Home Grounds theory

• I was thinking about why our team like some others play most of our games at the sterile ANZ stadium and correct me if I am wrong, it’s because we are gauranteed a sum of money (around $100,000) for every game no matter what the crowd size is. Which makes sense for financial reasons.

Currently:
    Now stay with me……let’s calculate. 4 x games at ANZ Stadium amounts to $400,000 per season which goes a long way for a club like ours. The disadvantage is that there is no home ground advantage and a sterile atmosphere.

My proposed idea:
    As have other suburban clubs done, why doesn’t our club commercially maximise not one but two of our traditional suburban home grounds by finding two sponsors to put their names on both Leichhardt Oval and Campbelltown Stadium. Surely, they can get about $500,000 per annum for such an arrangement with the promise to play all our 12 home games evenly between the two grounds throughout the season.

Advantages:
    Other than re-building our tribal atmosphere, we will make more money for the club, also the team will have more of an advange on the field throughout the season and finally I believe membership numbers will increase if an arrangement like this is brokered.

A hypothetical example is we can play all our Sunday afternoon home games at the now Leichhardt Oval (which could possibly be Meriton Oval) if lighting isn’t improved. We could play all other games at Campbelltown Stadium (possibly Brydens Stadium)

Tell me what you guys think?

• We can’t sell the rights to grounds we don’t own ……

• Well practically every ground in the NRL has a sponsored name, I don’t see why the WT don’t consider this.

I

• Both LO & CSS are owned by thier respective councils I’m pretty sure

• @:

Both LO & CSS are owned by thier respective councils I’m pretty sure

😆

Bit like selling the Sydney Harbour Bridge to a Pom 😆

• @:

We can’t sell the rights to grounds we don’t own ……

As this may be true, surely the WT being the main product to utilise these 2 grounds have the smarts to engage the appropriate parties and sell the idea whereby all parties will benefit out of this.

• @:

@:

As this may be true, surely the WT being the main product to utilise these 2 grounds have the smarts to engage the appropriate parties and sell the idea whereby all parties will benefit out of this.

I dont think Cambo Council & WTs get on very well….

• @:

@:

@:

I dont think Cambo Council & WTs get on very well….

Maybe this idea will fix the relationship :slight_smile:

• ForumSupporter

CCS is owned by the Council if the sold the name they would get the money and could still charge Wests Tigers to play there …nice hypothitical though…

It is also used by the A- League now and recently another NRL Club…

• We won’t increase our corporate dollars or our crowds by playing at them either.

It’s time we grew up as a club.

• ANZ is very very convenient for me where we live but Id probably rather visit the dentist

• Can’t rename something that’s not yours. We’re spared the embarrassment of playing out of Lottoland.

Fortress Lottoland doesn’t sound so intimidating does it?

• @:

ANZ is very very convenient for me where we live but Id probably rather visit the dentist

It still takes a while for me to get to ANZ but it is much easier to get to than Leichhardt or Campbelltown.

We only have the membership so we attend all tigers games at ANZ.

• Hey guys and girls,
    New forumer here…… lifetime Tigers fan… I just wanted to say I think this is an awesome idea and the fact that we don’t own either ground has nothing to do with whether or not we can broker a deal for naming rights… Manly certainly don’t own Brookie or lottoland… Warringah council does… And without knowing for sure I’d suggest most all suburban grounds are owned by the council. In which case the deal would have to be done between the three parties. Sure it may not be easy but clearly it can be done!

• Welcome Ninj,you have just joined the greatest forum of all time,and yes your input has merits…

Recent Topics