Souths verses Manly

• Banned

I only managed to watch the second half and thought that the Bunnies were doing not very well in attack without Farah as D/H. Then he was D.H and help set up two tries beautifully. The first by judging that the opposition, near the line, were bunched up so out wide it goes, a beautiful long pass, followed by another long pass then they had the overlay on the outside. Then he backs up a distant run to the line, the only back up close by, though he is not the fastest by far, and over he goes and seemed to be loving it.
    Next near the opposition line he does his beautiful left foot grubber that is dived on and scored. And then just before the bell he goes over the line again but lost the ball and he was spitting chips. He seemed to have the game on a yoyo.

• ForumSupporter

That’s great…happy for you BBF…

• I only saw the first half, which was quite even. But when The Souths forwards got on a roll they looked dangerous, as did RF. when he went off and Cook came on they didn’t look quite as threatening. I think a lot of teams are still working out their DH mins and combos , including us.
    It’s only Melbourne and a couple of other teams that have stability in the DH role.

• Banned

I was actually lamenting during his performance that he was not in black and gold. If he can help keep South head above water without GI available then they can’t whinge.

• Certainly an improvment on his game against us last week, when he had EVERYTHING to play for, unlimited motivation and a bigger forward pack……and was pathetic and disappointing for their fans.

He will have more good games than bad games, but thankfully not with us.

• I thought Farah did ok, I still think for our style of play he gets overly involved. But I think Souths’ halves are far less dominant in attack than ours, Cody Walker seemed to benefit from some ball in space to run with, rather than being the focal point of a passing attack.

• Farah’s first half was passable. As usual, his defence was nothing to write home about but he kept his involvement in attack limited, which was a positive.

In the second half he was very good against a tired and badly beaten Manly pack.

• Are we going to have to critique every Souths / Farah game ??

Why don’t we do every ex Tigers player , Benji when he plays for Redcliffe in the Qld Cup along with Matt Groat when playing for the CQ Capras ??

We could even do ex coaches Potter as assistant at Newcastle ,Sheens in Super League

Just let it rest BBF ……,he is gone and not coming back

• @:

Farah’s first half was passable. As usual, his defence was nothing to write home about but he kept his involvement in attack limited, which was a positive.

In the second half he was very good against a tired and badly beaten Manly pack.

Yeah Manly went into that game with 2 of their 4 props out (Taupau and AFB) and were always going to struggle at the back end. They had no props on the bench either so I assume poor old Jarrad Kennedy and Lewis Brown spent time there. It was a terrible composition for a side that was obviously going to cause serious problems. They would’ve been better sending some reggies props out with simple instructions on small minutes.

• Banned

@:

Are we going to have to critique every Souths / Farah game ??

Why don’t we do every ex Tigers player , Benji when he plays for Redcliffe in the Qld Cup along with Matt Groat when playing for the CQ Capras ??

We could even do ex coaches Potter as assistant at Newcastle ,Sheens in Super League

At least he provides a focal point and as Jirskyr points a good comparison between how a player adopts different roles in different teams. The comparison between their DH is interesting. You can see a team not getting very far, about equal. Then a player comes on does good field kicks, outthinks the opposition on where to attack, does beautiful grubbers, backs up beautifully, scores himself - really doing a Thurston and the game becomes his puppet.

• @:

@:

Are we going to have to critique every Souths / Farah game ??

At least he provides a focal point and as Jirskyr points a good comparison between how a player adopts different roles in different teams. The comparison between their DH is interesting. You can see a team not getting very far, about equal. Then a player comes on does good field kicks, outthinks the opposition on where to attack, does beautiful grubbers, backs up beautifully, scores himself - really doing a Thurston and the game becomes his puppet.

I only saw the 2nd half but Cook ran them ragged , Farah got what was left of an undersized ,overwhelmed Manly side that was already beaten

If that makes him as great as Thurston in your eyes good for you

Again he is gone , nothing will change that , time to get on with the future PLEASE 🙏

• Banned

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/03/11/rd_2_sea_eagles_vrabbitohshls.af_news.html

are you sure about Cook running them ragged, I just checked out the highlights video and Farah seemed to be at DH for their every try.

BTW I only viewed the game by accident due to big other event at club at same time whereas this arvo at 3.30pm I have a definite appointment down their with mates. I didn’t even cheer once unlike when the Tigers are on fire.

• @:

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/03/11/rd_2_sea_eagles_vrabbitohshls.af_news.html

are you sure about Cook running them ragged, I just checked out the highlights video and Farah seemed to be at DH for their every try.

BTW I only viewed the game by accident due to big other event at club at same time whereas this arvo at 3.30pm I have a definite appointment down their with mates. I didn’t even cheer once unlike when the Tigers are on fire.

Positive , Robbie was just fortunate in getting the spoils

• @:

I was actually lamenting during his performance that he was not in black and gold. If he can help keep South head above water without GI available then they can’t whinge.

“MEMORIES, like the corner of my mind
    Distant water-coloured MEMORIES
    Of the way we werrrrrrrrrrre”
    I’m guessing you watch every Rabbitohs game with that song on repeat in the background.
    For Christ sake man, LET IT GO. Please.

• Banned

There are many threads here that seeing the title I have never entered I leave them in peace …I don’t torture myself and whinge about them. It seems to make me happier.

Recent Topics