Signing Suggestions & Rumours

Abbey had big wraps coming through the Warriors system.

Solid signing at basement price really, if he kicks on it’s great, if he doesn’t no loss.

As others have said, if Abbey’s on minimum wage what’s the big deal? If he does better than expected, like Corey Thompson, excellent! If he doesn’t, well he’s on minimum wage. A minimum wage signing saves money for bigger signings. He seems to have a bit of talent, but has just had bad luck with injuries and being stuck behind bigger name players.

@GNR4LIFE He may be off the books shortly if he takes up an ESL offer currently on the table…

@TYGA said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If you read Maguire comments in the NRL.com article he sounds interested in Mitchell but says there are a few things they need to sort out in the cap first. I would assume this would be Macqueen and higher priced players Reynolds and maybe Mbye. There are other players obviously on his radar and it’s obvious we need more than one star player taking up most of the remaining cap room.

After Abbey assuming 100k contract we have circa 1.5m left in the cap and now 4 spots 1m on Mitchell leaves 3 spots and 500k which will not work. I believe we will be letting a few more go before commuting better players in 2020.

I don’t have any inside word just arithmetic.

so that’s essentially every Cleary signing haha

@Don_Kershane Thank you Don. Every time I see dribble written when it should be drivel I shrivel a little. It’s not a big deal but for some reason it gets to me. It’s probably my dear departed grandmother’s influence. She was a stickler for good grammar and expression.

@Bathursttiger2 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Is there any more news about Nathan Brown returning to WT, or was it just another rumour.

Like what…when…?

Some squad + CC back @ training today

@Ponyo thought it was the 17th?

@Madge Officially yes, these sessions must be optional for 1st grade. Good lot of them out there today though.

last edited by Ponyo

@GNR4LIFE Wests Tigers need to sign marquee players for enticing good players in the future years. Lattrell is also a great fullback which this club needs.sign him.

@Geo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Bathursttiger2 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Is there any more news about Nathan Brown returning to WT, or was it just another rumour.

Like what…when…?

Yeah the story just went cold all of a sudden.

If we want to sign a fullback …why don’t we sign a fullback …if we are talking 1.1 million a year you probably attract anyone bar Tedesco

If we sign Mitchell and he fails at fullback and Madge says "back to the centres young man " …what do you reckon happens

I’m no psychologist , but that comment that Dr Phil talks about using past behaviours to predict future behaviours is true

Biggest mistake this club has made (even in the Sheens era ) was trying to make players play out of position

Will we ever learn from our mistakes …ever

@happy_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If we want to sign a fullback …why don’t we sign a fullback …if we are talking 1.1 million a year you probably attract anyone bar Tedesco

If we sign Mitchell and he fails at fullback and Madge says "back to the centres young man " …what do you reckon happens

I’m no psychologist , but that comment that Dr Phil talks about using past behaviours to predict future behaviours is true

Biggest mistake this club has made (even in the Sheens era ) was trying to make players play out of position

Will we ever learn from our mistakes …ever

Agree 100%. When you look think of who we currently have available to play fullback. Moses, Thompson and Momo / Nofo at a pinch all make shifts.
The only actual fullback we have at this club is Dylan Smith…

@coivtny lol or i meant dribbiling poo and not drivel but hey you take my meaning and interept it yourselves lol

@happy_tiger

Ah Sheens.

1. Fitzhenry
    6.fulton
    7.farah
    9.b galea.

My god he would have 7-8 playees out of position
So frustrating…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.