Sounds outrageous

• Banned

But im on the Tigers. Took the $34 to win the comp today.

The reason…

Teams that come up with a new style of play after the game has had a few years with a certain style often win the comp.

I believe we are about to see a new shift in the game and its happening through us.

Ball playing lock controlling the ruck with 2 halves basically playing off the back of that. Its fast, interchange of passing, and allows instictive play. Its a creation away from the boring structure. We still have the structure, but play a style that allows instinct within and outside that structure. It looks amazing.

I don’t believe its what the bulldogs have done in the past, its beyond that IMO.

I still hate the game at the moment but for the first time in a long time i can see something that excites me.

Brooks and Moses would be crazy to leave what Jason Taylor and Elijah Taylor are going to do for them.

Hail the return lf the ball playing lock.

• Love the positivity, but maybe a $20 on top 8 for me

• ForumSupporter

Still need the grunt up front which we have shown in patches but rarely ever Week in Week Out that is the Grind of NRL football…

I think we will improve and make the 8 but a Premiership is a couple of smart recruitment decisions and a few Years away…

Buckled up for the ride though…

• Big ???s for me still over our defence week in week out

Good luck KS. How much did you plonk on us?

• @Geo.:

Still need the grunt up front which we have shown in patches but rarely ever Week in Week Out that is the Grind of NRL football…

I think we will improve and make the 8 but a Premiership is a couple of smart recruitment decisions and a few Years away…

The grunt up the front is an interesting one. IMO Sue should, but Im not sure he will, become a premier forward this year. I expected it last year but don’t think we got enough minutes from him each game.

With Woods, Sue, Ava (again a player I’m hoping takes it up a notch) and Grant (plus JJ, Tatola and Paseka to plug the gaps) we have enough big bodies to win a few forward battles.

Our success this year will depend on whether we can fix our defensive frailties. We fix those and I reckon we are shoe in the for the 8.

Im not predicting a premiership but I think we will do a lot better than people think.

• Banned

@innsaneink:

Big ???s for me still over our defence week in week out

Good luck KS. How much did you plonk on us?

Not much mate. Nothing that im going to miss in 6 months time. Lazy $50.

I dont for a sencond actually think we will win the comp, but for the first time it wouldnt come as a total shock, so why not.

I also went to back Farah for 1st tryscorer today but chickened out last second and backed Walker….bloody Farah then scores first. Hate that guy lol.

• I often put a sneaky 10 or 20 on us at the start of the year just for the hell of it. Good thing about us is you always get good odds. Leicester City showed last year anything is possible.

• @king sirro:

The reason…

Teams that come up with a new style of play after the game has had a few years with a certain style often win the comp.

I believe we are about to see a new shift in the game and its happening through us.

Ball playing lock controlling the ruck with 2 halves basically playing off the back of that. Its fast, interchange of passing, and allows instictive play. Its a creation away from the boring structure. We still have the structure, but play a style that allows instinct within and outside that structure. It looks amazing.

I don’t believe its what the bulldogs have done in the past, its beyond that IMO.

I still hate the game at the moment but for the first time in a long time i can see something that excites me.

Brooks and Moses would be crazy to leave what Jason Taylor and Elijah Taylor are going to do for them.

Gone for a trip up to Northern NSW KS ??

Trip being the word ……

PS You’ll get far better odds later in the season

• @GNR4LIFE:

I often put a sneaky 10 or 20 on us at the start of the year just for the hell of it. Good thing about us is you always get good odds. Leicester City showed last year anything is possible.

I remember Dad also placed $10 on us for the comp last year, apparently the odds were 110/1 for us to win the comp.

He will be away with mum in Paris on grand final weekend, and he says we are destined to make the grand final because he won’t be there.

So if we make it to the gf this year I won’t be able to go 😦

That being said the chances of us winning the premiership…

• @WestsBenTigers:

@GNR4LIFE:

I often put a sneaky 10 or 20 on us at the start of the year just for the hell of it. Good thing about us is you always get good odds. Leicester City showed last year anything is possible.

