There has definitely been interest from them (French rugby) and for me, it’s the timing of it and whether I want to chance my arm at it," said Hayne, who suffered a minor knee injury over the weekend at the NRL Nines.

"Everything is an option, I don’t like to live in narrow vision.

"I played rugby when I was growing up. As a kid I did a lot of sports. That’s why it pisses me off when everyone carries on when someone changes sports. "As kids, we are encouraged to try every sport we can, so as an adult, why should that change?

“That’s my stand on things. We get paid to do a job and we have to work our asses off at training, but once that contract is finished, if someone wants to try something different, that’s up to them.”

• Ooohhh very defensive

• Getting pretty sick of this guy…

• ForumSupporter

It’s his DREAM…

When’s the next Union World Cup…?

• The guy should try net ball or maybe there is a sport in the winter olympics he might want to have a crack at.

The bottom line as a pro footballer he is entitled to try earn as much as he can from what ever code, but while he is being paid a truck load of cash by the NRL, my advise button your lip and stop giving another code media coverage, save that for your employer

• Please go you flog.
    Sick of the sight of the egotistical goose after only a few games back in the NRL.
    He should look into inventing his own sport, Jarrydball……it would be played a room full of mirrors and there would be a 1 hour halftime break which is used for blowing one’s own trumpet and forcing people to listen to you pump up your own tyres.

If only that bloke was a better shot back in the Kings Cross incident.

• Haha what a stroker. Been back five minutes and already putting out the lines out.

• Who cares , someone help him pack his bags asap

• @Geo.:

It’s his DREAM…

When’s the next Union World Cup…?

Jarrod’s on You Tube:

• @happy tiger:

Who cares , someone help him pack his bags asap

Im onto it Happy, Left Sydney 6 hours ago when i read the thread, Im in Coff’s now trying to load the big banana onto the back of my ute. Im not sure if it will fit in Haynes baggage but I’m sure he will find somewhere to store it.

• @Tiger Come Lately:

@happy tiger:

Im onto it Happy, Left Sydney 6 hours ago when i read the thread, Im in Coff’s now trying to load the big banana onto the back of my ute. Im not sure if it will fit in Haynes baggage but I’m sure he will find somewhere to store it.

Hayne’s baggage wouldn’t fit into the back of a semi

Just burn most of it and load him on the plane

• @happy tiger:

@Tiger Come Lately:

@happy tiger:

Hayne’s baggage wouldn’t fit into the back of a semi

Just burn most of it and load him on the plane

One semi for his baggage and one for his dreams.

• Does this Guy love a headline or what……

Whilst I admire him for trying his hand at NFL the facts are:

1. The only reason he got an NFL tryout was thanks to his publicity machine…and the SF 49’ers got sucked in.

2. 49’ers quickly realized he was no good and cut him…

3. After flopping at NFL he tried to get to the Olympics via the Fiji RU team…he didn’t make the team…(hello)…flop

4. With money running dry quickly, to support his lifestyle…his manager and publicity machine came back to ‘safe ground’ and talked him up to return to the NRL…Parra and the Titans were sucked in and he scored a $1m pa contract for a handful of games in 2016 and a season in 2017.

5. Now he is talking up trying his hand elsewhere…

#38 face the facts…

You have come back to the NRL a shadow of your former self…you will only make this years SOO due to the hype machine not your form…2017 will show how average you really are as a trainer, footballer and person…watch the excuses roll out why his form is mediocre…

I feel sorry for the Titans…they have a dud and I reckon many of them privately know it

• making it in French Rugby isn’t much of an achievement. they buy anyone with a name. can’t see him lasting long in rugby at all.

• Couldnt care less if he stays or goes. He, like every other player can come and go as they chose. All these big stars that ‘threaten’ leaving, and then clubs and the NRL go into panic mode.

You know what, as ive said before, there are a hundred kids who want a crack in the main game that will gladly have a go at one tenth the cost. Let the big stars bugger off and at least we can watch a game of footy without egos.

Recent Topics