Rain factor

• Rain expected for tonight’s match, which side in your opinion benefits the most?

If Reynolyds was playing he would’ve been crucial with his kicking game in this weather but I feel Robbie also controls the game well in wet condotions. I think the halves tonight will need to be on their game and it’s not good to hear that they both are under injury clouds.

I’m tipping tigers by 14, but it’ll be a messy one!

• Rain will bring the teams together and I think will suit Souths more than us. Could be wrong, and in the past we have had some really good wins in the wet, a Storm game a few years ago comes to mind and a Manly game. I just think our two strike weapons, Teddy and Moses will not be so effective on a wet track. It also narrows the field by about 10 meters, so the defensive structures have less space to defend

• It’s a bit of a concern. I’d be all over us if it were a dry track, but the rain evens things up imo.

• No idea if i am reading it correctly, but i think Homebush Bay is only suppose to shower come kick off.

• Banned

@:

Rain will bring the teams together and I think will suit Souths more than us. Could be wrong, and in the past we have had some really good wins in the wet, a Storm game a few years ago comes to mind and a Manly game. I just think our two strike weapons, Teddy and Moses will not be so effective on a wet track. It also narrows the field by about 10 meters, so the defensive structures have less space to defend

Narrowing the field by ten meters will be to our advantage 😉

• I don’t have data on weather conditions but Tigers are historically a far better winning prospect on a Sunday arvo, which is typically light and dry. We do worse under lights, and this I would put down to dew rather than some sort of issue with darkness.

That’s not to say we haven’t had some good wins in the rain, I think it definitely cuts down on the ability for teams to exploit a strong forwards platform / ruck domination, which suits us. But we like to move the footy around so rain obviously hampers that.

I agree it brings both teams together and arguably if a few balls get dropped early, being round 1, both teams will get a bit conservative, so I am not anticipating a whirlwind match.

• @:

@:

Rain will bring the teams together and I think will suit Souths more than us. Could be wrong, and in the past we have had some really good wins in the wet, a Storm game a few years ago comes to mind and a Manly game. I just think our two strike weapons, Teddy and Moses will not be so effective on a wet track. It also narrows the field by about 10 meters, so the defensive structures have less space to defend

Narrowing the field by ten meters will be to our advantage

Maybe from a defensive point of view, but I don’t think Souths would try to go around us, I think they will target the middle and the edges. From our attacking point of view, limits our sweep plays dramatically. Anyway I guess our defence is our weakness so your right if you mean we can get more men in a smaller area

• It will certainly suit big centre/wingers like Idris and Suli and goalkicking will become an important but if Rankin is out who will be doing our goalkicking?

• @:

It will certainly suit big centre/wingers like Idris and Suli and goalkicking will become an important but if Rankin is out who will be doing our goalkicking?

You’d have to assume Moses will. Though with his bung leg it could go to Tedesco. Is it true Suli kicks? Not that they’d give him that responsibility.

• When I think of wet games I just go back to last years game against the chooks. We for some unknown reason thru the ball around like it was a dry.
    Was also the game that our forwards got owned by the chooks. I trust our coach has our forwards up for this one cause it will go a long way to winning this one.

• @:

When I think of wet games I just go back to last years game against the chooks. We for some unknown reason thru the ball around like it was a dry.
    Was also the game that our forwards got owned by the chooks. I trust our coach has our forwards up for this one cause it will go a long way to winning this one.

That’s a good point actually. We stuck with them the whole way.

• Lucky me I get to sit up the top out of the rain.

• I’ll be getting soaked at the SFS watching Sydney FC.

• Banned

@:

@:

When I think of wet games I just go back to last years game against the chooks. We for some unknown reason thru the ball around like it was a dry.

Stuck with them?
    My memory of that game was our pack being trampled, our goal line defence abysmal and a comfortable win for them although Teddy tried hard.

• @:

@:

@:

Stuck with them?
    My memory of that game was our pack being trampled, our goal line defence abysmal and a comfortable win for them although Teddy tried hard.

We were in it for about 70 minutes.

Recent Topics