Week 3 other NRL games

• Banned

Was cruel last night how Panthers lost to Roosters on a forward pass in the last 6 mins approx… What were the linesman doing not picking it up - I can’t think of anything else that the officials had to look at.

• Yes thought so to, they also got a dud call earlier from the same touchie….ahh well let’s see how the Casey ‘badge’ goes today.

• how good was chris mcqueen on friday night- wish he was playing for the tigers today.even a veteran like roberts was great.

luke brookes needs to watch how ash taylor plays- but i think brooks has just about run out of chances.

• @:

Was cruel last night how Panthers lost to Roosters on a forward pass in the last 6 mins approx… What were the linesman doing not picking it up - I can’t think of anything else that the officials had to look at.

Meh, what goes around comes around……the Panthers got a break last week when our “try” at the start of the match was denied due to a pass that was ruled forward (even after the diabolical forward pass was let go in the Broncos try on the Friday night before). The great NRL lottery…although it does seem a few teams have more tickets in that lottery than others, the Roosters being a prime example, they seem to end up on the good end of dodgy calls more often than not.

• Trent Hodkinson getting sin-binned for telling the ref “you just lost us the game” was ridiculous. Yet George Burgess elbows a bloke in the face and doesn’t get sent off. How much would Manly have been paying for 13+? A motza. Wonder if Timmy Sim was on it?

• Banned

@:

@:

Meh, what goes around comes around……the Panthers got a break last week when our “try” at the start of the match was denied due to a pass that was ruled forward (even after the diabolical forward pass was let go in the Broncos try on the Friday night before). The great NRL lottery…although it does seem a few teams have more tickets in that lottery than others, the Roosters being a prime example, they seem to end up on the good end of dodgy calls more often than not.

Yes you are asking for consistency which is fair enough but that try properly disallowed did not cost the Tigers the game like the ‘illegal’ try of Roosters cost the Panthers in the dying minutes. The Panthers continued to play full on the full 80 minutes right to the bell - that what makes it so disappointing.

I hope the Tigers were made to watch the last 2 Panthers game so this arvo we can all barrack for them.

• Off topic a bit but IMO when people say “oh that disallowed try didn’t cost you the game because you got beaten by 20 etc” is misleading and sometimes probably false. Sure we got lapped last week but if that try gets let go and we get an early lead who knows what the result finishes up? Yes, good teams overcome early adversity, bad calls etc but IMO early decisions in games greatly affect the final result. The only time a decision doesn’t affect the result is if it happens when the game is already beyond doubt.
    Either way I would love for WT to be on the good end of a few Bronco-like forward pass howler decisions every once in a while, can’t remember us getting too many blatantly incorrect decisions go our way TBH.

• Banned

Recent Topics