Club loss of $4.2m

• In the Tele yesterday, Rothfield had a story about all of the NRL clubs losses last year. Had us down for a $4.2m loss.

Given that the change of board was done to give us more of a business focus & all we’ve heard from Go & Pascoe is about how good they’re doing, how can we just cop a $4.2m loss? How are Wests Ashfield just coping this considering they’re chucking in much more money now?

• ForumSupporter

Wow Rothy doubled it from December…that’s impressive even by his standards…

• Rothfield hates our club, particularly our Chairwoman.

Don’t believe a word he says.

• If I was part of a system that is trying to milk money from the ARLC, I’d make sure my paper-loss was significant also.

• Banned

@:

If I was part of a system that is trying to milk money from the ARLC, I’d make sure my paper-loss was significant also.

Spot on

• @:

@:

If I was part of a system that is trying to milk money from the ARLC, I’d make sure my paper-loss was significant also.

Spot on

Who gives a toss? NRL clubs have been setup forever and a day to be funded by leagues clubs. It is only recent years clubs have even bothered to try and turn a profit from the football club and most still don’t. If you take away the primary income from any business the balance sheet is going to look bad.

• Sloth has an agender

• That has to be since inception right ??

I thought last year was our first year we Made profit ?

• Those post match beers and pizzas sure added up after a while

• @:

Rothfield hates our club, particularly our Chairwoman.

Don’t believe a word he says.

Has anyone seen his ladder prediction in the Saturday Tele?

Sharks 1st
    Tigers 15th

• @:

That has to be since inception right ??

No, it specifically said it was just in 2016, although I’m sure the current management would like you to think we made a profit.

We’ve only once gone close to breaking even once (around 2011/2012), but like most other clubs in the NRL, we’ve run at a loss every other year and relied on our Leagues Clubs to find the losses.

But we can just ignore it I guess because we don’t like the journo and it doesn’t fit the narrative that most people have around the new board and management.

• @:

@:

No, it specifically said it was just in 2016, although I’m sure the current management would like you to think we made a profit.

We’ve only once gone close to breaking even once (around 2011/2012), but like most other clubs in the NRL, we’ve run at a loss every other year and relied on our Leagues Clubs to find the losses.

But we can just ignore it I guess because we don’t like the journo and it doesn’t fit the narrative that most people have around the new board and management.

I think they’ve spent a lot of money on the football department with new positions. As long as Wests were aware of the extra spending and were prepared to cover the loss with the leagues club grant then theres no problem.
    Hopefully Wests are looking to pump more money into the club.

• @:

@:

@:

I think they’ve spent a lot of money on the football department with new positions. As long as Wests were aware of the extra spending and were prepared to cover the loss with the leagues club grant then theres no problem.

There’s the thing gallagher,the Wests Group are a very smart and financially strapped company,if they keep backing the WTs we will be in a great position in a couple of years…all this cap and money problems are a panic station or knee jerk reaction at the moment,things will definitely work out for the better for us as a club…

• @:

@:

@:

@:

There’s the thing gallagher,the Wests Group are a very smart and financially strapped company,if they keep backing the WTs we will be in a great position in a couple of years…all this cap and money problems are a panic station or knee jerk reaction at the moment,things will definitely work out for the better for us as a club…

I hope so. I said at the time of them taking ownership that it is pointless doing so unless they are willing to inject some serious cash into the joint. Its looking good so far. A bit more noise about the COE would be good.

• @:

I hope so. I said at the time of them taking ownership that it is pointless doing so unless they are willing to inject some serious cash into the joint. Its looking good so far. A bit more noise about the COE would be good.

Am I the only one surprised the club hasn’t ponied up for some decent training facilities? Or is that all on hold at the moment?

Recent Topics