Two Factors Will Decide the Tigers' Destiny

• The Tigers made a promising start against a flat Rabbitohs side on Friday night but can they maintain it against tougher, more talented teams?

To my mind, two things will decide the Tigers fate in 2017 and these are;

1. ATTITUDE: They must turn up to play in every game. It was there in spades when they beat the Cowboys at Leichhardt last season but it was not present in the last round against the Raiders. We saw what happens when teams don’t turn up mentally when Saints punished the Panthers for their complacency yesterday.
    2. HEALTH: We probably fielded our strongest squad yesterday and we saw what a talented group they are. Basically, we showed that we definitely have the forwards to lay a platform and the backs who can take advantage in spectacular fashion. However, if we lose any of these players, especially one of the play makers, we will be in trouble as we don’t have the depth.

Also, I’ll add something else. If the Tigers continue in this fashion, with the team fighting hard, winning their share of games and enjoying themselves by playing an attacking, creative brand of football, I think the club will keep the ‘Big Four’, no question.

• So important for us to win plenty of games in the first half of the season. We need to be well up the ladder when the mid season grind hits us and we loose the likes of Teddy and Woods to SOO.

Early days and Souths had plenty of problems leading into the game and during the game so I am not going to get carried away, but it was a win and a very good win.

Penrith will be a big test but you would have to think we are in with a good chance

• ForumSupporter

Not concerned about Origin this year as we will only be effected for 1 Round and that is against the Sharks who you would think will be more depleted …Our BYES cover the other 2 so will be only missing our reps for 1 game… hopefully they then back up in the games following Origin…

Agree about the Attitude …we can generally get up for the bigger matches but struggle in matches against teams on our level we could or should beat…The Week to Week grind has always been an issue for Wests Tigers…a shift in training routines to more game focus and decision making under fatigue will address this I hope…

Injuries are the same for every Club …I pray to the Injury Gods every day we have a good Year…Our S & C has improved under Taylor with our soft tissue injuries appearing less and less and getting players back on the field a lot quicker and more stable than in the past…

• It all comes down to luck.
    Forget the rest of that babble above.

• @:

It all comes down to luck.

Actually “that babble above” has been an important factor for the last couple of years with player injuries far less and treated promptly and professionally …JT has done a good job with getting great s&c staff to our club…

A change of training regime is also a benefit and keeps fatigue to a minimum…

As for luck…plays a minimal part in the game,hard work,sticking to gameplans and structure win games…

• @:

@:

It all comes down to luck.

Actually “that babble above” has been an important factor for the last couple of years with player injuries far less and treated promptly and professionally …JT has done a good job with getting great s&c staff to our club…

A change of training regime is also a benefit and keeps fatigue to a minimum…

As for luck…plays a minimal part in the game,hard work,sticking to gameplans and structure win games…

Yeah it’s all great in theory and makes great forum fodder but bad luck with injuries makes or breaks a season.
    Plans, structure go out the window when people go down.
    If we lose Moses or Tedesco it’s over. End of season.

• Attitude, health, luck?
    Whatever
    Souths were tipped for a big year - the Burgess bros will stand up again. Farah the missing link for the ‘huge’ rabbitoh pack since Isaac Luke left.

The garbage to do with Crowe et al and Keary no longer present.
    They were in just about everyone’s top 8 and most top 4’s.
    Now, no GI and they are no chance. Bad Luck? Lol
    The monster pack manhandled by a pack that was only rated 15th just a day or so before? Whooda thunkit?

I do agree about attitude because it is so easy for players to just ‘turn up’ these days seeing as most of them are near millionaires.

We do have a young, talented roster and I expect some bad days but I think we will surprise many.

I still think all this contract drama will get worse and may play a part on how we end up. Woods needs to sign ASAP for mine. Captain of our club - set the example.

• Banned

@:

Attitude, health, luck?
    Whatever
    Souths were tipped for a big year - the Burgess bros will stand up again. Farah the missing link for the ‘huge’ rabbitoh pack since Isaac Luke left.

The garbage to do with Crowe et al and Keary no longer present.
    They were in just about everyone’s top 8 and most top 4’s.
    Now, no GI and they are no chance. Bad Luck? Lol
    The monster pack manhandled by a pack that was only rated 15th just a day or so before? Whooda thunkit?

I do agree about attitude because it is so easy for players to just ‘turn up’ these days seeing as most of them are near millionaires.

We do have a young, talented roster and I expect some bad days but I think we will surprise many.

I still think all this contract drama will get worse and may play a part on how we end up. Woods needs to sign ASAP for mine. Captain of our club - set the example.

As captain of our team im still confused why he hasnt put pen to paper. I know all the talk of waiting for the new salary cap, but in my mind he should be first to sign and use his influence on the rest to commit.

• @innsaneink:

Seeing Moses go for an intercept on our line when we ha d plenty of numbers there…
    The attitude of " I want a glory length of the field try" as opposed to “brick wall brick wall… stop the guy with the ball”
    That s*** me no end

Wouldn’t have mattered Ink , they had created the overlap less than 10 metres from our line but I understand your frustration

At least force the winger to the catch the pass in wet conditions by pressuring in the inside man

• It’s definitely attitude. We’ve shown we have the talent to beat any side. Just have to ensure we’re in it mentally for 80 mins each week.

• One thing will decide our destiny this season

How many points per game we concede over 24 Rds

• After watching our State Cup squad get humiliated by Wyong yesterday (42-nil). You realise how weak our squad is if any of our top team get injured

• Banned

42-nil … thats great depth.
    Dont get injured boys.

• To be fair there is a couple of guys there that are up to it. Hunt in particular and Rankin aren’t the couple that come to mind

• @:

42-nil … thats great depth.
    Dont get injured boys.

Yeah our state cup team did that early last season too…its only a matter of the team geling and I’m sure will with the players we have on offer. And I don’t think our depth is all that bad really. However the difference between 2-3 changes to our first grade roster and 4-5 would be massive.

Recent Topics