Simona Cap Money

• So TimSIm is gone and good riddance.

Now we were supposedly slightly over the cap - although mayby that was just the rumour we were using to try and offload Tim Sim but we weren’t $350k over the cap mayby $50k seemd to be the story.

So this leaves us with money to spend is how I see it. Now perhaps we have already paid some of that to Suli to replace Simona in the top 25 but perhaps we have some left and we need a centre (among other things) so what do people think

I had a look at this weeks NSW and QLD cup teams to look at out of favour players as well as players likely to get pushed out of FG who want to be playing top 13 footy

In NSW Cup
    Dale Copely
    Blake Ayshford
    Matt Wright
    Jonathon Wright
    Taane Milne
    Kirisome Avanua

QLD Cup - No names stood out but as I don’t get too see them mayby their are options

Other
    Dean Whare or Peter Hiku - at least 1 of whom but prob both when Mansour comes back at Penrith and Whare ripped us apart yesterday
    Talakai who was dropped by Souths yesterday but played well against us in a loosing team

Also I am hoping the left over cash means if a player as they always seem to comes on the market we are in prime position to grab them like with Taylor last yr

• Wouldn’t touch Jonathan Wright with a ten foot bargepole. He is a worse defender than Naiqama.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the NRL counts the money under our cap anyway. They’re specials for screwing over the battler clubs.

• @:

So TimSIm is gone and good riddance.

Now we were supposedly slightly over the cap - although mayby that was just the rumour we were using to try and offload Tim Sim but we weren’t $350k over the cap mayby $50k seemd to be the story.

So this leaves us with money to spend is how I see it. Now perhaps we have already paid some of that to Suli to replace Simona in the top 25 but perhaps we have some left and we need a centre (among other things) so what do people think

I had a look at this weeks NSW and QLD cup teams to look at out of favour players as well as players likely to get pushed out of FG who want to be playing top 13 footy

In NSW Cup
    Dale Copely
    Blake Ayshford
    Matt Wright
    Jonathon Wright
    Taane Milne
    Kirisome Avanua

QLD Cup - No names stood out but as I don’t get too see them mayby their are options

Other
    Dean Whare or Peter Hiku - at least 1 of whom but prob both when Mansour comes back at Penrith and Whare ripped us apart yesterday
    Talakai who was dropped by Souths yesterday but played well against us in a loosing team

Also I am hoping the left over cash means if a player as they always seem to comes on the market we are in prime position to grab them like with Taylor last yr

It was Tyronne Peachey who did a lot of damage as our forwards tired. I’d very much like to have him in our side.

• The season is two rounds old. Bit early to be speculating about players in reserves at other clubs. We still need to address Naiqama though, enough is enough. Maybe we can stick a mannequin out there instead. He won’t take up any cap space and you know he won’t rush out of the line. That’s two advantages he’d have over Kev just off the top of my head.

• @:

The season is two rounds old. Bit early to be speculating about players in reserves at other clubs. We still need to address Naiqama though, enough is enough. Maybe we can stick a mannequin out there instead. He won’t take up any cap space and you know he won’t rush out of the line. That’s two advantages he’d have over Kev just off the top of my head.

Better to drop him and promote a player like Heleta to the first grade backline.

• The money will go towards the big 4. They will be upgraded this season as a bargaining chip to retain them for the next.

No inside source, just assuming.

• Whatever we were over and as much as i liked him, $350k for Simona is proof old management were out of control.

• Our backrow is way below NRL standard, you have to fix the forwards before spending money on the backs

• @:

Our backrow is way below NRL standard, you have to fix the forwards before spending money on the backs

Yeah I agree, I don’t think we really need anymore attacking power. We already have Teddy, Moses, Brooks (when he’s in the game), Noffa, Taylor is pretty handy etc… Definitely need to invest in our forwards. Can even afford to drop Kev and replace him with a solid defender with less attacking flair too.

• Surely we can buy a cheap (but quality) backrower and centre for the amount Simona was on. Even if it is just a 1 year deal untill some of our juniors develop.

Come on WT be wise and strengthen our weaknesses

• @:

The money will go towards the big 4. They will be upgraded this season as a bargaining chip to retain them for the next.

Agree. All we need is a big4 to spend it on! As our halfs are over paid as it is!

• @:

Whatever we were over and as much as i liked him, $350k for Simona is proof old management were out of control.

The good news is we’ve been linked to several forwards in recent weeks. It looks like the club is at least attempting to rectify it.

• @:

Our backrow is way below NRL standard, you have to fix the forwards before spending money on the backs

The good news is we’ve been linked to several back rowers over the last few weeks. A sign that the club at least recognises there is an issue and is attempting to rectify it.

• Depends what you want out of your spending. Personally, I think Lawrence is alright in the back row and I love Elijah Taylor. Probably one extra good back tower would be good.

As I have said before, we should have bought Fensom if you want a tackling machine.

I would drop Brooks before Kevvie.

When are we going to blood Paseka? That guy is huge

• @:

@:

The money will go towards the big 4. They will be upgraded this season as a bargaining chip to retain them for the next.

Agree. All we need is a big4 to spend it on! As our halfs are over paid as it is!

I would be getting rid of Brooks. Throw 700k at Widdop and there you have it.

6. Widdop
    7. Moses

Recent Topics