A template for the club

• Hope the admin have read the column this morning by Paul Kent, it says some things about teams like the Panthers and Roosters operate and how that adequacy is not enough.
    Some very pertinate things there for our club to read, sorry that there is no link for this as I’ve said before I’m almost computer illiterate except for my work programs .hope someone else can do a link, put aside club bias, and it’s good info.

• @:

Hope the admin have read the column this morning by Paul Kent, it says some things about teams like the Panthers and Roosters operate and how that adequacy is not enough.
    Some very pertinate things there for our club to read, sorry that there is no link for this as I’ve said before I’m almost computer illiterate except for my work programs .hope someone else can do a link, put aside club bias, and it’s good info.

It’s all fine and dandy when money isn’t a option.
    Penrith leagues club pokie revenue is huge, they are self sufficient.
    Roosters have sugar politis. Enough said.

If only tight fisted Harry would part with some of his billions before he hits 100 years old would help our cause.

• @:

@:

Hope the admin have read the column this morning by Paul Kent, it says some things about teams like the Panthers and Roosters operate and how that adequacy is not enough.

If only tight fisted Harry would part with some of his billions before he hits 100 years old would help our cause.

I knew that the money would be the main concern here , but its attitude that is what I talking about here.
    The club sits back and accepts garbage at times in the name of potential. And puts up with coaches that say they can do things that they cant,as well as players that aren’t worthy in some cases of a first grade jumper.

Your last sentence showed the difference between them and us.
    They have established a support network over years.
    We sit on our butts and talk about Harry being tight fisted.
    WTs or Wests Ashfield need to get out there and stir up something of our own network, rather than just hoping that Harry will drop some money in a bucket for us
    And especially , we have to stop paying overs for players who wouldn’t get anywhere the price anywhere else

• @:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/roosters/you-cant-help-but-admire-how-the-roosters-get-things-done-writes-paul-kent/news-story/6e4c23b4ebf0db05e7746830030b8eaa

It’s subscriber only but if people want to read it then google the title of the article and click the link that comes up, that seems to bypass the subscriber only setup on the DT website.

• @:

@:

@:

I knew that the money would be the main concern here , but its attitude that is what I talking about here.
    The club sits back and accepts garbage at times in the name of potential. And puts up with coaches that say they can do things that they cant,as well as players that aren’t worthy in some cases of a first grade jumper.

WTs or Wests Ashfield need to get out there and stir up something of our own network, rather than just hoping that Harry will drop some money in a bucket for us
    And especially , we have to stop paying overs for players who wouldn’t get anywhere the price anywhere else

Damn straight. I’m sick of the ‘no money’ excuse. We’re in the same market as every other sydney club. Theres no reason why we can’t be as big, rich and successful as any of them.
    The people running the club are the ones that are holding us back.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Damn straight. I’m sick of the ‘no money’ excuse. We’re in the same market as every other sydney club. Theres no reason why we can’t be as big, rich and successful as any of them.

Money is everything in the game today.
    We can’t offer 3rd party deals like the big clubs.
    Hearing that Andrew McCullough was offered 2 million in 3rd party deals to keep him just shows how far we are behind the curve financially.
    Don’t be so naive.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Hearing that Andrew McCullough was offered 2 million in 3rd party deals to keep him just shows how far we are behind the curve financially.
    Don’t be so naive.

Naive? Tell me why we couldn’t be as rich as any sydney club?

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Don’t be so naive.

Naive? Tell me why we couldn’t be as rich as any sydney club?

I’m talking about the clubs mentioned in the article. Penrith and Roosters.
    Both are financial stalwarts. Of course they don’t need to adhere to 5 year plans because they have cash to clean out and rebuild on the coaches whim.
    We don’t have a sugar daddy. Harry won’t come to our rescue if he hasn’t done so by now. He is 94 years old.
    He is good for some sponsorship which he gets back every year come tax time but that’s it.
    Our JV is a mess, I’m sure the Ashfield leagues doesn’t pull even a quarter what Penrith does on the pokies.
    We don’t have anything, Balmain are bust with zero assets.

Yeah we will never be a rich club.

• Because we’re dumb. It’s our fault we’re poor and will never be rich.
    The smart clubs are the rich clubs, it’s not like they just got lucky.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Maybe we need to start looking, acting and sounding like we want to be in the first class seats instead of being at the back of the plane next to the toilets , just makeing up the numbers.
    What is the Board doing to raise our profile and bring in people and money to assist the club
    To get to the next level ??
    Without igniting another love or hate fest, when you look at our last three Coaches, also without Looklin for excuses, or blaming personalities, just going on cold hard facts.

