Taumalolo got two weeks

• I can’t believe this ……really

How did the NRL grade that as a shoulder charge to start with …

The people in charge of this game just get worse and worse and have no clue

So basically what the NRL is telling players is if you aren’t quite ready to tackle someone just leave them alone

Taumalolo is square on to the defender , doesn’t turn his shoulder and you can see his arm starting to rise for fridge sake

Oh well , when he joins the NFL instead of WT’s in 2018 you know who to blame

• ForumSupporter

Joke…

Changed the rules after Ennis and Wighton debacles …

• Mate I knew that was at least 2 weeks before seeing a single replay and I reckon he did too. That’s just the rule these days…

• @:

Mate I knew that was at least 2 weeks before seeing a single replay and I reckon he did too. That’s just the rule these days…

He only got 2 weeks because he pleaded not guilty , watch the replay Nelson , you see the arm raising when you do slow it down

• @:

@:

Mate I knew that was at least 2 weeks before seeing a single replay and I reckon he did too. That’s just the rule these days…

He only got 2 weeks because he pleaded not guilty , watch the replay Nelson , you see the arm raising when you do slow it down

Forget about the indicators it was a shoulder charge because he made direct physical contact with his shoulder, which he dropped and led with. It was a textbook hit that Steve Matai would have been proud of. I love seeing them but you can’t ban shoulder charges in a game and allow players to get away with hits like that (in my view anyway…)

• @:

@:

@:

Forget about the indicators it was a shoulder charge because he made direct physical contact with his shoulder, which he dropped and led with. It was a textbook hit that Steve Matai would have been proud of. I love seeing them but you can’t ban shoulder charges in a game and allow players to get away with hits like that (in my view anyway…)

The NRL allowed Wighton to get away with his shoulder charge on Joel Edwards last season……a hit that had much more intent in it and caused way more damage to the bloke on the receiving end (pretty sure Edwards left the field and never returned that day). The NRL is a debacle from top to bottom. You only have to look at the clueless clowns at NRL headquarters to see the running of the game is just a wishy-washy, make-it-up-as-you-go lottery of ineptness.
    Hope the tables are turned this week and Edwards annihilates Wighton with a shoulder charge- he would get 7 weeks for it though I’m guessing. Different strokes for different folks in the good ol’ NRL.

• Hope the tables are turned this week and Edwards annihilates Wighton with a shoulder charge- he would get 7 weeks for it though I’m guessing

That would be win/win for many on here

I’d enjoy it

• @:

Hope the tables are turned this week and Edwards annihilates Wighton with a shoulder charge- he would get 7 weeks for it though I’m guessing

I’d enjoy it

😆 😆

7 weeks plus another 4 for general uselessness!

I cannot see how Taumalolo didn’t get off his charge. Take the Wighton footage into the judiciary, throw it on the table, say “I rest my case” and sit back whilst cracking open a longneck.

• ForumSupporter

@:

@:

Hope the tables are turned this week and Edwards annihilates Wighton with a shoulder charge- he would get 7 weeks for it though I’m guessing

I’d enjoy it

😆 😆

I cannot see how Taumalolo didn’t get off his charge. Take the Wighton footage into the judiciary, throw it on the table, say “I rest my case” and sit back whilst cracking open a longneck.

They changed what defines a shoulder charge is why…after Ennis and Wighton got off…No longer is separation of the arm from the body gets you off…You need to be making a genuine attempt to wrap the arms in the tackle…If you brace yourself and lead with the shoulder it is deemed a shoulder charge which is what Taumalolo did…

• @:

@:

@:

I’d enjoy it

😆 😆

They changed what defines a shoulder charge is why…after Ennis and Wighton got off…No longer is separation of the arm from the body gets you off…You need to be making a genuine attempt to wrap the arms in the tackle…If you brace yourself and lead with the shoulder it is deemed a shoulder charge which is what Taumalolo did…

Well I reckon between high tackles and shoulder charges Taupau will be flat out playing 16 games this season

• ForumSupporter

@:

@:

@:

@:

I’d enjoy it

😆 😆

Well I reckon between high tackles and shoulder charges Taupau will be flat out playing 16 games this season

I offered to take Marty…get used to that Red Dot… 😆

• Banned

Very weak decision to ban him for a classic hit THAT DID NOT break the current rules re; shoulder charges.

• ForumSupporter

NRL statement on shoulder charge

Sat 04 Feb, 2017, 7:00am
    NRL
    EMAIL PRINT
    NRL statement on shoulder charge

The definition of a shoulder charge has been changed for the 2017 Telstra Premiership to make it clearer and simpler for fans and players.

As part of a change to the Judiciary and Match Review system, a player will be charged if:

• The contact is forceful, and;
    • The player did not use, or attempt to use, his arms (including his hands) to tackle or otherwise take hold of the opposing player.

NRL Head of Football Brian Canavan said the amendment clarified and simplified the definition of a shoulder charge.

“This change will make it easier for everyone involved in the game to understand what does and does not constitute a shoulder charge,” Mr Canavan said.

“Clearly there were instances in 2016 when the Match Review Committee and the Judiciary had differing views of whether or not a shoulder charge had been used, and that made it difficult for players, Clubs and our supporters to understand the guidelines around the offence.”

The change to the definition of a shoulder charge was made following recommendation from the NRL Competition Committee, on advice from the Judiciary Chairman.

The following base penalty points system will now apply:

• Grade One Shoulder Charge: 200 points
    • Grade Two Shoulder Charge: 350 points
    • Grade Three Shoulder Charge: 500 points

“As a game, we are committed to outlawing the shoulder charge, and we believe these changes will make it easier for us to do so,” Mr Canavan said.

"We have undertaken extensive research into the risks of shoulder charges and we will not deviate from our desire to eradicate the practise from the game.

“Should a player make forceful contact and in the process fail to use or attempt to use his arms to do so, he will be charged with a shoulder charge.”

For the new table of offences and gradings, please click here.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-on-shoulder-charge/tabid/10871/newsid/103470/default.aspx

• @:

@:

@:

@:

😆 😆

I offered to take Marty…get used to that Red Dot… 😆

What 3 props do you have ??

• @:

I can’t believe this ……really

How did the NRL grade that as a shoulder charge to start with …

The people in charge of this game just get worse and worse and have no clue

So basically what the NRL is telling players is if you aren’t quite ready to tackle someone just leave them alone

Taumalolo is square on to the defender , doesn’t turn his shoulder and you can see his arm starting to rise for fridge sake

Oh well , when he joins the NFL instead of WT’s in 2018 you know who to blame

I thought he was stiff on that one. but im probably biased Ive got him sitting on my bench for supercoach for the next two weeks

Recent Topics