Nofoaluma - Contract Thread..

• ForumSupporter

Deserves his own…

TIGERS FIGHT FOR CUB

Their big four may be off-contract but that doesn’t mean Wests Tigers are going to let rivals pinch the other players they want to keep.

Last fortnight Market Watch revealed Parramatta had winger David Nofoaluma on their hit-list as they look for a replacement for rugby bound flyer Semi Radradra.

But the Tigers are determined to keep the local product, upping the ante for his signature by tabling him a new three-year-deal.

At 23, Nofoaluma is an emerging leader of the joint venture and a priority for the club with contract talks between the Tigers and his management well advanced.

Having made 65 top grade appearances, the 96 kilo winger leads the competition in offloads this season (11) and second in tackle busts (17).

Nofoaluma’s likely extension with the joint venture is timely with the Eels turning their attention to other off-contract backs due to Nofoaluma’s asking price exceeding what they are willing to pay for a winger.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-market-watch-cronullas-quiet-coup-halfs-stunning-price-tag/news-story/ad065f6773cd94da33c5230a94f210b3

• Nofoaluma should be up at the pointy end of the Tigers recruitment musts

• Nofo is a must as we all know but what does he do? Hold out like the big 4 to see who the coach is or sign on and risk playing in a side that contains
    Fullback - Heleta
    5/8 - Rankin
    HB - Hunt.

• Ok - So we are prepared to pay more than the rich clubs for a winger?
    Kyle Feldt is off contract as well - I know who I’d prefer….

Feldt is a kicker, Nof is great in attack… But the jury is still out on defence.
    Far too many tries down that edge for my liking…

• I really hope we wrap up some of these guys very soon. I love the kid, but we need more than Aloiai next year to make me feel comfortable.

• @:

Ok - So we are prepared to pay more than the rich clubs for a winger?

Feldt is a kicker, Nof is great in attack… But the jury is still out on defence.

If he has a centre inside him who could defend he could focus on worrying about the outside man.

• I’ll keep Nofo over Brooks and Moses put together , wouldn’t even blink at the thought.

Nofo is all Heart , goes about his Business without needing the attention of some others…i don’t think i’ve ever even heard his voice .

This is the order of Priority signings 1. Teddy 2. Woods 3. Nofo 4. Rankin 5. Naiqama :mrgreen: 😆
    1st 3 i’m serious.

• I think we do need to sign Rankin and Naiqama

Like you put a sign on an old piece of furniture that has had it that and you can’t be bothered taking to the dump outside your home saying FREE

• Wouldn’t be paying more than 350k for him. He’s a winger, had injury problems, and had issues under the high ball and in defence. Still a lot to prove, but does have positive aspects to his game for sure

• @:

@:

Ok - So we are prepared to pay more than the rich clubs for a winger?

If he has a centre inside him who could defend he could focus on worrying about the outside man.

Don’t disagree - But someone needs to take ownership of that edge, There’s only 3 of them out there and it’s been woeful for more than 2 seasons.

• @:

Wouldn’t be paying more than 350k for him. He’s a winger, had injury problems, and had issues under the high ball and in defence. Still a lot to prove, but does have positive aspects to his game for sure

Yeah I was thinking 350 really should be enough to secure him and I’d think long and hard before throwing too much more at him. If I was him I’d only be signing for 2 years though and backing myself to become a more complete winger with the skillset to present as a genuine fullback option for a rival club.

• They shud keep him great player it’s about time they beefed up the centres maybe idris can,t you see this the monster charging smaller outside backs Taylor shude look at this option

• @:

@:

Wouldn’t be paying more than 350k for him. He’s a winger, had injury problems, and had issues under the high ball and in defence. Still a lot to prove, but does have positive aspects to his game for sure

Yeah I was thinking 350 really should be enough to secure him and I’d think long and hard before throwing too much more at him. If I was him I’d only be signing for 2 years though and backing myself to become a more complete winger with the skillset to present as a genuine fullback option for a rival club.

I sharnt be complaining if we get him for 3.

• @:

I think the value of a good “hit-up” winger has increased. Especially with our pack, a good start to the set can be vital.

• The most concerning issue is the comment that his asking price exceeds what the Eels are prepared to pay for a winger. Perhaps we should look around ourselves for wingers with pace.

Recent Topics