Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@bptiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Sunnycoast_tiger he has not played this season in 1st grade, is he injured or out of favor?

He was dropped originally but got injured in nsw cup. R12 is the return date

Brayden Morton: Are the Tigers looking at anyone for next year? They have a few off contract and trying to move a few contracts also…

The Lurker: Yes, Kurt Capewell and Jayden Brailey from Cronulla and Jordan Rapana.

Would be nice…

last edited by tigerap

@tigerap said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Brayden Morton: Are the Tigers looking at anyone for next year? They have a few off contract and trying to move a few contracts also…

The Lurker: Yes, Kurt Capewell and Jayden Brailey from Cronulla and Jordan Rapana.

Would be nice…

The Lurker is apparently Dean Ritchie if twitter NRL community is on the money.

@851 yes that would be nice … but kinda feel unlikely.

IMO Tigers should definitely have a crack at Hamlin-Uele , Briton Nikora, Jordan Rapana, and Kamikamika.

Realistic targets for our 2020 left edge second row spot would be Capewell, Joe Stimson, Niukora (Eels) and Hudson Young.

Would love to snatch Sitili Tupouniua but you just know that the Roosters will retain a talent like him despite the fact they have an abundance of representative second row players. The worst part is he will be under the cap for something ridiculous like $200k for the next 3 years.

I think we need a quality second rower, a promising prop and one or two big athletic outside backs. That said some good judges really rate young Smith and Bradley so that needs to be factored in.

Depending on what happens with Reynolds we could do with a controlling half with a good kicking game to play next to Brooks. No one with these qualities is off contract but that doesn’t mean anything in 2019.

@the_scene said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Briton Nikora, Jordan Rapana

We have a solid team. Now we need some above average NLR players. Briton Nikora, Jordan Rapana would be in that class. Just what we need to speed our game up

@tigerap said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Would be nice…

Rapana is a fantastic player. Only concern is he’ll be 30 by the time next season starts.

@WT2K Maybe a player swap Campbell Gillard for Packer … Ivan loved Packer

@Snake I think that would be very fair. Cleary is in more than enough trouble at the Panthers, I’m sure Packers ability and performance would match perfectly at the Panthers under Cleary.

@2005magic said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Snake I think that would be very fair. Cleary is in more than enough trouble at the Panthers, I’m sure Packers ability and performance would match perfectly at the Panthers under Cleary.
I doubt very much if Cleary wants to be anywhere near Packer in the future as a brokrn jaw especially that big would not be fun.I do realise that you are being sarcastic as it would be the last club on planet earth he would be welcome on

I think we need another big Winger Oats , Rapana , and a gun centre Roberts ? , Walker ?

Would love to snatch Sitili Tupouniua but you just know that the Roosters will retain a talent like him despite the fact they have an abundance of representative second row players. The worst part is he will be under the cap for something ridiculous like $200k for the next 3 years.

Ah you do realise of course that Tigers picked up Matterson for exactly the reasons you give against Tupouniua.

If Tupouniua feels his form warrants a contract increase, his manager will go to Roosters. If they refuse, he’ll agitate for a release so he can test his value on the market. You can’t just shut down a player if they are being paid a pittance for high-level performances.

So either Tupouniua is happy being paid bugger all, or Roosters find brown paper bags to supplement his salary and keep the whole salary cap together.

IMO the player we need is Jesse Ramien - strike centre for our other edge. Then, if convenient, an improved edge player who has some footwork and speed. Basically another Matterson would be great.

last edited by jirskyr

@jirskyr said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Ah you do realise of course that Tigers picked up Matterson for exactly the reasons you give against Tupouniua.

If Tupouniua feels his form warrants a contract increase, his manager will go to Roosters. If they refuse, he’ll agitate for a release so he can test his value on the market. You can’t just shut down a player if they are being paid a pittance for high-level performances.

So either Tupouniua is happy being paid bugger all, or Roosters find brown paper bags to supplement his salary and keep the whole salary cap together.

IMO the player we need is Jesse Ramien - strike centre for our other edge. Then, if convenient, an improved edge player who has some footwork and speed. Basically another Matterson would be great.

Not quite. During a conversation with someone reasonably close to Ryan, I was told he had expressed wanting out of the chooks for a while before talking to WT and it wasn’t about money.

@formerguest said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@jirskyr said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Not quite. During a conversation with someone reasonably close to Ryan, I was told he had expressed wanting out of the chooks for a while before talking to WT and it wasn’t about money.

Well spill the beans then, what was it about? I thought Roosters retained all their talent? Maybe Sitili doesn’t expressly want to stay at Bondi either.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.