Signing Suggestions & Rumours

This is good! As good as Matterson was he wasn’t overly aggressive.
Brown is an Aussie version of JWH.

@beachtiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Don’t mind the idea of Brown coming home, as others have said his injuries are a bit of concern but if he can get that right would be a good buy.

I know I’m probably dreaming but if we pick him up and JWH as well then all of a sudden we have a much more intimidating pack.

Would love JWH - he is the glue man at the roosters.

I promise you JWH would turn out to be an Adam Blair signing.

Don’t forget his form before this season. He’ll come here for a paid holiday.

last edited by Moh

@Moh Madge would be throwing him in CC before he knew what hit him…

Nathan Brown is a decent signing at the right price.

Still hoping there’s another quality forward on the way.

When did we sign Brown. I posted a while ago he’d be the player I swap Matterson for but had no idea we were targeting him. He’s better than Matterson Eels would be dumb to release him.

Brown’s two recent injuries were a pectoral tear and an ankle/foot injury. I’m not overly fussed about the injuries because they’re unrelated. If he had continually injured his knee/shoulder etc. then yes I would worry, but there’s nothing about them that seems anything more than bad luck.

I think he’d be a great signing. He’s every bit as good as Matterson in the 13 jersey and shouldn’t be too expensive if the Eels are paying part of his package. Leaves a nice Frizell sized vacancy on the right edge too.

Is all the talk about us swapping Matterson for Brown actually real or just speculation? And how did it start because I haven’t seen or heard anything that connects Brown with us at all? As far as I can see Brown is listed on the Eels 2020 squad list, looks like he is going nowhere.

last edited by Spud_Murphy

@Spud_Murphy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Is all the talk about us swapping Matterson for Brown actually real or just speculation? And how did it start because I haven’t seen or heard anything that connects Brown with us at all? As far as I can see Brown is listed on the Eels 2020 squad list, looks like he is going nowhere.

Page 2073 of this thread. Post by AnonTiger.

@Cultured_Bogan said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

The problem is our second row. Garner is a very good player but Lawrence is no longer NRL standard and MCK far more effective off the bench as a utility.

Brown doesn’t solve this problem at all.

last edited by avocadoontoast

@avocadoontoast Nathan Brown at 13 brings it all together tho IMO.

1. Garner
  2. Lawrence
  3. Brown

Solid bench of,

1. Mikaeke
  2. Packer (Impact prop?)
  3. MCK (utility/2RF/clutch)
  4. Aloiai (Impact toward)

Twal and Clarke to start FRF

@Nelson said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Spud_Murphy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Page 2073 of this thread. Post by AnonTiger.

Cheers mate, I missed all that banter!

Brown is ok, but geez I was hoping for much better, especially after reading Willow’s and Wounded Magpie’s posts on the topic of signings. This is a bit of a let down, but typical of where we are as a club right now I guess.

@avocadoontoast said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Cultured_Bogan said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

The problem is our second row. Garner is a very good player but Lawrence is no longer NRL standard and MCK far more effective off the bench as a utility.

Brown doesn’t solve this problem at all.

No it doesn’t, we’re basically replacing a lock.

If this goes ahead, we still have three spots to fill prior to 2020. I’d like to see a front rower, second rower and centre. We need a decent front & second rower among them as a priority.

last edited by Cultured_Bogan

Everyone worries about injuries when signing players, but it really is the luck of the draw and can go either way (it’s the nature of the game). Tedesco has had some horrific knee injuries, but that hasn’t damaged his career too much with the Roosters.

@Demps

Need another second rower desperately, you insert Frizzel in there then geez

1. Luke Garner
  2. Tyson Frizzel
  3. Nathan Brown

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.