Hit on ET

• Burgess certainly hit him with a bell ringer, but to his credit bounced right back. Inspirational stuff but gee he must be feeling it this morning!

• Champion effort from ET

• It was a ripper, not sure how he got up , let alone start running again.
    Overall , I thought that Sammy has dropped right off, but he certainly put everything into that one.

• @:

It was a ripper, not sure how he got up , let alone start running again.
    Overall , I thought that Sammy has dropped right off, but he certainly put everything into that one.

Yeah he really fired up when he saw the opportunity to mug some bloke in the back.

• Had to be close to a penalty - the initial hit was fine and around the shoulders but his arm definitely slid up and hit him in the head.

• Nah, the blood pouring out of his ear was clearly his ear bleeding in sympathy for his shoulder. 😒

Would’ve been a penalty for any other team.

• Not sure how that can be rated a great tackle when ET carried the ball another 10 meters after initial contact. One thing is for sure - ET is a tough customer.

• I thought the tackle actually hurt Burgess a fair bit. There must have been 4 or 5 occasions last night where the Souths player tried to pull off a big hit, but copped a head collision and came off worse. H Hunt was the obvious one, but looking at how Burgess slumped and ET just sprang back up, it seemed a dicey tackle.

And then Idris dropped a sledgehammer shoulder into Burgess with about 15 to go, loved that.

Gotta credit Burgess though, not at his best but still a threat, putting in every play, he’s a cut above anyone else in his pack.

Recent Topics