Am I asking for a hiding?

• So I have just started an Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Management and one of the assessments is the creation of a Strategic Plan we need to create for a ‘company.’ As my full time employer has 1 pretty much set in stone, I’ve been asked to look elsewhere for another place I could create this on. It is supposed to encompass things like Marketing, products, stakeholders relationships, financials, etc. My question to this astute audience:

Do I dare try to complete this on the WT franchise? Or will it perhaps be a lost cause, or more likely, the deeper I dig and go, the more I would regret?

• @ryanda01:

So I have just started an Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Management and one of the assessments is the creation of a Strategic Plan we need to create for a ‘company.’ As my full time employer has 1 pretty much set in stone, I’ve been asked to look elsewhere for another place I could create this on. It is supposed to encompass things like Marketing, products, stakeholders relationships, financials, etc. My question to this astute audience:

Do I dare try to complete this on the WT franchise? Or will it perhaps be a lost cause, or more likely, the deeper I dig and go, the more I would regret?

Do it and give an honest appraisal also send a copy to the club.It is possible you will end up shaking your head in disbelief but it is possible something worthwhile will eventuate

• Why not? I’d guess that Marina Go would have done lots of evaluations and have a strategic plan pretty firmly in place, but nothing wrong with a fresh set of eyes looking at it from another perspective.

• It would be a great idea, i would love to see it the finished product.

• How about the NRL as a whole ……

• Banned

One of the aspects of tertiary study assessments is to critically analyse current strategies, procedures etc…

I would use the club as the subject and would introduce your thoughts on how you would improve the strategic plan for something like membership renewals. You may find through your research that the renewal plans are being run well and as such you can present both sides of the argument explaining why, using evidence, you have come to that conclusion.

• @ryanda01:

So I have just started an Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Management and one of the assessments is the creation of a Strategic Plan we need to create for a ‘company.’ As my full time employer has 1 pretty much set in stone, I’ve been asked to look elsewhere for another place I could create this on. It is supposed to encompass things like Marketing, products, stakeholders relationships, financials, etc. My question to this astute audience:

Good on you mate for having the right attitude, you should succeed in life if you keep that up.
    I hope you do well, and why not have a crack at the Weststigers, or one of my other teams who keep underperforming every year, the Gunners, either one of those organisations could do with fresh eyes.

• @851:

@ryanda01:

Good on you mate for having the right attitude, you should succeed in life if you keep that up.
    I hope you do well, and why not have a crack at the Weststigers, or one of my other teams who keep underperforming every year, the Gunners, either one of those organisations could do with fresh eyes.

Look I’d disagree , I reckon the WT’s overachieved on field

Yeah you’d want to be focussing on our repeated failures and how we didn’t build on winning a premiership and why we continue to do things that other clubs just don’t do

You might be a head case by the time your finished though Ryanda :crazy 😃

• I reckon you should do it but I don’t get the thought process…as you won’t do it with your current employer because they already have a plan but you will do it on the Tigers, despite the fact that there would almost definitely be one in place.
    ???

Anyway, all plans should have the same structure but bear in mind that not all industries are equal and especially if you were to provide suggestions then you would have to benchmark standards by conducting a comparative analysis on other sporting organizations globally and nationally, as well as other NRL teams.
    Now that would be interesting!

Might be just as compelling to create the plan for NRL.

Anyway, I think it’s a great initiative.

Go for it!

Recent Topics