Possession.....possession ...possession

I know that the refereeing was woeful tonight ……very questionable. However, you just cant allow an opposition of ANY quality THAT MUCH POSSESSION.

Sure we have a multitude of talent out injured, and the boys defended EXTREMELY well , BUT…

I am sure the Tigers are Premiership Contenders…BUT…

We gotta get AT LEAST 45 percent of the ball !!! How do they turn it around ???

Someone has to put their hand up for the failure to secure a decent share of the ball.

Still …the boys had a realy good dig against the Dogs & Maxwell & Friends !!!

:sign:

We certainly didn’t make it easy for ourselves tonight, huh?

@Juro:

We certainly didn’t make it easy for ourselves tonight, huh?

To say Im dissapointed is an understatement. I reckon if the boys had layed on a try before half time we would have rolled them.,
😢

same tigerdazz, im pretty dissapointed too. If we had of won tonight i reckon finally i would have gotten a few idiots (my mates) off my back after the defencive display in the first half. It doesnt matter that the tigers were equal first going into this round they still have the reputation to people i know that they are pretenders. kills me. i wont even start on how i still cop flack over 2005 being a fluke! just leaves me shaking my head. especially when half my mates (grew up in the 80’s) and are parra fans……

No possession in the first half was thanks mainly to Maxwell. That guy is atrocious. I actually think he is biased against us. He just seems to ignore the rule book when it comes to us - Marshall tackled without the ball, penalising Gibbs for laying on the player after dominant tackle was called, giving them 6 again when we didn’t come within cooee of the ball. The lists goes on….
We tackled our hearts out and were gone by half time. That it was only 6 nil, and that from a fluky kick and possible knock on, was a real testament to our defence.
I’m prepared to right the second half off. After last weeks effort in the heat, the first half defence tonight and team changes resulted in lots of dropped ball and poor decisions in attack - non effectual kicks and trying to score on every play. I’ll put that down to fatigue.
There were just too many things against us.
I think we just have to pick ourselves up and start planning for next week - we have an 8 day turnaround so should be better prepared and hopefully Galloway will be back. Not sure what to do at 7. Blake had a really disappointing debut. I feel for the guy, but am also not sure if he is up to it yet.
Must admit though, the thought did cross my mind to take Maxwell out at the end of the game. A lifetime ban would almost be worth sidelining him for a while. I really hope the Tigers make some sort of official complaint at least. He really has got it in for us.

@prattenpark:

No possession in the first half was thanks mainly to Maxwell. That guy is atrocious. I actually think he is biased against us. He just seems to ignore the rule book when it comes to us - Marshall tackled without the ball, penalising Gibbs for laying on the player after dominant tackle was called, giving them 6 again when we didn’t come within cooee of the ball. The lists goes on….
We tackled our hearts out and were gone by half time. That it was only 6 nil, and that from a fluky kick and possible knock on, was a real testament to our defence.
I’m prepared to right the second half off. After last weeks effort in the heat, the first half defence tonight and team changes resulted in lots of dropped ball and poor decisions in attack - non effectual kicks and trying to score on every play. I’ll put that down to fatigue.
There were just too many things against us.
I think we just have to pick ourselves up and start planning for next week - we have an 8 day turnaround so should be better prepared and hopefully Galloway will be back. Not sure what to do at 7. Blake had a really disappointing debut. I feel for the guy, but am also not sure if he is up to it yet.
Must admit though, the thought did cross my mind to take Maxwell out at the end of the game. A lifetime ban would almost be worth sidelining him for a while. I really hope the Tigers make some sort of official complaint at least. He really has got it in for us.

Yeah……Maxwell reminded me of a certain G. Hartley in his interpretation of the game. ( @ Lidcome Wests v Manly )

Possession was almost dead even I thought. Bulldogs were just far better with the ball.

@Danos:

Possession was almost dead even I thought. Bulldogs were just far better with the ball.

Sure you were watching the same game.
I think you will find it was something like 60-40 in the first half. Tigers had no ball. And, about 52-48 overall. We made 327 tackles to their 275. And, that was on top of last weeks effort.

Our defence was tops but we lost the game ourselves with stupid attack dumb passes and dumb plays we sort of went back to a few years ago and the crazy Tiger plays come out Benji went back to his old self tonight and just little things like failing to find touch it just looked very 2007-08-09 to me

@TIGER:

Our defence was tops but we lost the game ourselves with stupid attack dumb passes and dumb plays we sort of went back to a few years ago and the crazy Tiger plays come out Benji went back to his old self tonight and just little things like failing to find touch it just looked very 2007-08-09 to me

i have to agree with you.
we hardly finished off a set well all game.

wests-tigers did not have alot of the ball.
when they did, it was not controlled , as well as it has been in previous games this season.
this will no doubt be sorted out during the week at training.
as for the ref, would be fun to see Tim speak his mind, give the entire ref board/committee a massive spray, and I for one , would glady donate some money to help pay for the $10k fine.

Missing the touch line from a penalty really hurt alot

I thought it was a slow game with slow play the balls which doesn’t suit.

And a someone mentioned our kicking game was ordinary.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme