Paul Kent NRL 360

• Normally don’t mind Paul Kent on this tv show, he usually at least speaks his mind without worrying about being an NRL puppet like other RL personalities.
    But on last night’s episode he came up with a couple of the most unbelievable comments I have heard in a while.

• Performance-enhancing drug cheats (ie Sharks) aren’t as bad as Simona because “at least they are cheating with the aim to make themselves better, not worse”. Just WOW on that statement!
    • On Jarrad Mullen taking performance-enhancing drugs……“you could almost forgive him for doing it so he can stay healthy enough to continue to play in the NRL” . Righteo.

By his logic I can just picture a pro golfer getting caught cheating by kicking a ball out of the bush…“hey c’mon commissioner, give me a break I was only cheating to make my score better, not worse!”
    And Lance Armstrong was obviously not doing anything wrong in those Tour De France races he won either :brick:

What a load.

• I see his point
    If tim was punting on himself to be FTS, hed have much more sympathy here
    I guess there are varying degrees of cheating

• Yeah he has a point in a weird way. Maybe he messed up in how he worded it. Betting against your team has a complete different, uglier stigma to taking performance enhancing drugs.

• i suppose you cant commentate on footy without sometimes dividing your listening public.

simonas actions destroy the idea of teamwork and mate against mate,which is unaustralian.fancy playing next to you in the centres is a bloke running dead.

on this occassion i can agree with kent.

• @:

Normally don’t mind Paul Kent on this tv show, he usually at least speaks his mind without worrying about being an NRL puppet like other RL personalities.
    But on last night’s episode he came up with a couple of the most unbelievable comments I have heard in a while.

• Performance-enhancing drug cheats (ie Sharks) aren’t as bad as Simona because “at least they are cheating with the aim to make themselves better, not worse”. Just WOW on that statement!
    • On Jarrad Mullen taking performance-enhancing drugs……“you could almost forgive him for doing it so he can stay healthy enough to continue to play in the NRL” . Righteo.

By his logic I can just picture a pro golfer getting caught cheating by kicking a ball out of the bush…“hey c’mon commissioner, give me a break I was only cheating to make my score better, not worse!”
    And Lance Armstrong was obviously not doing anything wrong in those Tour De France races he won either :brick:

What a load.

I’m totally in agreement with you on this FTB.
    Kent’s comments that some cheating is ‘understandable’ is a crock. Whether Simona’s alleged crime is worse than the cheating at Cronulla or elsewhere is personal opinion. But no cheating is understandable or excusable.

• I coudnt understand he reasoning in regards to Mullen. He cheated, end of story.

But I get what he was saying about the difference in backing you opposition to taking drugs, I think he just put it awkwardly.

• I think he got it right, in a weird way.

• I could forgive one of our players for performance enhancing drugs because you know he was at least trying to win. Hard to forgive a player who set out to sabotage your team for his own personal gain.

• @:

I could forgive one of our players for performance enhancing drugs because you know he was at least trying to win. Hard to forgive a player who set out to sabotage your team for his own personal gain.

I think that would be the case with most fans and its what they mean when they talk about the integrity of the game.
    Integrity may not be the best word for it though.

• @:

@:

I could forgive one of our players for performance enhancing drugs because you know he was at least trying to win. Hard to forgive a player who set out to sabotage your team for his own personal gain.

I think that would be the case with most fans and its what they mean when they talk about the integrity of the game.

I can’t agree with this at all. These cheats who use P.E. drugs are doing so either because they aren’t good enough to compete without them, or to be better than the rest who are playing ‘clean’. As a cyclist, I have very definite views on this probably because these P.E. drugs have been so prominent in road cycling for so long. And it sucks. It sucks for those who are trying to compete on their own merits, and it sucks for the fans because they can’t be sure that a competitor is performing on their own merit.
    In short, it is ‘stealing’ the truth from everyone.
    So to say that it is O.K for competitors to use these drugs because they are just trying to be better is absolute codswallop. It’s a cop-out.
    They are cheats and should be drummed out of whichever sport it is that they are competing in.
    As for Simona and his alleged crime - if found guilty he should be rubbed out of the game forever. However, I do believe the club should (and hope that they will), work with Tim regardless of the findings of the investigation, and make sure he is OK from a wellfair point of view.

• Well said yeti. Cheating is cheating- there is not a good or excusable form of it. Simona has reportedly done a real dog act, but it isn’t any worse than taking PE drugs to gain an unfair advantage. Looks like it is going to be totally different punishment for Tim and the cheating Cronulla scum.
    Can see some members (pardon the pun) on here cheating on their missus and saying “don’t worry love, it wasn’t in very far”. Good luck with that!

• @:

@:

@:

I can’t agree with this at all. These cheats who use P.E. drugs are doing so either because they aren’t good enough to compete without them, or to be better than the rest who are playing ‘clean’. As a cyclist, I have very definite views on this probably because these P.E. drugs have been so prominent in road cycling for so long. And it sucks. It sucks for those who are trying to compete on their own merits, and it sucks for the fans because they can’t be sure that a competitor is performing on their own merit.
    In short, it is ‘stealing’ the truth from everyone.
    So to say that it is O.K for competitors to use these drugs because they are just trying to be better is absolute codswallop. It’s a cop-out.
    They are cheats and should be drummed out of whichever sport it is that they are competing in.
    As for Simona and his alleged crime - if found guilty he should be rubbed out of the game forever. However, I do believe the club should (and hope that they will), work with Tim regardless of the findings of the investigation, and make sure he is OK from a wellfair point of view.

Youve massively missed the point

• Surely players who take performance enhancing drugs are influencing the result of the game. Yes they are trying to influence the result in their favour but its still a form of match fixing - especially when a number of players from one team are doing it.

• @:

Well said yeti. Cheating is cheating- there is not a good or excusable form of it. Simona has reportedly done a real dog act, but it isn’t any worse than taking PE drugs to gain an unfair advantage. Looks like it is going to be totally different punishment for Tim and the cheating Cronulla scum.
    Can see some members (pardon the pun) on here cheating on their missus and saying “don’t worry love, it wasn’t in very far”. Good luck with that!

You can’t be serious?
    You don’t know how “trying to win and better yourself” is as bad as “Letting guys score against you and your team so you can make a few bucks”
    I’ve heard it all….

Regarding his comments about Mullen - The guy has been injured forever…
    He was trying to get back to “Simply being able to play” - Wasn’t like he shot up just before the Grand Final.
    There’s a difference in both comments - Your comprehension seems to need adjustment…

• @:

@:

Well said yeti. Cheating is cheating- there is not a good or excusable form of it. Simona has reportedly done a real dog act, but it isn’t any worse than taking PE drugs to gain an unfair advantage. Looks like it is going to be totally different punishment for Tim and the cheating Cronulla scum.

You can’t be serious?
    You don’t know how “trying to win and better yourself” is as bad as “Letting guys score against you and your team so you can make a few bucks”
    I’ve heard it all….

Regarding his comments about Mullen - The guy has been injured forever…
    He was trying to get back to “Simply being able to play” - Wasn’t like he shot up just before the Grand Final.
    There’s a difference in both comments - Your comprehension seems to need adjustment…

So if shooting up to ‘be able to play’ then gets him to the grand final it suddenly becomes wrong?
    Beats me why people stick up for some cheats and not others.

Recent Topics