16. Jamal Idris
    17. Jack Littlejohn

18. Joel Edwards
    19. Justin Hunt
    20. Jordan Rankin
    21. Wesley Lolo

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/03/07/nrl_team_announcemen.html

• Great!! I’m happy with an unchanged 17
    No idea why Rankin is still in the 21 considering he was marking Copley last week

• Banned

Dump Idris. Give Edwards a go.
    Idris isn’t ready and it’s just a matter of time before it’s costly.

• Consistency is good. Looking for an improved performance from Kev though & bigger involvement from Idris. Surely MCK is putting pressure on both as we can’t hold a bench spot down for a centre for too much longer surely.

• Not liking the NRLs new system on naming teams. Might as well name the whole top 25 - with 21 players named it’s still technically a guess as to who actually runs on. The timeliness is better though at least.

• @:

Great!! I’m happy with an unchanged 17
    No idea why Rankin is still in the 21 considering he was marking Copley last week

Because he can cover so many positions. Perfect guy to name in number 20 every week.

• Banned

I’d rather Idris just play a full 80 in nsw cup, wasted bench spot imo. Other than that, good team

• @:

Consistency is good. Looking for an improved performance from Kev though & bigger involvement from Idris. Surely MCK is putting pressure on both as we can’t hold a bench spot down for a centre for too much longer surely.

Well said…agree on all points

• No surprises there, good side and all that remains is getting Liddle and Ballin back on deck and match fit.

• @:

I’d rather Idris just play a full 80 in nsw cup, wasted bench spot imo. Other than that, good team

The bench looked very light on for mine, starting a centre off the bench and keeping an interchange hooker means two forwards in the rotation. The Tigers looked wrecked in the last 20 against the bunnies, and I think going without fresh forwards did them in.

But I looked at the flexibility in the starting lineup, Chee Kam can play back row, Lawrence can play centre, Sue can move to prop, ET plays all over the park. I can see how Taylor’s approaching this while continuing to baby Idris.

I’d still rather a Potter bench. Put your four biggest lads at 14-17. Simples.

• @:

Great!! I’m happy with an unchanged 17

He’s in the top 25 and will be in the extended squad most weeks due to that. I don’t know what the drama is.

• Idris is a big centre. I assume that he could play in the forwards as well.

Naiqama and Chee-Kam are going to be under pressure all year to perform.

• @:

I’d still rather a Potter bench. Put your four biggest lads at 14-17. Simples.

True that. But we need an 80 min hooker for that to work. Really hoping easing Idris into a starting spot (& then playing 80 mins) pays off. Patience is the key.

Can anyone remember if Sue & Rowdy lasted the full 80 on the edges?

• What’s up with Liddle, injured?

• Yep, Liddle picked up a shoulder injury in the finals weeks of the preseason .
    Mcllwrick has good defence. Don’t know if he can spend some minutes in the backrow once we get Ballin or Liddle back. I think Ballin could also play backrow for a short stint if some forwards are out on their feet.
    Where as Littlejohn can’t.

Recent Topics