Signing Suggestions & Rumours

• This post is deleted!

• We will be lucky to sign Corey Dennis let alone George Burgess.

• @GNR4LIFE said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@The_Patriot said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@GNR4LIFE said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@851 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@GNR4LIFE said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@851 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Bennett has just confirmed George Burgess will not be at souths next year, after his suspension his price might be some what reduced

Absolute bonehead with feet for hands.

Still better than what we trot out each week, he is in our starting team, bonehead and all

I will take both Twal and Mikaele over him. Maybe even Aloiai as well.

Ill take Twal, Mikaele, Aloiaia and Burgess as the four rotating props thanks.

Can’t wait to see the throng of clubs racing to sign him. Should be any minute now.

He’s going to attract prime Luke O’Donnell levels of scrutiny from the refs and the judiciary as well…if you were going to sign him you’d want him to agree to forfeit a % of his salary for each game he sits out suspended.

• @TYGA totally agree, what’s our major draw card as a potential home for players ?

• ForumSupporter

@TieDye said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@TYGA totally agree, what’s our major draw card as a potential home for players ?

Didn’t Maguire coach him…?

• @hsvjones said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I don’t know if he is off contract but I like Nick Meaney… He kicks goals and plays a few positions and most important he gives everything…

We missed him thats for sure. He was the obvious signing in hindsight.

• Obviously we can’t sign everybody Madge used to coach… he isn’t Ivan B. Cleary

Seriously though… to any players who haven’t just eye-gouged a club legend that the coach clearly also wants to reach 300 games. What do you think @Geo ?

You contribute often here so would love to know your view on this most pressing matter(son)… yet didn’t have a well formulated view on the stadium debate just passed ! Maybe some of the ‘supporter’ money is better put in towards a brain tank of blokes a little brighter than YOU or I to actually rectify it.

At the moment though, especially with how the Maggie’s are going in reserve grade with our Kings of CC constantly in and out of the side, no significant upgrade on players coming through or currently plodding it up would have ANY, SINGLE extra incentive to relocate @ concord

Really sweating on your reply mate. 🙏🏻

• @The_Patriot so many people laughed it up when others suggested that on here. We legitimately missed out on a player’s brother who couldn’t crack 1sts in the dragons luke warm backline - Steven Marsters - now people think Burgess would even wanna come here

Madge has kept our quality and looks to have targeted great young recruits and talent spotters but we never seem to compete in an open market. Thoughts, Patriot?

Ur a smart guy

• ForumSupporter

Obviously we can’t sign everybody Madge used to coach… he isn’t Ivan B. Cleary

Seriously though… to any players who haven’t just eye-gouged a club legend that the coach clearly also wants to reach 300 games. What do you think @Geo ?

You contribute often here so would love to know your view on this most pressing matter(son)

Pls don’t use him as an example…

I would have thought playing under Maguire would be the draw card you were asking about…

• @Geo no! I’m being serious!! Come on, would Madge sign burgess now given he’s trying not to make a mess of the cap for the next few years at the very least and take us to the 8.

Even the most ardent fans who have been crying out for a more staunch prop for years surely couldn’t think that he’s the answer.

If he was, and even if Madge was to enquire do you not believe he’ll get a better offer?

• ForumSupporter

@Geo no! I’m being serious!! Come on, would Madge sign burgess now given he’s trying not to make a mess of the cap for the next few years at the very least and take us to the 8.

Even the most ardent fans who have been crying out for a more staunch prop for years surely couldn’t think that he’s the answer.

If he was, and even if Madge was to enquire do you not believe he’ll get a better offer?

I wouldn’t sign him either …I think he’s over rated and not even the third best Burghi in the family…has way too many errors and brain snaps for mine per output…

but aren’t we talking about two different things here…you said who would come to the Wests Tigers qouting Cory Dennis as a baseline type of player. as against a Burghi…I believe that Maguire should be able to attract a better quality of player to play under him than that

• @TieDye said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@TYGA totally agree, what’s our major draw card as a potential home for players ?

Madge will attract solid players that are 22-26 years old that want to work hard and improve.
    I just can’t see any experienced players wanting to put themselves though Madge’s regime .Especially big forwards.

• @Geo think he’s referring to the club and not the people - but also saying George not Corey are the types Madge would be looking at. Idk but has seemed to be bang on with his insights

Take everything ya read on here with a grain of salt dude, where’s Tim mannah🤣

• Nor ^ can’t work out editing

• ForumSupporter

@Jessica said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Geo think he’s referring to the club and not the people - but also saying George not Corey are the types Madge would be looking at. Idk but has seemed to be bang on with his insights

Take everything ya read on here with a grain of salt dude, where’s Tim mannah🤣

I’m not sure what that means tbh…

Aren’t your good self and @TieDye related…

What does believing or not believing what you read have to do with the quality of player Maguire can attract to play under him…?

Recent Topics