Josh Aloiai

• Been an outstanding buy for the team and from all reports looks set for a big 2017,I think he makes a great edge runner,has some speed as we saw in the nines,and can run a good line.Links well with moses as well.Interested on your thoughts as where you believe he will be best used in the forwards or 2nd row as it looks like he will start from the bench this season.

• There are murmours of using Aloiai in the middle? Is this a thing?

• In for a big year imo. Pretty impressive for a rookie to play every game, starting in most of them and not draw the ire of the forum as a result. He held his own well last year.

• I don’t think he is a backrower, failed to break the line last year, is better suited to a front row spot.

• ForumSupporter

@:

There are murmours of using Aloiai in the middle? Is this a thing?

If the trials mean anything then yeah…

I think Aloiai will continue his development and improve his minutes in the middle…

• Thought he went a lot better in attack at the end of last season after his broken hand came good, so apart from being part of a leaking edge, I am surprised that he may be being moved in.

• Well we are down 1 back-rower so we would probably have to have MCK in the back-row rotation which would meen Kev and Idris are our 2 starting centres. Also our hooker would have to play the whole 80 minutes.

If Aloia were to play in the middle

3. Idris
    4. Kev

8.Woods
    9. McIllwirck/Ballin/Liddle
    10. Ava / Grant
    11. Sue
    12. Lawrence
    13. Et

14. JJ Felise
    15. Aloia
    16. MCK
    17. Ava / Grant

• Undoubtedly he should be playing on an edge, but it looks like JT is going to use him in Prop Rotation this year. Its not a bad option as he is still developing, but I feel his biggest strengths [Off Loads/Big Hitting] are yet to be seen due to his age/development.

The most important thing is for Josh to continue learning his craft in NRL and playing as many minutes as possible. He will have a good long career if he puts in the hard work!

• I think he should be on the edge running off Moses he made some breaks there last year, keep him on the edge but I’m not the coach.

• I agree so why in the …. are we looking for a new starting 2nd rower?

• @:

I agree so why in the …. are we looking for a new starting 2nd rower?

Exactly.He offers more than McQueen at the respective stage in their careers,including desperately needed size,at much lower price……

• I am looking forward to seeing Aloiai improve this year. I think that he came to the club with a hip injury, and so should benefit from having pretty much a full pre season, though did have a jaw injury

• Love this guy, hope he doesn’t get put in the front row, think it’ll be a waste.

• I don’t think he defends well enough for edge.

In tight for mine. He has some footwork could be handy up the guts against the big guys.

• @:

I agree so why in the …. are we looking for a new starting 2nd rower?

Or are we just bumping up the price of all these second rowers that are off contract.
    Like all the other clubs are doing with our Big4.

Recent Topics