I remember Dad also placed $10 on us for the comp last year, apparently the odds were 110/1 for us to win the comp.

He will be away with mum in Paris on grand final weekend, and he says we are destined to make the grand final because he won’t be there.

So if we make it to the gf this year I won’t be able to go 😦

That being said the chances of us winning the premiership…

We will also be OS on the GF weekend and think the last time was in 05, so you never know.

• @king sirro:

The reason…

I’m with you KS and took a lot out of the back end of last year. Taylor lost me for a few weeks early on along with a few players, but has since gained my respect and from most reports that of the players and peers with his willingness to encourage input and allow some freedom.

He may not have the put his arm on the shoulder people skills of some of his contemporaries, though makes up for it with the strengths in other areas. We can only hope that the style he has been gearing up to having the boys play will not only be a winning one, but one that starts a trend away from the barge and wrestle.

Waiting and hoping to be entertained, with only twelve sleeps to go.

• ForumSupporter

@southerntiger:

@Geo.:

The grunt up the front is an interesting one. IMO Sue should, but Im not sure he will, become a premier forward this year. I expected it last year but don’t think we got enough minutes from him each game.

With Woods, Sue, Ava (again a player I’m hoping takes it up a notch) and Grant (plus JJ, Tatola and Paseka to plug the gaps) we have enough big bodies to win a few forward battles.

Our success this year will depend on whether we can fix our defensive frailties. We fix those and I reckon we are shoe in the for the 8.

Im not predicting a premiership but I think we will do a lot better than people think.

I meant the Pack as a whole…Wests Tigers ranked 16th in metres gained in 2016…Woods will churn out the metres every week and Seumanifagai averaged over 100m per game mostly coming off the bench …it fell away after that…Taylor is not a metre eater but he brings makes up for that…I agree that we are well served in the Prop position than we have in the past…

It is also a concern in stopping teams coming through the middle as we have never really been a team that excels at the wrestle and slowing down the ruck which leaves our often fragile edges exposed…The defence against the Cowboys was encouraging especially the 1st contact and limiting their offloads…maintaing that week in week out is the key …

• @Geo.:

@southerntiger:

@Geo.:

I meant the Pack as a whole…Wests Tigers ranked 16th in metres gained in 2016…Woods will churn out the metres every week and Seumanifagai averaged over 100m per game mostly coming off the bench …it fell away after that…Taylor is not a metre eater but he brings makes up for that…I agree that we are well served in the Prop position than we have in the past…

It is also a concern in stopping teams coming through the middle as we have never really been a team that excels at the wrestle and slowing down the ruck which leaves our often fragile edges exposed…The defence against the Cowboys was encouraging especially the 1st contact and limiting their offloads…maintaing that week in week out is the key …

Still concerns me how many touches Woods gets in the red zone , becoming our version of Paul Gallen

He doesn’t suck in a heap of defenders nor look like he will bust or even dint the line , and doesn’t have an ounce of footwork that will create any fear in the opposition

• I was impressed with what they produced against the Cowboys,but I would not put stolen money on them even to make the eight. I just think the grind will catch up with them and I think there are to many weak spots in our roster. Things like lack of height and speed out wide,lack of standout back rower and goal kicker keep coming to mind.

I could be way off the money, but I think we will be two from six at very best and than the heads could stay to drop

• @supercoach:

I was impressed with what they produced against the Cowboys,but I would not put stolen money on them even to make the eight. I just think the grind will catch up with them and I think there are to many weak spots in our roster. Things like lack of height and speed out wide,lack of standout back rower and goal kicker keep coming to mind.

I could be way off the money, but I think we will be two from six at very best and than the heads could stay to drop

Your gunna make KS cranky SC

Don’t rain on his parade

Recent Topics