Relax

• Today was disappointing no doubt but instead of everyone losing it I suggest we all go away and reconvene at the end of round 6. If we are 3 and 3 then is it so bad? If we are 1 and 5 then by all means blow up :slight_smile:

It is way to early to be calling for heads just yet. 😃

• Except things don’t look like they’re getting any better nor are the players…

But I do think things could’ve gone differently today if we had’ve made the most of our chance and got a few of those 50/50 calls.

We need to work on our missed tackles and our errors

• We looked great last week though. I also get frustrated by the inconsistency of how we play but I think that is why I am not saying too much until a little later.

• We looked great last week though. I also get frustrated by the inconsistency of how we play but I think that is why I am not saying too much until a little later.

• Banned

@:

We looked great last week though. I also get frustrated by the inconsistency of how we play but I think that is why I am not saying too much until a little later.

We did look great last week however it wasnt a true reflection of that game. They effectively had 12 men for an hour and were missing their SOO halfback. Cudos for the team exploiting this fact but they still snuck 4 tries past us which was a concern.

Today validated our fear that this side hasnt improved much since their god aweful exit from 2016. That is a real worry as there are some very strong sides in this comp who are already playing terrific footy. There is also some average sides from 2016 who seem to have worked hard on their weaknesses and are also travelling well.

You are right though, it is early days but most are criticising the effort more than anything. The effort should be at 100% at this time of the year.

• Time will tell eh Stryker?

• Id like to see our F&A in the positive by around 6.
    Penrith were thumped last week by St George and were able to turn around their defence. We should be able to do the same, with hard work and the right attitude

• I’d like to know going forward what is going to happen if Tim Grant isn’t available off the bench?
    Who’s his replacement, because it can’t be Edwards, in fact Edwards should never see first grade again.

Nothing against him he’s just not what we need, we need a PROP. Have we not got any big bodies to stup up when one is missing? Grant isn’t exactly a gun himself.

It concerns me having a team with Edwards, jlj, MCK, Idris, Suli and Kevie all on the park, they’re all pretty average footballers IMO.

• ForumSupporter

Still have more wins than Manly…

• We started off looking very good but as soon as they got tired and behind they played like their usual selves. Penrith ran really hard and at first we met them but eventually they just buckled. Just not enough toughness in the forwards aside from Taylor.

• @:

I’d like to know going forward what is going to happen if Tim Grant isn’t available off the bench?
    Who’s his replacement, because it can’t be Edwards, in fact Edwards should never see first grade again.

Nothing against him he’s just not what we need, we need a PROP. Have we not got any big bodies to stup up when one is missing? Grant isn’t exactly a gun himself.

It concerns me having a team with Edwards, jlj, MCK, Idris, Suli and Kevie all on the park, they’re all pretty average footballers IMO.

JJ Felise

• That is absurdly harsh on Suli.

• @:

That is absurdly harsh on Suli.

Yep, the young bloke put in at least when coming off our line.

• Today sucked but I’m alright. I’m not going to get caught into the bipolar trap of going from extreme highs to lows and then highs again when we win and lose. We aren’t going to be that disjointed in attack all the time, and that should ensure we are in our fair share of games. I also wouldn’t ignore the fact we played only 2 forwards in 35 degrees heat. No wonder the score ended up the way it did.

• I would rather WT spend the spare $350,000 from Simona’s de-registration on buying one or two capable first grade players, a centre/wing and second rower. Our back row is looking very dismal for a first grade side. This spare $350,000 should be spent as soon as possible this year rather than lavishing it on the big four. Aaron Woods today played terribly.

Recent Topics