Signing Suggestions & Rumours

• @jrtiger Damn … Tho … had…nvm

• @jrtiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Steven Marsters has signed with South Sydney until end of 2020.

With Smith, Dillon and Cini coming through I think young fullbacks are somewhat covered. We should go for proven talent or even younger next gen players.

• I hope we sign Mawene Hiroti from the bunnies

He is a winger/ centre, 80% plus goalkicker, Madge signed him at Souths and is only 21

Is fast, reasonably big and souths have a full backine

• Often when I read through this topic my thoughts turn to our three big signings from 2018, Packer, Reynolds and Matulino. These three were probably WT’s most expensive signings following a number a number of lean years. Yet it would be fair to say that each of these three players could be considered to have been, at the time of their signing, on the downward side of their best football years. Bearing this in mind it begs the question as to whether Wests Tigers carried out any medical examination on the these three players before they signed them.

Coach Cleary who signed each of these three was previously a coach of both Packer and Matulino. Could he have known of the injuries which commonly occurred to these two during his coaching career at Warriors or is it just a coincidence that these three very highly paid players are on a seemingly consistent injury treadmill?.

Either way I believe that the most important question should be asked of Wests Tigers management as to whether physical injury examinations are taken on players from other clubs before these players are signed.

• @balmain-boy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@jrtiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Steven Marsters has signed with South Sydney until end of 2020.

With Smith, Dillon and Cini coming through I think young fullbacks are somewhat covered. We should go for proven talent or even younger next gen players.

I think Marsters has more potential then those named…I know we were after him and how disappointing it is he chose Souths over WT, despite the pull of his cousin and a better chance of breaking into our NRL side compared to Souths…seems we can only sign players on the down rather than the up!..

• @tigerap I don’t agree with that, I’ll reserve my judgement until after Cini and Dillon get a run In cc, with better players around them, they are 2 kids that may go to a different level playing with better players, look at Seyfarth very ordinary start of the year in 20’s, but got a step up and I’m not his biggest fan, but credit where it’s due he has got better playing cc. On a another note congrats to young ray Jankovic, on the bench in 20’s start of year, gets another run in cc, thought he was solid in his first outing. Keep improving young fella.

• @fred said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@tigerap I don’t agree with that, I’ll reserve my judgement until after Cini and Dillon get a run In cc, with better players around them, they are 2 kids that may go to a different level playing with better players, look at Seyfarth very ordinary start of the year in 20’s, but got a step up and I’m not his biggest fan, but credit where it’s due he has got better playing cc. On a another note congrats to young ray Jankovic, on the bench in 20’s start of year, gets another run in cc, thought he was solid in his first outing. Keep improving young fella.

I haven’t see anything from Seyfarth to get excited about

• @851i think we have him on a full time contract now and if you had of seen him in Jersey Flegg at the start of the year he was below ordinary, but when the recruitment team put blokes on contracts they push there case hard and give them ample opportunity to succeed, they tend to dismiss there poor games and continually wrap them heavily, remember if your on the recruitment team and giving out dev contracts you are going to give said player umpteenth chances to perform, otherwise you look bad yourself if these players don’t go on.

• @851 First time I watched him play his high work rate, mobility for a big man and that spirit not to give up differentiated him from other players. He has improved incrementally each grade which I like. In the not too distant future he could replace a love child in our NRL pack.

• ForumSupporter

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@851 First time I watched him play his high work rate, mobility for a big man and that spirit not to give up differentiated him from other players. He has improved incrementally each grade which I like. In the not too distant future he could replace a love child in our NRL pack.

I think Matterson is safe

• @pawsandclaws1 First time I saw him play this year he had a few errors and the second game against bulldogs he had 5 errors, 4 bad reads in defence , 2 led to try’s , penalised for mouthing of at ref even though he was captain, but got promoted to cc round 3 , exactly my point, doesn’t matter really how he performs he will be given every chance. But he is playing better in cc.

• @pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@851 First time I watched him play his high work rate, mobility for a big man and that spirit not to give up differentiated him from other players. He has improved incrementally each grade which I like. In the not too distant future he could replace a love child in our NRL pack.

I hope so, boy we need a few of younger ones to come real good real quick

• @851 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Realistically this is our only hope. We need a fullback and half to come through the grades on a rocket.

• @The_Patriot said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@851 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Realistically this is our only hope. We need a fullback and half to come through the grades on a rocket.

A centre as well…

• @WT2K said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@The_Patriot said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@851 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

A centre as well…

Im happy with Mybe and Marsters/ Momirovski

Recent Topics