Taumata needed next week

If fit and ready to play Taumata has to be selected on the bench forget the reggies…theres only one spark in this team and we need another as the Tigers are becoming a one man team.

Big ask after nearly no football in 2010, but I agree we need some other option other than Benji

He couldn’t be any worse then the Bloke wearing 7 last night….

Ball runner, not a ball distributor.

That and he is a tenuous returner for BRET next week. Not even set in stone yet

On the way in last night someone rang into 2SM asking about him, they knew nothing but soon after someone advised he has bone bruising on the ankle

@fergiefurr:

He couldn’t be any worse then the Bloke wearing 7 last night….

I thought Blake Lazarus went well in his first grade debut considering we had no ball Not many players step into first grade and have a blinder? Give the KID a go his defence was of a high standard except for when he and Blake Ayshford were markers and turner made a 50m break. We need to persist with him now Moltzen is out.

Match fitness will be his problem. If he’s going to be used, name him as the Tigers utility back on the bench n place of Fitzy because I doubt we’d get 80 minutes out of him in FG at the moment.

Just shows you how much we are going to miss Moltzen… 😦 Oh well i think Taumata is the answer now, he has natural ball playing ability, not afraid to take the line on… Lazarus just didnt seem to be in the game last night. Sorry but we cant afford to many slip ups if we want to make the Finals, and i dont think Lazarus is going to do it for us this season. Maybe reggies is where he is best suited to. But when Lui comes back, no doubt he will be put straight into the 7. But if that happens i would get rid of the crap utility on the bench and put Taumata on there… he would be our Ben Barba, only better 😉

Why don’t we have enough 5/8th’s already……

Your loungchair summation, after his first game in first grade, after 2 years on the sidelines in reggies, EOWT, is that we should drop him cold. Tad kneejerk wouldn’t you say?

@Delahunty:

Your loungchair summation, after his first game in first grade, after 2 years on the sidelines in reggies, EOWT, is that we should drop him cold. Tad kneejerk wouldn’t you say?

Especially considering the Tigers had little ball, struggled to hold it when they did and had no field position for the majority of the game. Any half in the comp would have struggled last night.

taumata is ayoung fit fella and will be match fit already. I like lazarus but he will become a liabilty in defence to the high ball out on the wing. He is built like a tooth pick and seems to injury prone for nrl

Taumata has not played a game in a fortnight. How wxactly is he match fit?

If the team had played even moderatley well with the ball in hand and Lazarus had had a shocker than I could understand calls for a replacement.

Lose one game and people start acting like rats on a sinking ship

if sheens is persistant with a back on the bench then yes it should be taumata, enough of daniela brown and fitzy wasting a bench spot and offering nothing when they come on in the 75th minute

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme