Wests Tigers squad v Cowboys**LIVE THREAD

• ForumSupporter

Team Announcement: NRL Trial vs. Cowboys

Brock Corfe (Twitter: @Brock_Corfe)

Tue 14th February, 04:59PM
    A A

Trial 2 Team List_1700x960
    Wests Tigers’ stars Aaron Woods and James Tedesco will play their first game of 2017 in this Friday night’s trial match against the North Queensland Cowboys at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

While halves Mitchell Moses (ankle bone-bruising) and Luke Brooks (dental surgery) will miss the hit-out, Head Coach Jason Taylor has named a strong 24-man squad for the last pre-season game before Round 1.

Joel Edwards, JJ Felise and Tim Simona also return to bolster the squad after being rested from last weekend’s 20-10 trial match loss to St George Illawarra.

The squad includes five rookies – Watson Heleta, Jeremy Marshall-King, Esan Marsters, Bayley Sironen and Moses Suli – who have earned another chance to impress before the NRL season officially begins.

Gates open at Campbelltown Sports Stadium at 6:30pm on Friday night, with kick-off scheduled for 7pm.

Wests Tigers Members have free access to the game, with $10 admission for non-Members.

Wests Tigers Intrust Super Premiership and Holden Cup sides will play at Henson Park on Saturday, with teams to be confirmed for those games later in the week.

SQUAD: Josh Aloiai, Michael Chee Kam, Joel Edwards, JJ Felise, Tim Grant, Watson Heleta, Justin Hunt, Jamal Idris, Chris Lawrence, Jack Littlejohn, Jeremy Marshall-King, Esan Marsters, Matt McIlwrick, Kevin Naiqama, David Nofoaluma, Jordan Rankin, Ava Seumanufagai, Tim Simona, Bayley Sironen, Sauaso Sue, Moses Suli, Elijah Taylor, James Tedesco, Aaron Woods

UNAVAILABLE: Mitchell Moses (Ankle Bone Bruising – Return Round 1), Luke Brooks (Dental Surgery – Return Round 1), Matt Ballin (Knee – Return Round 1-2), Jacob Liddle (Shoulder- Return Round 1-2), Ryland Jacobs (Knee – Return Round 1)

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/02/14/team_announcement_nr.html

• Rankin should be given the chance to work on his combinations with his NSW cup teammates this weekend.

• We are still not closer to seeing who is playing on the left…

I am glad that we have named our strongest side possible

• Decent looking squad all things considered. Glad MCK is getting a decent look-in so far, along with Heleta. Hopefully Jamal gets another solid 40 minutes to work on his match fitness.

• Banned

In the 1st half hopefully see something similar to this

1. James Tedesco
    2. David Nofoaluma
    3. Tim Simona
    4. Jamal Idris
    5. Kevin Naquama
    6. Jeremy Marshall King
    7. Jack Littlejohn/Justin Hunt
    8. Aaron Woods ©
    9. Matt Mckillwrick
    10. Ava Seumanufangi
    11. Chris Lawrence
    12. Sauaso Sue
    13. Elijah Taylor

14. Jack Littlejohn/Justin Hunt
    15. Josh Aloiai
    16. Tim Grant
    17. Michael Chee Kam

It’s good having a player like Chee Kam who can can come in and fill in at second row and sue can go into the prop rotation so realistically we have an extra prop

2nd half will probably completely different barring maybe 5-6 players from the 1st half team

Obviously would be different if Moses, Brooks, Liddle and Ballin were included but that’d be the strongest available side

• @clifferdSH:

In the 1st half hopefully see something similar to this

1. James Tedesco
    2. David Nofoaluma
    3. Tim Simona
    4. Jamal Idris
    5. Kevin Naquama
    6. Jeremy Marshall King
    7. Jack Littlejohn/Justin Hunt
    8. Aaron Woods ©
    9. Matt Mckillwrick
    10. Ava Seumanufangi
    11. Chris Lawrence
    12. Sauaso Sue
    13. Elijah Taylor

14. Jack Littlejohn/Justin Hunt
    15. Josh Aloiai
    16. Tim Grant
    17. Michael Chee Kam

It’s good having a player like Chee Kam who can can come in and fill in at second row and sue can go into the prop rotation so realistically we have an extra prop

2nd half will probably completely different barring maybe 5-6 players from the 1st half team

Obviously would be different if Moses, Brooks, Liddle and Ballin were included but that’d be the strongest available side

Chee Kam offers a lot off the bench. If Kev is getting owned on the wing,Simona can go to wing and MCK in the centres. Plus any issue with the backs like fitness of Jamel ,MCK can fill in. I guess Lawerence can do this as well. Aloiai is big enough to fill in the middle for a short stint. Woods, Ava and Grant are all capable of playing long minutes. I’d have JJF on the bench rather than JLJ or Hunt. That would give us a very big pack. But someone in the starting 17 may have to fill in at DH for a short stint.