Sheens was way past his best as a Coach when he was terminated, and it was well overdue,some very doubtful selections were becoming his trade mark, and his refusal to drop Benjii even to set an example was part of his downfall

Potterwas a nice bloke,that everyone wanted to suceed,but wasn’t able to get anything out of a seemingly disinterested group of ordinary footballers, unfortunately most Coaches are not able to have all the players that they want, and whether we agreed with the commentor not , it was hard to say ( on the evidence that was available) that he could Coach!!
    Yes he may have had problems, but a lot of them came from the fact that he was struggling big time to run a first grade team

Then came JT with his boast that he could work with the players that were available,and his main aim was to “FIX” our defence and instead took us to equal last in the competition, during which time , he proceeded to try and palm all his problems on people who went before him.

His well documented feud with RF could have been handled more professionally by both parties
    Unfortunately it wasn’t.Taylor hasn’t to be able to improve our defence as he boasted he would ( despite getting the team further up the ladder,
    He has not been able to improve Brooks game at all, andMoses is still a week on week off proposition. His interviews in public are a mish mash at best,-

No matter how much you would like to say he’s improved the team , he is , along with Potter
    A lightweight who hasn’t usually got answers , just slogans or excuses.
    Sheens was eas undoubtedly the best of the bunch, but was over his best.

But Potter and Taylor certainly don’t make anyone have confidence that we are seriously trying to get out of the also rans seats and it’s obvious that we need Quality at whatever price it takes , before we start to pay players like Brooks and Moses any where near a million .
    A hard nosed Coach should be a priority before we throw more money at the still trainee halves.
    Maybe then the rest of the nrl will believe that we are serious and not just bringing in stopgap coaches like Potter and JT

• @:

Because we’re dumb. It’s our fault we’re poor and will never be rich.

Yeah that too. We’re mismanaged.
    I remember reading a few years back that the Canberra football club had a vast real estate portfolio in the capital and were self sufficient on rental returns. They invested their money to make more money.
    All went south for us with Benny in charge. Sold the Rozelle club for $1 to a friend and debts cleared… Sweet deal sunk us. Somehow Benny had a share.

That Rozelle site has nearly tripled its value since.

• @:

@:

I am sure comments like that would ensure he does not.
    Never satisfied - he has kept this club going for years and you call him “tight fisted” - how disrespectful!

• @:

Because we’re dumb. It’s our fault we’re poor and will never be rich.

That is right dumb dumd and dumb ….the club has been run by some very low rent types since merging …what really killed the Weststigers was the infighting in the board rooms of Wests and Balmain for a decade all the good will had been drained from the start.
    When the clubs were merged the Weststigers were sitting on a gold mine huge money given by the current admin to merge a huge fan base to work with ,massive junior pool and for what 2 board rooms ripping the fabric apart playing at 2 home grounds now 3 how ridiculous ,employing CEOs that we upgraded way above there ability ,leaving a coach in charge 5 years longer than he should of been.
    The Weststigers still have the window open for them as the memberships this year prove 14k and going up ,for me the next couple of seasons will make or break this club …if I was in control the first thing I would do is sign up to be one of the teams playing out of the new state of the art Parramatta stadium time to put down roots and finally get one home ground,and what a stadium it will be.i agree with the sentiment that our club thrives on mediocrity it is time that the right people are employed with the right attitude of result driven decisions.
    At this present moment I do not know what to think of the current Administration but I am non to happy with the seemingly non existent movements of any note in any department of the club .As the above post reflects the smart clubs move forward and create there destiny maybe having a rich old man is the worst thing the club could have always hoping a few crumbs($$) would get thrown there way instead of getting of there backsides and creating the wealth to drive this club.

• @:

@:

@:

Never satisfied - he has kept this club going for years and you call him “tight fisted” - how disrespectful!

He kept it going only through sponsorship. Name on the jersey which is tax deductible for his business Meriton apartments.
    I remember he put in a fabulous kitchen for the club. Lol.
    He could have cut a check at anytime and taken full control and ownership but never did. It won’t ever happen.

Harry is rich because he is tight fisted. It’s not a insult. It’s fact.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

He kept it going only through sponsorship. Name on the jersey which is tax deductible for his business Meriton apartments.
    I remember he put in a fabulous kitchen for the club. Lol.
    He could have cut a check at anytime and taken full control and ownership but never did. It won’t ever happen.

Harry is rich because he is tight fisted. It’s not a insult. It’s fact.

I do not think any one would say that the help from Mr Meriton was appreciated but yes it all helped his business it all was tax deductible and for the exposure for $$ probable was on the better side of the deal

Recent Topics