What has happened to our club

• I do not think a start to a season has been as bad for the entire club ever…has the bar been set that low on recruitment of coaches and support staff that the drive for success has completely disappeared in all 3 grades …is Taylor’s influences and appointments destroying our club he is the head honcho . I must say that for all the bluster and hype over certain appointments in administration this is all going pear shaped ? So does anyone know what is going on.

• With all three grades performing dismally after such a promising start and all other coaches that were under pressure getting their teams up I cannot see where the positives are at the moment. I hope the Club can put a statement out soon on what they see as the issues

• Paying 700K to have someone play for the opponents probably doesn’t help depth in the club…

Mis management over years and years. It’s not all JT’s fault our culture is just one of mediocrity, always has been.

We just need a Phil Gould to come in and make sweeping changes.

I feel we have a really soft culture. A boys club that think they are better then what they are.

• @:

With all three grades performing dismally after such a promising start and all other coaches that were under pressure getting their teams up I cannot see where the positives are at the moment. I hope the Club can put a statement out soon on what they see as the issues

What a great weekend for the Tigers. Combined score of 134 to 16 in the 3 grades. The 1 try we’ve scored in the last 2 games was from an intercept. There were a lot of schoolboy errors from everyone which leads me to think they either don’t understand what the coach wants them to do or they don’t want to do what the coach is telling them to do. Personally i think they have given up on the coach and are tanking to get rid of him. This could be the frustration talking as there has to be a reason for that performance. Anyway. back on the road, 2 hours before i get home and hammer the bourbon bottle.

• @:

With all three grades performing dismally after such a promising start and all other coaches that were under pressure getting their teams up I cannot see where the positives are at the moment. I hope the Club can put a statement out soon on what they see as the issues

What a great weekend for the Tigers. Combined score of 134 to 16 in the 3 grades. The 1 try we’ve scored in the last 2 games was from an intercept. There were a lot of schoolboy errors from everyone which leads me to think they either don’t understand what the coach wants them to do or they don’t want to do what the coach is telling them to do. Personally i think they have given up on the coach and are tanking to get rid of him. This could be the frustration talking as there has to be a reason for that performance. Anyway. back on the road, 2 hours before i get home and hammer the bourbon bottle.

• This is status quo really?

Apart from a (freaky/lucky) run in 2005 wests the only department wests have been consistent in is disapointment…right up to lote dropping that bomb.

I’m sure there will be a run an wests will will string a few nice wins together but today is just a representation of what the club is…a never been.

I like teddy, I want him to achieve all he can but I don’t know if he can do that at wests. I’m torn. The rest, an I mean THE REST of the players deserve wests.

• We did run top 4 two years in a row tigerbalm. But I agree the whole club culture stinks. When you get a bloke who earlier in the year was busted with illegal drugs slink back into first grade for Rd 3 you understand why.

• I know man but even that golden period with golden boot winning player at their prime still amounted to soft losses and fading away. I’m always expecting the worse from the team because that’s what they generally produce.

I have mates that support Brisbane and Melbourne and they generally expect to win. Or at the very least have a red hot dig. Wouldn’t that be nice? Can anyone ever remember a game where you were confident? I’m sure we can all recall a game where you accidentally became even slightly confident and watch wests get done by 30 or give up a 30 point lead…I hate that.

I think the JV has failed. It’s not a balmain or wests thing it’s the early days and the players/staff/coaches that were used seemed to have instilled a shit attitude that’s stuck on the club regardless of what they change. I think you could even pack up move to WA and start again and it would still be broken. Anyways, rant over…here’s looking forward to a week of dribble from the club/players , a great crowd turning up at the old girl on a sunny Sunday and wests being wests

• There’ll be plenty of room at LO next weekend

• @:

This is status quo really?

Apart from a (freaky/lucky) run in 2005 wests the only department wests have been consistent in is disapointment…right up to lote dropping that bomb.

I’m sure there will be a run an wests will will string a few nice wins together but today is just a representation of what the club is…a never been.

I like teddy, I want him to achieve all he can but I don’t know if he can do that at wests. I’m torn. The rest, an I mean THE REST of the players deserve wests.

That’s part of the problem that if we snaffle a couple of wins over the next month or two, the same lot that have had their head in the sand will be saying" see we won. Taylor just needs more time and our millionaire halves are coming along nicely, aren’t they.? We’ll get better."
    Weve seen enough of Taylor to be mostly convinced that he isn’t a first grade coach so get rid of him or get a minder to come in for the rest of the season don’t throw away another season.

• I wonder how much it costs the Wests Tigers to pay for all the staff we currently have. Not sure if the board are paid?

• What we need is a strong smart director of football. Our version of Phil Gould. Gould places a high value in being strong in all three grades and creating competition for spots. We’ve created a system where average players seem to get tenure in first grade and now we’ve got lower grades who are getting lapped every week. Whether that’s down to the quality of player or the why bother factor is debatable. But unless things turnaround very very soon we need to really make some changes.

Brooks just isn’t working. He’s had long enough. He had talent but it’s not happening. Taylor doesn’t seem to be making progress. I don’t see the point of keeping him on. Kevvie Naquaima is a depth player who should be working his arse off to force his way into the side not a lock for the side.

So in the backline I think Teddy, Suli and Moses are a core. Get two new wingers, move Suli in a spot and get a defensive centre.

Our props are okay but our back row can be awful and without Taylor it showed today. Lawrence was dreadful today. I’m not saying it’s over for him but he needs to deliver more often. Put it this way - if he was off contract tomorrow how many offers would he attract? Aloiai is good but he’s in danger of plateauing. Then off the bench you’ve got your Kyle Lovett types with zero impact and zero threat.

It seems as though there is no coherent plan. No understanding of what a successful NRL team looks like.

Recent Topics