Signing Suggestions & Rumours

I also think you’d find Marsters, Mbye and McIntyre also on the shopping list. Marsters and Mbye would be attractive to some clubs and create interest and not be a huge loss if left, creating some opportunity cap space. McIntyre has done nothing but similarly good enough to create some interest elsewhere as a work horse back rower. We have enough of them.

@THE_POM - I agree, he has been good the back end of the year. Mate, I don’t know who you are, you appear to have a “line” into the club, but just wanted to say “thanks” for you taking the time to answer our questions on here and for providing updates on potential player movements.

@WT2K said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@GNR4LIFE said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

ET would have made no sense. Was on of our form players towards the end of the season. Would have been a great reward to say see you later.

How the hell hasn’t Jennings been told he can explore his options?

🤞 Hopefully that tap on the shoulder for Jennings is coming 🤞

Provided he is not on a huge contract he is only with us for 2020 but I agree he hasn’t done anything to warrant keeping. If he can go, why not. Clean out of under performance, is a clean out.

@THE_POM said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@tigerap Think you’ll find after how he ended the season Elijah Taylor’s not on the chopping block. Won’t get in the way if he gets a long term option. But Madge happy to keep him around.

I thought he was one of our best those last few games, and i like him in the team so would be disappointed if he left. Always plays his guts out

@OzLuke said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@tigerap Think you’ll find after how he ended the season Elijah Taylor’s not on the chopping block. Won’t get in the way if he gets a long term option. But Madge happy to keep him around.

I thought he was one of our best those last few games, and i like him in the team so would be disappointed if he left. Always plays his guts out

i wouldn’t get too carried away with the 2 wins against the knights and dragons to be honest with you

@trentrunciman said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@OzLuke said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

i wouldn’t get too carried away with the 2 wins against the knights and dragons to be honest with you

doesn’t matter who you play you still have to put in.

If someone chooses to go to superleague can they can just quit the club with no repercussions to our cap ? If we agree to release them.
I know there is if they move to another club here.

@gallagher said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Roar_Power said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@gallagher to be honest I think the players we bring on board won’t be from the off-contract group but as you suggest, those under contract who are being offered to other clubs or free to negotiate elsewhere.

Yeah, you look at someone like Paps. He’s apparently on $140 for next year. If we sign him for $500k from 2021 then Melb may be happy for him to go early. Things change pretty quickly when money’s involved.

So we may pay 3x what the storm pay for a player. Don’t complain about sombreros…we are idiot’s. 500k for promise. Gee we must like having cap problems.

Billy Walters, Musgrove and Kyle Turner.
Buy your grand final tickets for next year early.

@TYGA said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

For Canterbury cup😏

@kafta said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@TYGA said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

For Canterbury cup😏

We’ve got plenty of quality Canterbury Cup players in first grade.

@kiwitiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@gallagher said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Roar_Power said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@gallagher to be honest I think the players we bring on board won’t be from the off-contract group but as you suggest, those under contract who are being offered to other clubs or free to negotiate elsewhere.

Yeah, you look at someone like Paps. He’s apparently on $140 for next year. If we sign him for $500k from 2021 then Melb may be happy for him to go early. Things change pretty quickly when money’s involved.

So we may pay 3x what the storm pay for a player. Don’t complain about sombreros…we are idiot’s. 500k for promise. Gee we must like having cap problems.

As i said, I just picked him as an example.

ET would have made no sense. Was on of our form players towards the end of the season. Would have been a great reward to say see you later.

Madge wouldn’t even need to ask me nicely - I’d tap Jennings on the shoulder for Madge. Just get rid of him. Please.

@Russell said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Madge wouldn’t even need to ask me nicely - I’d tap Jennings on the shoulder for Madge. Just get rid of him. Please.

Not sure…Jennings is so far the only player Maguire has brought to the Club…

@Geo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Russell said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Not sure…Jennings is so far the only player Maguire has brought to the Club…

I know - and that is a worry.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.