Sharks options

• We should be looking at the sharks and what they have to offer. Honestly they have so much talent and a bit of depth as well.

Players I’d look at (in order):

1. Wade Graham: realistic chance - low

Absolute workhorse, honestly would fit this team perfectly would love him at the tigers, just the player we need. Doubt he’d come due to his loyalty to the sharks and the amount of $ it would take. But you can always try!

2. Jack Bird: realistic chance - mid

Been saying for a while now, sign this boy up at 6. Moses and Bird would form such a good combo, Moses controls the ruck which he thrives off and Bird giving it off too teddy in space. Throw 800k a year and you’ll get him, need to offer him that no.6.

3. James Maloney/ Chad Townsend: realistic chance - low

Well if they sign Bird up it’ll be at 6 and not at fullback mainly because Holmes has that spot locked up. It’s either Maloney or Townsend leaves, I’d prefer Maloney, he can kick goals too.

4. Luke Lewis: realistic chance - high

I reckon if we offer decent money and sharks don’t offer him a contract he’ll be at the tigers in 2018, would offer plenty of experience in this pack and would add some much needed grunt.

5. Luke Capewell : realistic chance: mid

Great player, very young and can run and hit hard, also a decent goal kicker would add some skill to the pack.

6. Chris Heignton: realistic chance : high

Same with Lewis, if we offer a reasonable contract and sharks decide not to re sign them. I reckon they’d end up her, much higher chance of Chris joining cause he’s a tigers legend. Chris would be a great buy imo

Thoughts???

• Heighington will be 35. No thanks.

Lewis is too old as well imo.

Bird, Maloney and Graham are buckley’s and none of coming here.

• If we signed a quality coach we could nab them. In our current time state no.

I would love to sign Graham. I would sign Bird to play 6 outside of Moses and let Brooks go.

• @:

Heighington will be 35. No thanks.

Lewis is too old as well imo.

Bird, Maloney and Graham are buckley’s and none of coming here.

Correct

• Only way we could afford to even make a play for Bird is if we were willing to let Tedesco and Woods go, and I doubt many of us would be willing to do that.

• No chance on Graham, Maloney and Townsend.

Lewis and Heighington (too old) - how many times would we have to get rid of Heighno (one ball for him and one for the rest of the team - Tigers legend? (a word far too readily used).

Capewell is not as good as Brooks.

With Bird - too much money for too little return.
    Could just as easily play Moses half and JLJ as 5/8 for the same result.

Leave the Sharks to themselves I’d say.

• @:

No chance on Graham, Maloney and Townsend.

Lewis and Heighington (too old) - how many times would we have to get rid of Heighno (one ball for him and one for the rest of the team - Tigers legend? (a word far too readily used).

Comparing Littlejohn’s ability to Bird … that’s a stretch Russell.

• @:

He never played for the Tigers!!

• @:

Why are you comparing Capewell to Brooks? Capewell is a second rower who can play centre. I’d be happy to sign him but he likes it at the Sharks unfortunately…

• Strangely enough the only players which could improve Wests Tigers playing staff have a low realistic chance of coming to the club. On the other hand the players which Wests Tigers don’t need have a high realistic chance of coming to the club. Even stranger is that good players (irrespective of their club) who could transfer to other clubs in 2018 will be asking for very exorbitant amounts far in excess than has ever occurred, I fear that the 2018 cap will be fool’s gold for clubs (they won’t get the value they thought for the money they spend) and a bonanza payout for good players wanting to transfer.

• @:

@:

Why are you comparing Capewell to Brooks? Capewell is a second rower who can play centre. I’d be happy to sign him but he likes it at the Sharks unfortunately…

The original poster was meant to say Kurt Capewell as Luke Capewell now plays in the queensland cup.
    Kurt will stay, he will play in Luke Lewis old position.
    Age is only a number, in my opinion we should thow up to 500k to sign both of Luke Lewis and Ryan Hoffman for swan songs at our club. We have senior leaders in every other position just not backrow. Lawrence would really develop well under these 2 as well as the younger players in bailey, masters. Gives Sue a chance back in the middle if he is signed up next year and he would be an asset off the bench with his footwork through the middle.

• @:

@:

He never played for the Tigers!!

Heighington never played for the Tigers hey Col? News to me.

• Bird and Moses would kill it together, wish we could get him.

• What about Manaia Cherrington? He is hardly setting the world on fire there.

• It is ironic when you open this thread, and the banner ad for peptides direct pops up.

Recent Topics