Signing Suggestions & Rumours

• @:

Not much chance of signing 2 big names in October. I’m betting we are done recruiting for 2019.

Not big names but I don’t believe we are finished with recruitment

• Cleary to Penrith done deal Bennett to Tigers deal signed this week the Tigers also picked up a player from the Warriors and one from the Raiders

That’s all I have been told

• @:

Cleary to Penrith done deal Bennett to Tigers deal signed this week the Tigers also picked up a player from the Warriors and one from the Raiders

Queen are these done deals for 2019 or after ?

• @:

@:

Cleary to Penrith done deal Bennett to Tigers deal signed this week the Tigers also picked up a player from the Warriors and one from the Raiders

Queen are these done deals for 2019 or after ?

• Who could we pick up from the raiders and warriors, very mysterious…

• @:

Without been a pain what chance of this actually happening or are we getting hopes up for nothing?

• @:

@:

Without been a pain what chance of this actually happening or are we getting hopes up for nothing?

Cleary coaching Penrith for 2019 is from the mouth of the current NZ captain so I think it’s good and the other stuff from a different person who knows a player manager

• I think Cleary to Penrith is done and everyone knows that.

I am sure there are logistics to work out but I don’t know a person who wants him here.

• These are the 15 guys (that’s half the 30 man squad) who are off contract after 2019:

Marshall
    Farah
    Brooks
    Lawrence
    Eisenhuth
    Aloiai
    Chee Kam
    Rochow
    Thompson
    Fonua
    Liddle
    McIntyre
    Mikaele
    Gamble
    D Smith

Who should we try to keep?

Gonski:
    Marshall & Farah on last legs, maybe Lawrence as well. Bye Bye Rochow?

Keepers:
    Brooks, Liddle, Mikaele, D Smith?

That leaves 7 - Trouble is, I don’t think they provide much in the way of a Salary Cap boost! So we might have to try & keep a few just to get by!

• @:

Who could we pick up from the raiders and warriors, very mysterious…

Raiders were rumoured to be under salary cap pressure, so it could be someone to be released. Jack Murchie is also a good young second row forward as well.

• @:

I would rather have the three players (McIntyre, Smith and Mikaele)elevated to the full squad than an average plodder from somewhere else. Sure , they may all not work out but look at the players from say Easts, St George and Penrith that emerged when given the opportunity.Mikaele in particular looked good in trial games this year and will hopefully be the impact forward we are desperate to have in short bursts from the bench. Still have 2 spots open and possibly more.

Agree, we need to remember that a lot of the 30 players will mostly be playing ISP. These players need to take this natural progression and they will likely be happy playing in ISP, whereas older players are often not happy to play reggies… which naturally leads to some unrest in the playing group.

• Gone––
    Marshall - Retired
    Farah - Retired
    Eisenhuth
    Chee Kam
    Mcintyre
    Gamble
    Rochow

Keep----
    Brooks
    Mikaele

Maybe----
    Lawrence (Definitely if his form is like this year, but he is getting on. Need to be careful)
    Aloiai (More potential than our forward pack, but needs to go)
    Thompson (My hunch says gone)
    Fonua (My hunch says gone. Doesn’t seem an exact position for him)
    Liddle (Hopefully he comes on and stays)
    D Smith

• @:

Who could we pick up from the raiders and warriors, very mysterious…

Possibly Bateman.

• @:

I’d be happy with that. Due to what’s locked in with our roster 2019 looks like it will be a bit of struggle again regardless of the coach, but if Bennett is here for a few years I’d be expecting big things with recruitment for 2020 forward.

Unless we can immediately offload the likes of McQueen and Rochow, and replace them quality… in which case things could change quickly.

Praying for some Uncle Wayne magic 🙏

• @:

Have the so called signings from the Warriors and Raiders played first grade before and could they be walk ins for the squad?

Recent Topics