Signing Suggestions & Rumours

• @DieHarder said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@jirskyr every time somebody says that is a nail in Greenburg’s Coffin tbh, how ridiculous is it that 99.9% of the entire (generally lesser socio-economic background) RL fan base can tell that something is amiss there, and that the NRL effectively tried to distract us and save their bacon by fining us over a small print error that was NEVER, ever going to give us any competitive advantage n was common knowledge in just about every single Journo circle that’s Turdo is known to frequent.

I really am still shaking my head that it was all handled so poorly and in 2019 too!

We are supposed to be operating smartly now & making a profit, really some hard questions do need to be asked n assessed of Pascoe By the actual year’s end I’d say… Madge won’t be impressed dare I say he may have his own preferred candidates moving forward 😉

Are you saying Madge may have a candidate to replace Pascoe?

I hope i misunderstood this.

• Banned

@Russell of course that’s not what I’m saying ! Was saying that if I am Maguire right now I’m not at all impressed with some of the things going on at club and head office - subsequently as a smart man with many a good connection in the league world, I’d be looking at my options , obviously through the board and/or managing director (whoever it may concern, best channel for going about change).

I’m a big fan of Pascoe but you’d think he’ll be gone if we haven’t made the 8 within the next two years after this! Not to mention Madge and his head being on chopping block

Hopefully for all their sakes it is put to bed this year & we have a ‘Holy Grail’ moment⚰

• Banned

And, no - the word I used was “preferred”.

• @DieHarder said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Russell of course that’s not what I’m saying ! Was saying that if I am Maguire right now I’m not at all impressed with some of the things going on at club and head office - subsequently as a smart man with many a good connection in the league world, I’d be looking at my options , obviously through the board and/or managing director (whoever it may concern, best channel for going about change).

I’m a big fan of Pascoe but you’d think he’ll be gone if we haven’t made the 8 within the next two years after this! Not to mention Madge and his head being on chopping block

Hopefully for all their sakes it is put to bed this year & we have a ‘Holy Grail’ moment⚰

Phew! that was a relief!

• Talk of Proctor looking around. He has been one of the Titans better players (not saying much) but is he much of an improvement to what we have.

Does he play under Madge for the kiwis?

Thoughts?

• ForumSupporter

@Harvey said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Talk of Proctor looking around. He has been one of the Titans better players (not saying much) but is he much of an improvement to what we have.

Thoughts?

I think Roger Tiuvasa Shreck looks un happy a bit green at the Wobblers and plays under Madge for the Kiwis

• @Geo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Harvey said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Talk of Proctor looking around. He has been one of the Titans better players (not saying much) but is he much of an improvement to what we have.

Thoughts?

I think Roger Tiuvasa Shreck looks un happy a bit green at the Wobblers and plays under Madge for the Kiwis

Yes yes yes

• @Harvey said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Thoughts?

I think he’s 30, on the decline and unlikely to come cheap. Would prefer younger talent with upside given our current situation and roster.

• Have we actually been linked to anyone recently? Our name was in the mix for Ramien a couple of weeks back but has disappeared. I guess we might have some luck in adding to the 2021 roster. What a long 12 months ahead…

• @Roar_Power yep, fair to say that we were much more of a possible player destination before the salary cap issue. And we couldn’t even get our things in order in time to sign DWZ.

• Billy walters may be on the outer

• @Harvey proctor has been horrible the whole time he’s been up there

• according to Fox Sports, best off contract stars to snag

are Rapana and Issac Luke

• @thegbone Anyone that wears a Titan’s Jersey has to know that their career will be demolished in a matter of seconds.
    E.g- Proctor, Boyd, Cartwright, Peachey, Taylor.

• Whatever hope we have of signing anyone decent in the next year will depend on situation with Packet, Matulino and Reynolds. McQueen is not on that big dollars compared to those 3. Packet and Matulino are within reason of being said to be medically impossible to come back on the field anytime soon or ever, and Reynolds does not seem to have taken the ESL option and we seem to be left hoping another NRL club will take him. Doubtful at best due to the contract amount difference the other clubs would have to stump up to make it worthwhile. If we can free up about $300k we could sign a good up and comer but no star.

Recent Topics