Adam Reynolds to miss first month of 2017 season

• The Daily Telegraph
    28 minutes ago

SOUTH Sydney have been dealt a massive blow before the start of the NRL season, with halfback Adam Reynolds ruled out for up to four weeks with appendicitis. Reynolds is almost certain to miss the Rabbitohs’ opening games against the Wests Tigers, Manly and Newcastle, and will race the clock to be fit for round four against the Sydney Roosters.

Souths have a number of options to replace the 26-year-old in the halves.

Former Parramatta No.7 Luke Kelly was impressive in the Charity Shield win over St George Illawarra while John Sutton could also revert from the back row to partner Cody Walker.

Less likely is the option to shift Damien Cook from the bench hooker role, which would allow recruit Robbie Farah to play 80 minutes in the No.9 jersey. Regardless, Reynolds’ absence is a cruel hit to Souths as they attempt to climb back into the top eight after missing the finals for the first time since 2011 last year.

The NSW State of Origin halfback forms a key part of the side’s attacking structure, highlighted by the fact they won just two of eight games without him in 2016.

In total, the Rabbitohs have just a 33 per cent winning record without Reynolds at five wins and 10 losses, while they have won 63 per cent of matches that he has played since his debut in 2012.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/rabbitohs/souths-halfback-adam-reynolds-to-miss-first-month-of-2017-season-with/news-story/6dc0fa62e631c707c9cb07c46ae13bdf

• Banned

Well that is definitely going to help our chances. Go the mighty tigers, i reckon its going to be a bumper crowd and a great atmosphere.

• Bummer 😃

Maybe we will see Farah in the #7 & Cook #9

• ForumSupporter

Farah to 7 is the obvious choice with all his guile and experience…

Almost had Reynolds in my fantasy side…

• Okay, this will be a test for us because in the past this is exactly the type of thing that has brought us undone. It has seemed like sub-consciously some of our players think it might be an easier game than they thought whereas the opposition actually steps up a gear to make up for their loss…

• @:

Bummer 😃

Gotta happen

Farah is the greatest 7 in the game Madge

Just ask him , he’ll tell you

Get the man another trophy

• I so want to beat the rabbits. I think Reynolds is the only bloke I actually like in their team. With him gone, it’s hatred all the way.

• @:

@:

Bummer 😃

Gotta happen

Farah is the greatest 7 in the game Madge

Just ask him , he’ll tell you

Get the man another trophy

Yes would like to see RF marking up against one of our halves .

• @:

I so want to beat the rabbits. I think Reynolds is the only bloke I actually like in their team. With him gone, it’s hatred all the way.

😃 i went to give you the thumbs up…but it’s goooone

• @:

Okay, this will be a test for us because in the past this is exactly the type of thing that has brought us undone. It has seemed like sub-consciously some of our players think it might be an easier game than they thought whereas the opposition actually steps up a gear to make up for their loss…

It happens time and time again. We need to win these sort of games to make the 8, he’s a massive loss.

• Souths kicking game will suffer a bit but overall I don’t think they’ll be too badly off without him.

• ForumSupporter

@:

Souths kicking game will suffer a bit but overall I don’t think they’ll be too badly off without him.

😮 His kicking game both long and short is a major part of their game…

• 7 more sleeps

• Good news. Though if we lose the media are going to hammer us even more

• @:

Souths kicking game will suffer a bit but overall I don’t think they’ll be too badly off without him.

Yeah you’d think they will move Sutton into the halves and we have made him look like Wally Lewis in the past

Hopefully we drill him the 1st time he runs and he goes missing in action

Recent Topics