How will the loss of Simona affect the team

• I think that with loss of Tim Simona we will lose some pace. I can not see any other players that have pace apart from Brooks, Moses and Tedesco in our team. How do you guys think his loss will affect the team?

• I think the team will be relieved that we won’t be leaking points on his side intentionally.

• What I would like to know…will we have any cap space to chase a player like Davis from the Titians, a robust centre who can kick goals who has been told he can look else where, or will Simona’s contract just eat up our salary cap mess???.

Back to your question, our backline has to be weaker in the short term, but long term we have some very good kids who are not far off NRL standard

• I’m more worried about the psychological affect his loss will have, rather than the loss of his physical presence. They’re a tight unit though, and the way they handled themselves on the field during the Farah fiasco last year gives me confidence they’ll be okay.

• @:

What I would like to know…will we have any cap space to chase a player like Davis from the Titians, a robust centre who can kick goals who has been told he can look else where, or will Simona’s contract just eat up our salary cap mess???.

Titans rookie Nathan Davis set to leave to join rival NRL club
    TRAVIS MEYN, The Courier-Mail
    February 27, 2017 8:16pm

THE revolving door at the Gold Coast Titans is about to swing again with talented youngster Nathan Davis set to walk out on the verge of the NRL season. Davis has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs and is expected to be granted an immediate release if he can secure a new deal.

The 21-year-old played in both of the Gold Coast’s pre-season trial matches and was a contender for a round 1 berth against the Roosters at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday. Instead, he may have played his last game for the Titans and could be suiting up for a rival club within days.

• @:

@:

What I would like to know…will we have any cap space to chase a player like Davis from the Titians, a robust centre who can kick goals who has been told he can look else where, or will Simona’s contract just eat up our salary cap mess???.

THE revolving door at the Gold Coast Titans is about to swing again with talented youngster Nathan Davis set to walk out on the verge of the NRL season. Davis has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs and is expected to be granted an immediate release if he can secure a new deal.

The 21-year-old played in both of the Gold Coast’s pre-season trial matches and was a contender for a round 1 berth against the Roosters at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday. Instead, he may have played his last game for the Titans and could be suiting up for a rival club within days.

Would love to have him here

• Well it will be good to see a centre not take dumb are decisions as much as he did. Whether they were bonehead or financial decisions.

• He was a skilled player but overall we have to be better off I would think. If what’s being said is true he was effectively betting against us with the power to contribute to that result. In that case we’re better off having someone there we can rely on, not giving an advantage to his opposition.

• @:

Well it will be good to see a centre not take dumb are decisions as much as he did. Whether they were bonehead or financial decisions.

Did you watch the idiot on the other side of the field for every poor option Simona made the witches hat would have made 10.

• He had loads of talent didn’t he. But if he wasn’t 100% giving his all every game then I’d rather him gone. The upside is it creates an opportunity for someone to give their all & hopefully take their chance in the top grade.

This team isn’t perfect but they’ve shown some resilience more often than not during the whole JTvRF media beat-up (which is hopefully on its last legs).

• @:

@:

I would love for him to end up here this year, don’t like our chances but I can dream.

• Don’t think we will be signing anyone until we shed players. The NRL was going to prevent Taylor & Idris from playing until the Simona mess unfolded. How good is Davis? Is he a player that should be signed for multiple years and be considered a lock in to fill a position?
    If not, don’t bother making an offer. Why dig a deeper cap hole, the club will need to make do with what they have and start some longer term planning to manage the cap mess that currently exists

• ForumSupporter

@:

Don’t think we will be signing anyone until we shed players. The NRL was going to prevent Taylor & Idris from playing until the Simona mess unfolded. How good is Davis? Is he a player that should be signed for multiple years and be considered a lock in to fill a position?
    If not, don’t bother making an offer. Why dig a deeper cap hole, the club will need to make do with what they have and start some longer term planning to manage the cap mess that currently exists

Was there anything official on that from the NRL…?

• Im angry with him. I liked him for some reason despite the hot and cold performances. Now I know that he was a cheat.

I feel betrayed.

The team needs everyone to be solid.

• @:

I’m more worried about the psychological affect his loss will have, rather than the loss of his physical presence. They’re a tight unit though, and the way they handled themselves on the field during the Farah fiasco last year gives me confidence they’ll be okay.

Yeah that’s the biggest concern for me as well GNR

I know that Tim’s well being is important , but I hope the hold off until Monday before making an announcement on Tim future

Recent Topics