• Banned

Yeh my main reasoning for picking JLJ/JH on the bench is not sure if Matt can play 80 mins of DH.

Tbh that may be our only downfall in the regular season is having an 80 min hooker

• Considering this squad, I’m expecting another tale of two halves. Expecting something like this with some rotation.

Half 1
    1. James Tedesco
    2. David Nofoaluma
    3. Tim Simona
    4. Kevin Naiqama
    5. Jordan Rankin
    6. Jack Littlejohn
    7. Justin Hunt
    8. Aaron Woods
    9. Matt McIlwrick
    10. Sauaso Sue
    11. Josh Aloiai
    12. Chris Lawrence
    13. Elijah Taylor

14. Ava Seumanufagai
    15. JJ Felise
    16. Tim Grant
    17. Jeremy Marshall-King

Half 2
    1. Watson Heleta,
    2. David Nofoaluma
    3. Jamal Idris
    4. Michael Chee Kam
    5. Moses Suli
    6. Jordan Rankin
    7. Jack Littlejohn
    8. Tim Grant
    9. Jeremy Marshall-King
    10. Joel Edwards
    11. Esan Marsters,
    12. Bayley Sironen
    13. Sauaso Sue

• Should be looking at players playing more than 40 mins, with a couple of exceptions. Need to get their match fitness up for round1.

• I find it a bit weird that Brooks is having wisdom teeth out this week. I’d be surprised if there is some sort of emergency, wisdom teeth are a long time coming, I would have expected him to get them done at the start of the preseason.

Also just trying to figure out which fringe players are not getting a look in here, which means not to expect to see them much / at all in 2017? Paseka, Tatola, Eisenhuth, Jordan Grant, Lolo.

Siro Jr Jr gets a run though.

• Banned

Think Paseska has a minor injury and is in 2nd tier cap anyway. Probably not being rushed into 1st grade due to our prop stocks being good enough atm anyway, still wouldn’t be surprised if he got a run off the bench halfway through the season or something he’s a monster and could no doubt handle it

• @jirskyr:

I find it a bit weird that Brooks is having wisdom teeth out this week. I’d be surprised if there is some sort of emergency, wisdom teeth are a long time coming, I would have expected him to get them done at the start of the preseason.

Also just trying to figure out which fringe players are not getting a look in here, which means not to expect to see them much / at all in 2017? Paseka, Tatola, Eisenhuth, Jordan Grant, Lolo.

Yeah, I thought it was like elective surgery sort of thing, I guess he couldve began having problems with them suddenly

Sirro is in the top 25, the others arent

• Ooo yeah, team list time!

1. Tedesco
    2. Nofoaluma
    3. Simona
    4. Idris
    5. Naiqama
    6. Hunt
    7. Littlejohn
    8. Woods
    9. McIlwrick
    10. Sue
    11. Lawrence
    12. Aloiai
    13. Taylor
    14. Grant
    15. Seumanufagai
    16. Felise
    17. Chee Kam
    18. Edwards
    19. Sironen
    20. Suli
    21. Heleta
    22. Marshall-King
    23. Marsters
    24. Rankin

• @clifferdSH:

Think Paseska has a minor injury and is in 2nd tier cap anyway. Probably not being rushed into 1st grade due to our prop stocks being good enough atm anyway, still wouldn’t be surprised if he got a run off the bench halfway through the season or something he’s a monster and could no doubt handle it

I hope he gets a go.

He is 199cm and 124 kg

The next tallest is Woods at 194cm, and the next heaviest is JJ Felise at 111kg

His size and power would be much needed despite his age.

If you’re good enough, you’re old enough

• @jirskyr:

I find it a bit weird that Brooks is having wisdom teeth out this week. I’d be surprised if there is some sort of emergency, wisdom teeth are a long time coming, I would have expected him to get them done at the start of the preseason.

I cracked my wisdom tooth eating a fruit and nut mix that had a shell in it. I was great one day, mouth full of gauze the next.

Or it was a touch footy injury.

Recent Topics