Gunners 2017

• Banned

Saw the boys on Tuesday night in Brissie and gotta say i was impressed. I caught them back in 93 and they were badass although a little sloppy. On this tour they are clean and tight. Even Axl’s voice holds up for most of the show.

They played all their hits and didnt muck around with them. It was a shame Izzy didnt tour as he was always my favourite back in the day but they lost very little with Fortus who was brilliant and kept it tight. Duff and Slash were the highlight, stomping around the stage and peeling off all the licks and riffs like they had never left. The drummer was good but was clearly the weak link and if they do go back in the studio id suggest replacing him with the power of Sorum which was missed a bit.

All in all though it was a great show and for those going to Sydney this weekend you wont be dissapointed. Plenty of the old stuff that had the big crowd going off for most of the show and Slash’s work on all the mega hit tunes was pretty much flawless. Good night out.

• LOL I thought you had become an Arsenal fan overnight

• Axl hates Sorum. Duff and Slash wanted to bring him in but Axl vetoed it. Rumours doing the rounds that Angus will be there either tonight or tomorrow, maybe both nights. They’re sounding as good as they ever have. I’ll be there both nights in Sydney and in Melbourne on Tuesday.

• @stryker:

Saw the boys on Tuesday night in Brissie and gotta say i was impressed. I caught them back in 93 and they were badass although a little sloppy. On this tour they are clean and tight. Even Axl’s voice holds up for most of the show.

They played all their hits and didnt muck around with them. It was a shame Izzy didnt tour as he was always my favourite back in the day but they lost very little with Fortus who was brilliant and kept it tight. Duff and Slash were the highlight, stomping around the stage and peeling off all the licks and riffs like they had never left. The drummer was good but was clearly the weak link and if they do go back in the studio id suggest replacing him with the power of Sorum which was missed a bit.

All in all though it was a great show and for those going to Sydney this weekend you wont be dissapointed. Plenty of the old stuff that had the big crowd going off for most of the show and Slash’s work on all the mega hit tunes was pretty much flawless. Good night out.

Tossing up whether to go or not, they are here in WA on Tuesday next week. Have read mixed reviews on their shows so far this tour. Did Axl at least have the decency to make sure they hit the stage on time at the Brisbane show?
    If they were looking to hire a session musician they would be best off getting Tommy Clufetos, he has done the drumming for Black Sabbath the last 2 Australian tours they have done and he rolled out the best drum solo I have ever seen live, it was mindblowing! Its worth a look on YouTube that’s for sure if you have a good set of speakers. He also is a dead-ringer looks wise for Jesus Christ, so that was a trip……watching JC thump the tubs!

• Angus was at sound check today playing Whole Lotta Rosie.

• Just got home.up the front in the standing room - loved every minute of it.

• Banned

@Fade To Black:

@stryker:

Tossing up whether to go or not, they are here in WA on Tuesday next week. Have read mixed reviews on their shows so far this tour. Did Axl at least have the decency to make sure they hit the stage on time at the Brisbane show?
    If they were looking to hire a session musician they would be best off getting Tommy Clufetos, he has done the drumming for Black Sabbath the last 2 Australian tours they have done and he rolled out the best drum solo I have ever seen live, it was mindblowing! Its worth a look on YouTube that’s for sure if you have a good set of speakers. He also is a dead-ringer looks wise for Jesus Christ, so that was a trip……watching JC thump the tubs!

Yeah im aware of Tommy C. He is great.
    Axl started the show pretty close to on time.
    Id recommend going.

• At least in Brisbane you got Rose Tatt as a support band. We are getting served up Wolfmother as a support, if there has been a s#%#tier band formed than them I would be surprised.
    Would like to see Guns, if I can pick up a decent ticket last-minute on Gumtree I will go, the nosebleed seats at Subiaco Oval here are crap for concerts because it is usually pretty windy here this time of year and the sound just disappears quicker than Moltzen under a high ball.

• Awesome show. Back for round 2 tomorrow.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Axl hates Sorum. Duff and Slash wanted to bring him in but Axl vetoed it. Rumours doing the rounds that Angus will be there either tonight or tomorrow, maybe both nights. They’re sounding as good as they ever have. I’ll be there both nights in Sydney and in Melbourne on Tuesday.

You are obviously trying get just about the most from a band that you really like whilst on tour, so enjoy. I like most of their stuff, but not enough to be a must see.

• Banned

Did they play Coma?

• @stryker:

Did they play Coma?

Nope. I suspect it got bumped for the two songs they played with Angus. Wasn’t impressed.

• Banned

Damn …we got a 20 minute version in Brissie. It kicked massive arse.

• Be nice if they played it tonight. Not sure if Angus will be there again.

Just a word on Angry Anderson. I respect that he’s an Australian rock legend and all the work he’s done for children’s charities but my God. He interacts with the crowd like an out of touch grandfather with his grandkids at the dinner table. No idea what he’s talking about.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Be nice if they played it tonight. Not sure if Angus will be there again.

Just a word on Angry Anderson. I respect that he’s an Australian rock legend and all the work he’s done for children’s charities but my God. He interacts with the crowd like an out of touch grandfather with his grandkids at the dinner table. No idea what he’s talking about.

Yeah he can babble on a bit at times but then again he isnt meant to be a public speaking expert or stand up comic. Rose Tattoo have got some great songs. Be thankful you didn’t have to put up with Wolfmother.

Recent Topics